Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans of Steel Vengeance?

Go down 
+14
tjchad
Mujer Serene
325ad
stormspell
krokus
kmorg
Fat Freddy
speed101
Shawn Of Fire
Gilbert
James B.
ultmetal
Zdan
Glenn Rogers
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Empty
PostSubject: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Just wanted to see if anyone knew about this band?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I love Steel Vengeance actually. Awesome artwork, awesome music. Very underrated band. To me they(you) belong in the pantheon of US metal greats like Savage Grace, Omen, Jag Panzer and the like. Love the first two discs especially. Might be weird coming from a 24 year old Polish guy but Steel Vengeance is one of my favourite US bands ever. As usual from me - REISSUE the albums! They are really underrated and a proper CD reissue (not greek bootlegs) would really help people to get to know the great music on those CDs. Favourite album include the first two!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Wish the Steel Vengeance stuff was easier to get.

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wish the Steel Vengeance stuff was easier to get.

As far as I know most of it was not released on CD and the original vinyls are hard to find.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:32 pm

You and Robbie made great music together, even in Hero headbanger

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 am

I'm familiar with their music, but their albums are so hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:20 am

From what I undetstand, Heaven & Hell Records contacted them about reissues and was unsuccessful...

Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 am

Think i have a cdr or two of theirs but not listened to them yet.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
From what I undetstand, Heaven & Hell Records contacted them about reissues and was unsuccessful...

That is weird. Either the band does not want their stuff reissued (why would they release the 2008 Collection then?) or Black Dragon is making some kind of problem about this. Shame as the music deserves a wider audience.

Last edited by Zdan on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:47 am

Heard OF'em but never actually heard'em....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:00 am

A friend of mine owns one of their albums on vinyl (not any of the Glenn ones), so I know the band from that. I remember loving that album (the name escapes me), and have been on the lookout for CD's ever since, to no avail. Would LOVE to see their stuff reissued.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks I'm working on it...There is a Comp on I tunes,and a web site. I'll post the link.

www.steelvengeance.com
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:56 am

I have seen the collection but that does nothing for me. I want the original albums with ORIGINAL artwork (this is crucial for me and probably everybody) and bonus tracks if you can do it Glenn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Having the music is better then nothing but some reissues would kill.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Have the albums on vinyl. I even have PRISIONER twice with different artwork. I have LIVE:AMONG THE DEAD on cd but the sound is not very good.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:55 pm

krokus wrote:
Have the albums on vinyl. I even have PRISIONER twice with different artwork. I have LIVE:AMONG THE DEAD on cd but the sound is not very good.

Yes I know. We not $$$ for budget...
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
krokus wrote:

Yes I know. We not $$$ for budget...

I really don't care about remasters that much. Just put the music out there for the interested people to buy. Only thing that is important is the STUNNING original artwork.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:40 am

James B. wrote:
You and Robbie made great music together, even in Hero headbanger

Hey Glenn, am I confused ? Were you and Robbie in Steel Vengeance at the same time.

I don't recall him recording anything with them, or did he ? I can't even remember if I saw them or not. Man, I saw alot of bands back then.

Laterz brother

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I was marginally more successful until we hit the hurdle with Black Dragon proclaiming the masters unavailable. The guy seemed pretty reluctant on re-mastering from the vinyl, so we dropped the ball. Now I've heard Retrospect are going to release em, so Zdan may have his wish granted after all, albeit not exactly in the packaging he wanted Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 am

stormspell wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I was marginally more successful until we hit the hurdle with Black Dragon proclaiming the masters unavailable. The guy seemed pretty reluctant on re-mastering from the vinyl, so we dropped the ball. Now I've heard Retrospect are going to release em, so Zdan may have his wish granted after all, albeit not exactly in the packaging he wanted Laughing

Retrospect?! WHY?! I like some of the stuff the guy has released but I really hope he AT least he goes the CD not the CD-R route. I would go with Stormspell every time over Retrospect but if I have to buy his stuff I will.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am

Not wanting to remaster from vynil is stupid!! With the tech available today, there's no reason not to....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 am

Sorry, I should have explained better. It wasn't his fault really. He only wanted the best for the project. Here's the entire story, for whoever it may interest:

My contact was with Michael Wickstrom. He told me the Black Dragon deal has expired and he is the current copyright holder on the entire catalog, except for two songs from "Never Lettin' Go" album. The plan was to do a complete discography re-release minus those two tunes.

This was around the spring of 2009. Michael had just remastered that best of compilation from the vinyls and he hated the result, so he wanted to go with the masters. A wise choice really. We've requested them from Black Dragon, but soon after I received a hand-written letter from Black Dragon simply stating the masters are not available - it didn't say if they were lost, destroyed, or whatever. Just not available.

Given the circumstances, Michael was okay to go with remastering the vinyls as last resort, with the condition to be present at the studio to ensure best result. Which meant we cannot use one of the indy-friendly studios we work with. The project was huge (quadruple box-set anthology with all 4 albums and tons of demo/ep bonuses, except for the two songs off of "Never Lettin' Go" as mentioned above), it was going to be costly, Stormspell was hitting a rough patch and I simply could not commit to it at that time and sort of let it slip. I would like to emphasize that Michael was very nice and cordial to work with and it has nothing to do with him. It was my own failure to keep up with the project and I take all the blame for it!

Anyhow, I was going to follow up on it once we got some spare funds under our belt, but then Retrospect announced they are going to re-release it (as posted on Heavy Harmonies forum on April 2010) so that was it.

Why Retorspect haven't released anything after announcing it almost an year ago is unknown to me. They are usually way faster than that.

Last edited by stormspell on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:00 am

Thanks for the story Stormspell. For the record - of all the re-release companies, bar none, I think your stuff is packaged and prepared in the best of ways. That is why I buy it religiously. Sorry to hear this because a massive 4CD boxset would be awesome. I would buy that and I know people that would.

Retrospect has announced the Pandemonium releases a long time ago and nothing has materialized. My problem with them is the status of their stuff. I find hard to believe they got the rights to some of their stuff (Warminister for example). So I am worried about bootlegs.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:53 am

Stormspell - thanks for the explanation...it makes more sense. As for not liking the vinyl remaster, no disrespect to the guy who did their best of, but they just haven't heard the right guy do it. I've heard CDs remastered from vinyl and even cassettes that sound great!

It is odd that Retrospect annouced it, but then never put anything out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Finding the right affordable studio to handle such type of project without killing the dynamics and cranking up the compression to 11 a-la Death Magnetic style is very tough task these days. Especially for small labels like me with a limited budgets to operate with... I'm open to all suggestions and tips in regards to this matter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Steel Vengeance?   Any fans of Steel Vengeance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Steel Vengeance?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next