Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letchen Grey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 4:54 pm

http://www.myspace.com/letchengrey

A long lost 80s rock/metal classic! Anyone remember Sexist from the old Metal Massacre release? Same members. Only ever released on vinyl. I'd love to see this album re-released on CD at some point. That MySpace page just popped up two days ago. It's about time. Killer stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 7:34 pm

I seem to remember having a cassette of that album back in the day.....(if that's possible)....my memory is not always reliable...

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 1:11 am

Shiney wrote:
I seem to remember having a cassette of that album back in the day.....(if that's possible)....my memory is not always reliable...
Dig it out! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 8:52 am

I jettisoned my cassette collection years ago...I may still have a dozen or so bopping around in the basement (mostly my wife's)

maybe if they recently put a myspace up...a re-issue is in the works....

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Shiney wrote:
I jettisoned my cassette collection years ago...I may still have a dozen or so bopping around in the basement (mostly my wife's)

maybe if they recently put a myspace up...a re-issue is in the works....
I already asked. This was the response:

Band members are involved with this page. No plans on a remastered CD right now but if we can generate enough interest it is probable. We do have Party Politics on CD from the original masters. I'll find out about selling a CDR Copy

I'm not really down with a CDR copy. I can find that. I'd like a re-release. Yo Stormspell! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:21 am

So things changed. This EP was just reissued on CD (first time ever)!

http://www.retrospectrecords.com/products/letchen_grey.html

I just ordered a copy. I can't wait! Every time I find myself on Vibrations of Doom I listen to this album. Everyone should check this album out!

http://www.myspace.com/letchengrey

🤘
Back to top Go down

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:33 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:36 am

Looks like something I would like. I'll try to remember to check them out at home, as Myspace is blocked here at work.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:40 am

Letchen Grey Front

Never heard of'em, but I love a good ol'fashioned cheesy 80s hot chick album cover.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Give the EP a listen. Do you remember the band Sexist from one of the early Metal Massacre comps? Some members from that band formed Letchen Grey. This was their only release.

We were discussing them on metalreviews.com like two years ago and Robbie Blackmore showed up on the forum and gave us a history lesson. I guess he did a search online for the band name and the forum post came up. Kind of cool. I've been hoping for a reissue since.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Give the EP a listen. Do you remember the band Sexist from one of the early Metal Massacre comps? Some members from that band formed Letchen Grey. This was their only release.

Sexist? The name rings a bell, my bro had a bunch of the old Metal Massacre comps on vinyl back in the day so I must've heard'em at some point. It's been years tho.

I'll check out this Letchen stuff @ home tonite... no speakers on this PC....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

no speakers on this PC....

I would have already stabbed up my office if I didn't have speakers on my work PC. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

no speakers on this PC....

I would have already stabbed up my office if I didn't have speakers on my work PC. Evil or Very Mad

Which is why I have a CD boom box on my desk. Anything to keep the homicidal urges at bay.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:25 pm

I need to get this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Letchen Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letchen Grey   Letchen Grey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letchen Grey
Page 1 of 1