Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius

Go down 
+3
Smindas
mc666
exact33
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

What do you guys think of this? I don't think GR had totally found their sound yet, that would happen on Insanity And Genius but I like it well enough though i'm glad Kai took over the vocal duties. I always wonder how Helloween held him back, this isn't that different.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm

I like this one. It is not their strongest but it is quite enjoyable..

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:42 am

the first 3 Gamma Ray albums all sounded different from each other. that's why those 3 are my favorites. with Land of the Free, they kind of started the standardized power metal formula they continue to this day. not bad, but kinda samey.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 am

Insanity & Genius isn't a bad record, but it's kind of weird. It does have some brilliant Gamma Ray songs though. It's certainly better than its predecessor, mind.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:43 am

It's a decent album. Not their best though.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm

Some of the songs are among the best songs they ever did. There's also a lot of crap on it though. Heal Me and Tribute to the Past on the other hand are my two favorite GR songs.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:38 pm

If they played the songs on this in studio the same way they played them live, it would be way better than it is. See 'the Lust for Live' DVD, taken from their 1993 tour with Rage. So I like almost everything on it for that reason..if the song is live...I hate 'Brothers' and then I hate that terrible song Dirk sings. I think every other song is good to great, however.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm

I liked it when I first heard it. I kind of stopped liking it as much as the years go on. The production is kind of meh, and that Gamma Ray cover song is annoying. Otherwise I like all the other songs.

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius   Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray-Insanity and Genius
Page 1 of 1