Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity

Go down 
+2
Lari
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Empty
PostSubject: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 am

This album seemed to come and go on the same day. Little to no promotion anywhere, as far as I saw. Great album, though. I've been listening to Chris's stuff for the last few hours, and I really dig House of Insanity. I like them all, but this one really hit home tonight (except for the silly cover of "Get Up, Stand Up").

His solo stuff is by far the least accessible of the Sava crews post-Savatage stuff, but even though I say that, I always enjoy it when it's on. There's fewer hooks on his albums than on Circle II Circle's and JOPs albums, so I think Chris's stuff is better in smaller doses.

Kind of a bummer, though. Listening to a song like "No Matter What" just shows how good Jon and Chris are together. Makes me miss Savatage. =(

Anyway, it's 4 AM and I felt like giving the man some props.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 am

I actually prefer Faces and Pins and Needles to the latest one. I agree they are all very good though.

You're probably right that out of the Savatage spinoffs, Caffery solo is the hardest and edgiest. But I don't know if it's that unaccessible, really. At least not to those familiar with Doctor Butcher. A lot of similarities between the two projects, in my opinion.

It was a shame how badly the last album was marketed, if at all, and distributed. For the first few months it was only available as a download. But I waited and got the physical copy from his website. Caffery is very active on his message board, too, which is nice.

I hope he continues making awesome albums. And why wouldn't he? You know TSO has to be his 'day job' in a way that it's what pays the bills, being a multi-platium selling group, but you gotta think his solo releases are the real outlet for his own music.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 am

I really liked House of Insanity too, and found it to be a giant step in the right direction after Pins & Needles.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 am

I definatly need to get some Chris stuff. Should I start with this or something else?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:03 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I definatly need to get some Chris stuff. Should I start with this or something else?

Sure, start with House of Insanity. And if that turns out to be a little hard to get, maybe try Faces.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Started and stopped with Faces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:32 pm

I like the album, but I still can't understand why the dude signed the jewel case rather than any booklet or inserts with the preordered versions. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:46 pm

kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Sure, start with House of Insanity. And if that turns out to be a little hard to get, maybe try Faces.
The whole Faces/God Damn War and W.A.R.P.E.D. thing was a bit confusing, but those are all easy to find cheap now.

For instance: http://www.swapacd.com/Chris-Caffery-Faces/cd/724942/

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Locky wrote:
I like the album, but I still can't understand why the dude signed the jewel case rather than any booklet or inserts with the preordered versions. Laughing
Really? lol! I ordered all mine directly from him so they're all autographed. But I don't think he autographed the jewelcase. Maybe he was drunk? Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Locky wrote:
Really? lol! I ordered all mine directly from him so they're all autographed. But I don't think he autographed the jewelcase. Maybe he was drunk? Haha.

The Bloody hob-nob

Here's the evidence

Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Imgp4216

Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Imgp4217
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:56 pm

And...on the back? Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And...on the back? Haha.

I know, the feckin' lug. Very Happy

He may as well have signed the underside of the disc
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I haven't heard House Of Insanity. I do have Faces and like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity   Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Caffrey - House Of Insanity
Page 1 of 1