Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grey Skies Fallen

Go down 
+4
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
ghost of winter
Eyesore
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:35 am

Sigh...just bought my first iTunes album. But for a good cause, because this band is brilliant!

Quote :
New York metal band GREY SKIES FALLEN has made its new EP, "Along Came Life", available via iTunes. The artwork for the group's first release since 2006's "Two Way Mirror" was handled by Travis Smith, who has previously worked with OPETH, NEVERMORE, AMORPHIS and KING DIAMOND, among many others.

"Along Came Life" track listing:

01. The Grand Scheme Of Things
02. By The Wayside
03. Forever And A Day
04. Along Came Life

Sonically, "Along Came Life" "runs the gamut from mellow to heavy, and provides the listener with yet another new twist on the GREY SKIES FALLEN sound," according to a press release.

GREY SKIES FALLEN is currently working on material for a full-length album.

"Along Came Life" can be streamed in its entirety on the GREY SKIES FALLEN YouTube page.
This band is one of many bands I discovered by way of the $2 section at Nuggets in Boston. They so good. Their first album was very doomy, or doom death, while the second mixed in something more like melodic death metal. Their last album was mellow, sort of the like latter period The Gathering—but still excellent.

Then they broke up. Bummer. They simply couldn't make a living, like so many other musicians out there.

Luckily they decided to reform and release music digitally, in the forms of EPs once or twice a year. I hope it works for them, because these new songs are fantastic! A nice mix of the heavy stuff and the mellow stuff.

If you dig it, and have iTunes, consider spending $4 on it. The band is worth it.

That said, how the hell do I turn these damn AAC files into MP3s so I can listen to them on my MP3 player and whatnot?

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost of winter
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 am

free converter here:
www.magicvideo.net/aac-to-mp3/
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:29 pm

The easiest way is just to burn a cd and then import back into in iTunes as mp3s .
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:40 pm

Rick from GSF has been an online buddy of mine for years...at one point a couple years ago, they offered all 3 GSF albums for free download from their site...

They are indeed a great band...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rick from GSF has been an online buddy of mine for years...at one point a couple years ago, they offered all 3 GSF albums for free download from their site...

They are indeed a great band...
Very very cool. headbanger
Back to top Go down
RickGSF
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey, I just stumbled across this thread doing a Google search for the EP, looking for any reviews...

Thanks for the kind words, Eyesore! Looks like we're scrapping the EP idea after this one, and writing a full-length for the next release. We hope to hit the studio this summer, but you know how those things go.

Shawn, fancy seeing you here!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey, whatever. Looking forward to new music either way. Will this be a digital release?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:05 pm

RickGSF wrote:
Hey, I just stumbled across this thread doing a Google search for the EP, looking for any reviews...

Thanks for the kind words, Eyesore! Looks like we're scrapping the EP idea after this one, and writing a full-length for the next release. We hope to hit the studio this summer, but you know how those things go.

Shawn, fancy seeing you here!

Cheers, Rick! headbanger

Metal novice
Metal novice

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hey, whatever. Looking forward to new music either way. Will this be a digital release?

Unless we ever get signed, (and that's not looking good) everything going forward will be digital-only.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:25 pm

I hear ya.

I really should sell my collection before it's not worth a dime. I don't want to be 65 years old trying to hock CDs. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 pm

http://www.greyskiesfallen.com

All four releases—three full-lengths and one EP—are now available for free download. Do yourselves a favor and download them. All four of them are excellent!

Looks like they have a new EP called Introspective coming out soon, too. Awesome!
Back to top Go down
RickGSF
Metal novice
Metal novice

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Sorry for bumping an old thread...

We are heading into the studio this weekend to begin tracking the new EP, "Introspective." Pretty psyched about it. Look for it soon on our site for free as usual.

We'll also have it up on iTunes, etc. for those who want to support the band somehow.

If you enjoyed Tomorrow's in Doubt-era GSF, you may like the new EP...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Awesome!

And thanks again for that tape. =)
Back to top Go down
RickGSF
Metal novice
Metal novice

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Awesome!

And thanks again for that tape. =)

haha that's you?!?

Like I said, it's not much to listen to. I can check my storage in about a week when I can get over there. I hope I didn't throw the remaining tapes out a few years back when I was cleaning stuff out.

Actually, someone posted an EOM song on YouTube. It's unlistenable to me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Yup. I'm not stalking you. I swear!

Anyway, most musicians think their early stuff is terrible. But as a fan, it's always cool to hear, you know.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 am

Listening to their Along Came Life EP today....very cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to their Along Came Life EP today....very cool.
Yeah, it's very good. Looking forward to the new one.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 pm

Just use Amazon, they don't require shitty software, their bitrate is generally better than iTunes, and all their MP3s are DRM FREE.

And the most important part is, you do not have to support that hypocrite Apple company.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:48 pm

New EP available.

Grey Skies Fallen 2516204392-1

http://greyskiesfallen.bandcamp.com

Three tracks for $3 or more, if you wish to kick it up a few bucks. I paid $10 because I want mooooore! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:40 am

Quote :
Introspective is now available as a free download on our site http://www.greyskiesfallen.com. Please spread the word!
I'm assuming this move is because it wasn't selling well. Or maybe not. Either way, download it. This EP is bad-ass.
Back to top Go down
RickGSF
Metal novice
Metal novice

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm assuming this move is because it wasn't selling well. Or maybe not. Either way, download it. This EP is bad-ass.

You assumed correctly!

At least people have been downloading it from the site though.

We need some reviews. Very little feedback on this EP thus far.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 6:55 pm

Download it, you turds!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:11 am

These cats are looking to fund their next EP. I hope they make it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-new-grey-skies-fallen-ep-the-many-sides-of-truth-recorded-and-pressed/x/1062517

If anything, you should go to their website (link at the bottom of the Indiegogo page) and download all their previous albums. They're free. And they're badass!

headbanger

Back to top Go down
RickGSF
Metal novice
Metal novice

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Hey guys, please check out the studio journals for the album we are currently recording. We are gonna make a new one of these after each batch of sessions. We hope to have the new album out by the end of the year on CD and vinyl!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grey Skies Fallen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grey Skies Fallen   Grey Skies Fallen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Skies Fallen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next