Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rediscovering...RAZOR

Go down 
+3
krokus
Required Fields
zombiewalkin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Rediscovering...RAZOR Empty
PostSubject: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Thrash from Canada! Back inna day I used to spin an entitled Executioner's Song by the band Razor. I also had Violent Restitution. I loved spinning these in the early years of thrash metal. Well....I found their back catalog....all except the album Exhumed which is like a best of. I am so VERY impressed with this band. The Armed and Dangerous EP is an excellent piece of raw thrash power! Evil Invaders and Malicious Intent have a strong punk/raw/nasty feel to them....almost primitive in a way.

Then I jumped on over to Shotgun Justice and WOW!! Complete out of control speed/thrash metal! I think every song on this album is 500 MPH! Ive got Custom Killing, Open Hostility and Decibels to go and so far I have not been dissapointed!

Im surprised these guys didnt get above the underground. With good production they would have sounded even better! They can hang with the best of the big boys IMO.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:35 pm

Great band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:40 pm

I think their have been already 4 posts about RAZOR but they are all welcome because they were one of the best bands ever!!!!and deserve much respect.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 4:54 pm

You can't go wrong with any Razor disc in my opinion! Full-throttle thrash metal at its best! I freakin' LOVE Shotgun Justice. Things don't even slow down on that album except in like 2 places, the opening of the title track, and then on Brass Knuckles.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 7:55 am

YES! That is what totally blows me away! Lryically they are pretty goofy but I can look past that. The sheer intensity of the songs on Shotgun Justice are brutal!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 10:44 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
You can't go wrong with any Razor disc in my opinion!

I must agree with you!
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Razor is my fave band from all times !!! This band was and still is unconsidered but their wrote killer tunes. I'm still seeking for their original first MLP !!!!
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:29 pm

"Evil Invaders" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGgXx_egSh8

🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rediscovering...RAZOR   Rediscovering...RAZOR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rediscovering...RAZOR
Page 1 of 1