Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awesome KISS News

Go down 
+12
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Olafsto
Troublezone
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
manny
JBall_Z
16 posters
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm

New KISS album in 2011...

http://www.bravewords.com/news/153593
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Killer news, I hope KISS continues in the direction of 'Sonic Boom' , any news if Paul Stanley is also producing this album? I hope so, he did an excellent job on the last album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Nice! Time to do the DANCE OF CHEESE! :cheese:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm sure Paul will produce again...it's cheaper than hiring an outside man and it worked last time. I remember Paul saying a couple years back that he'd only do it "his way", so to speak.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 pm

If it's as good as Sonic Boom, then I too will join you in the DANCE OF CHEESE!!

Awesome KISS News 929854 Awesome KISS News 929854 Awesome KISS News 929854

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Great news!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Think it'll be another Wal-Mart exclusive? Maybe it's me but I don't think that alliance worked as well as the band had hoped.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Think it'll be another Wal-Mart exclusive? Maybe it's me but I don't think that alliance worked as well as the band had hoped.

I'm hoping that the CD is only sold at Citgo gas stations.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:47 pm

I hope the cover art is better next time... Razz
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Damn. The title of this thread had me hoping they had called it a day Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Awesome news ! Can't wait for it !
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Walmart really dropped the ball on that one. Didn't even give KISS a quarter of the promotion they put behind AC/DC. Still, it sold a little over 100K in the first week so even a lazy Walmart is a powerful Walmart. Gene & Paul wouldn't be doing this unless Sonic Boom was profitable, so I'm sure they'll be seeking out the same deal. If not, I can see them signing with Roadrunner in the U.S. since that's their European label.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Excellent!!!!! Sonic Boom was AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Walmart really dropped the ball on that one. Didn't even give KISS a quarter of the promotion they put behind AC/DC. Still, it sold a little over 100K in the first week so even a lazy Walmart is a powerful Walmart. Gene & Paul wouldn't be doing this unless Sonic Boom was profitable, so I'm sure they'll be seeking out the same deal. If not, I can see them signing with Roadrunner in the U.S. since that's their European label.

Seriously? I don't recall seeing AC/DC M&M's, toys, dolls, & other stuff the way I did KISS...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:24 pm

No, WalMart didn't do as much promoting for Kiss as the did AC/DC. In my area there was a little section in the back of the store with the Kiss stuff in it. When they did the AC/DC there was this HUGE point-of-purchase display in the front of the store as soon as you walked in. They didn't have toys & M&Ms, but they did have a crap load of t-shirts.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Wal-Mart definitely pimped the AC/DC disc more than the KISS album. Not in terms of having a ton of merchandise, but I was in a WalMart a week or two before the AC/DC disc dropped and there were big posters of Angus Young hanging in the front of the store, AC/DC music was being played on the in-store video monitors, etc., etc. As Ult said, there were also a lot of AC/DC t-shirts, sweats, hoodies, etc. in the clothing section. They definitely made you aware that AC/DC had a new record coming out, and that you could only buy it there.

On the other hand, from what little I saw of the KISS display in my area, it was a half-assed end cap with a rack of the CDs on it and some shirts. I'm sure most people walked right past it without even seeing it, unless they were looking for the KISS stuff specifically. I didn't see any of the M&Ms, Halloween masks, or other stuff.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Seriously? I don't recall seeing AC/DC M&M's, toys, dolls, & other stuff the way I did KISS...

Seriously. I don't recall seeing a whole mini-store devoted to KISS at the front of the store, banners all over the place or commercials on TV like I did for AC/DC.

To give you a better idea, when I picked my copy up and was getting rung up, the cashier was said "Is this new?" "Yeah, it just came out today." "Huh. I didn't know they had a new album coming out." Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 pm

nice to heat that, hope for better and heavier than Sonic Boom which i don't like very much.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:25 pm

The last new Kiss album I heard was revenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:21 am

Amazing! Can't wait for a new kiss album! headbanger
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think Walmart had very little to do with the number of CD's sold. KISS is almost guaranteed to sell 100K in the first week because of the fans. However, it would have been nice to see them debut at number 1 on Billboard's top 200... a guest appearance on Oprah could have sealed the deal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 am

ultmetal wrote:
No, WalMart didn't do as much promoting for Kiss as the did AC/DC. In my area there was a little section in the back of the store with the Kiss stuff in it. When they did the AC/DC there was this HUGE point-of-purchase display in the front of the store as soon as you walked in. They didn't have toys & M&Ms, but they did have a crap load of t-shirts.

Well, when they called it the "KISS KORNER" they really meant it... but waaaaaaaay back in the store in a corner. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I agree - my wally world blanketed the stoor/carts/bags with AC/DC stuff and when Sonic Boom came out, I had to hunt to get it.

Sponsored content

Awesome KISS News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome KISS News   Awesome KISS News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awesome KISS News
Page 1 of 1