Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?

Go down 
+13
manny
Zdan
Gilbert
EvyMetal
Leatherface
bassman
Joe
mc666
Stender
Fat Freddy
rawr!
GrandNational
325ad
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Locky wrote:
manny wrote:
but mc666 what the hell is viking metal?

I'd classify Enslaved in that category, Viking Mythology etc... in their lyrical themes

OK got it, thanks dude
Back to top Go down
maper74
Metal novice
Metal novice
maper74

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm

I stick with Watain, Finntroll, Dimmu Borgir and Bathory for my black metal needs.

Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 pm

manny wrote:
Locky wrote:
manny wrote:
but mc666 what the hell is viking metal?

I'd classify Enslaved in that category, Viking Mythology etc... in their lyrical themes

OK got it, thanks dude
its more than just lyrical themes, its a specific kind of folk metal. enslaved has viking metal elements whereas eluveitie does not, if that helps. arvinger is a good example of christian viking/black metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:23 pm

manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i love black metal, but i'm very picky about it. i don't like that pompous symphonic stuff, nor am i crazy about the "viking" or "pagan" directions. just give me the good ole grim, raw, chaotic, satanic stuff. sh*t like Gorgoroth, Watain, Dark Funeral, Impaled Nazarene, Marduk, Tsjuder, etc. that's what i like.

I admit I know very little about this genre I like Mayhem, 1492, Dark Funeral, and Emperor, and that is the bands I like in the genre and it is also as far as my knowledge of the genre goes, but mc666 what the hell is viking metal? (saw it referred to it as a separte off shot of black metal genre on another site)

do you mean 1349 rather than 1492?

and Locky is right, "viking" refers to lyrical offshoots of black metal. it also tends to be more atmospheric & folk based, & draw from Norse mythology. bands like early Enslaved (they are now more progressive), post Under The Sign.. Bathory, Nomans Land, Glittertind, Moonsorrow, Ensiferum, etc.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm

mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:
mc666 wrote:
i love black metal, but i'm very picky about it. i don't like that pompous symphonic stuff, nor am i crazy about the "viking" or "pagan" directions. just give me the good ole grim, raw, chaotic, satanic stuff. sh*t like Gorgoroth, Watain, Dark Funeral, Impaled Nazarene, Marduk, Tsjuder, etc. that's what i like.

I admit I know very little about this genre I like Mayhem, 1492, Dark Funeral, and Emperor, and that is the bands I like in the genre and it is also as far as my knowledge of the genre goes, but mc666 what the hell is viking metal? (saw it referred to it as a separte off shot of black metal genre on another site)

and Locky is right, "viking" refers to lyrical offshoots of black metal. it also tends to be more atmospheric & folk based, & draw from Norse mythology. bands like early Enslaved (they are now more progressive), post Under The Sign.. Bathory, Nomans Land, Glittertind, Moonsorrow, Ensiferum, etc.

I meant 1349 Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm

mc666 wrote:

Christopher Columbus?

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 1492
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Now THAT'S brutal.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I enjoy exactly one black metal album.

And it is?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:53 pm

mc666 wrote:

I agree, no melodic black metal or symphonic in black metal, just primative and dark black metal lkike the bands you named and others like CARPHATIAN FOREST (first releases), DARKTHRONE, or MANIAC BUTCHER.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I enjoy exactly one black metal album.

And it is?

I remember from a post he made a couple of weeks ago. It was Emperor's ANTHEMS TO THE WELKIN AT DUSK.

Back to top Go down
ghost of winter
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm

dont listen to much bm anymore but occasionally i'll stick on burzum, darkthrone, emperor or immortal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?    Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Black or Unblack Metal fans?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2