Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)

Go down 
+16
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
STIGMATADOR
GrandNational
DeathCult
James B.
325ad
exact33
Fat Freddy
manny
chewie
Joe
mc666
bassman
Gilbert
Alex Dee Rokket
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 11:46 am

Mine would be Act III from Death Angel. Initially I didn't think it was very good, but it's a grower and now it's probably my favorite of their discography. I would also nominate ...And Justice for All.When it came out I was nonplussed, but after the Black Album was released, about 6 months later, I revisited it, and gained a new appreciation for it, It's now my favorite Metallica album.

Last edited by John Madden on Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:13 pm

Accept’s Metal Heart album (and Accept in general). I always liked the songs Balls to the Wall and Fast as a Shark… but I was a late bloomer as a fan. Now I have a renewed interest.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:26 pm

I just bought Promised Land on CD literally last year.

I never gave it a proper chance myself. It just wasn't the Queensrÿche I fell in love with.

It still isn't the same as the 80's stuff, but you know it's good when songs stick in your head.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 12:27 pm

John Madden wrote:
Mine would be Act III from Death Angel. Initially I didn't think it was very good, but it's a grower and now it's probably my favorite of their discography. I would also nominate ...And Justice for All.When it came out I was nonplussed, but after the Black Album was released, about 6 moths later, I revisited it, and gained a new appreciation for it, It's now my favorite Metallica album.

Act III was my first Death Angel album and now I have all their CD's and they are my favourite band.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2023 3:52 pm

Lari wrote:
John Madden wrote:
Mine would be Act III from Death Angel. Initially I didn't think it was very good, but it's a grower and now it's probably my favorite of their discography. I would also nominate ...And Justice for All.When it came out I was nonplussed, but after the Black Album was released, about 6 moths later, I revisited it, and gained a new appreciation for it, It's now my favorite Metallica album.

Act III was my first Death Angel album and now I have all their CD's and they are my favourite band.
Did you ever hear Rob Cavestany's solo album ?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 1:32 pm

John Madden wrote:

Nope, thanks for the heads up headbanger

Have you heard either The Swarm or The Organization?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 11:01 pm

James B. wrote:
John Madden wrote:

Nope, thanks for the heads up headbanger

Have you heard either The Swarm or The Organization?
Yes sir. I have all that stuff and all their cd's except the Bastard Tracks. Big fan, BOOM! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)   Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rediscovering albums you didn't care about in the past (or initially)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2