Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav KISS album

Go down 
+40
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Waylon
Igor
Alex Von Smythe
skullkrusher
Dave the Boss
mlotek
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Nox
MetalGuy71
jstate
allthingsmetal
Alex Dee Rokket
Zdan
Gilbert
MEGATRON
Addy
maper74
James B.
iamrockerfun
nevermore
exact33
JBall_Z
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
krokus
Smindas
kmorg
mc666
stepcousin
TheDoctor'sScarf
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
manny
TheGooch
Shiney
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Fav KISS album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:48 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
70s: RARO, Alive I, Dynasty
80s: Unmasked, The Oath, Asylum, CCN
90s: Psycho Circus, Alive III
00: Live to Win CD/DVD, RTN Tour DVD, Kissology Vol 1-4

yay! someone else likes Psycho circus!

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Based on my exposure it would be a toss up between Love Gun and Destroyer with Dynasty a close 2nd
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
LOVE Dynasty!!!!! I remember when I got it as a christmas present in 79!!!!! Played the heck out of it!!!!! Some GREAT tracks on it - 2000 Man, Hard Times, Save Your Love - ACE really nailed it on this one!!! The only week track is Dirty Livin'.

I was going to mention Ace in my comments. His material really took Dynasty to the next level. Ace Rules!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:02 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
LOVE Dynasty!!!!! I remember when I got it as a christmas present in 79!!!!! Played the heck out of it!!!!! Some GREAT tracks on it - 2000 Man, Hard Times, Save Your Love - ACE really nailed it on this one!!! The only week track is Dirty Livin'.

I was going to mention Ace in my comments. His material really took Dynasty to the next level. Ace Rules!

I love his Stones cover..

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:09 pm

exact33 wrote:
JBall_Z wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I love his Stones cover..

Better than the original !
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

I threw that on my list as well so theres 3 of us haha

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Sonic Boom.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am

Creatures of the night, all the way.

Just look at the cover.

Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:24 am

Creatures Of The Night for me too. Heaviest Kiss album evar. Also for the superb cover of the title track by Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:47 am

70s: toss up between Love Gun and Destroyer. Destroyer was my first ever KISS album. I got into the band during their Psycho Circus reunion tour. So Destroyer was my introduction to the band and I still love listening to it a lot. I also hold Love Gun in the same light as Destroyer which was my 2nd KISS album.

Hard to choose but okay - Destroyer

80s: Lick It Up. I love Creatures alot but I like the glam vibe of Lick it Up a bit better. It's very flamboyant and over the top - I love the sassy attitude of the album and I always aspired to have such massive amounts of chest hair as Paul and Gene.

90s: not a big fan of anything from here but Revenge is okay. Psycho Circus has some solid moments but the other half is filler.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:53 am

Maybe it's b/c I was a kid in the 70's (or I just don't know what I am talking about) but my favorites would have to be their first three. Just very good heavy, groove rock. God bass sounds as well.
My older brother and his friends always despised them b/c of their make-up. Saying it was just a schtick and a side-show, but I always thought the music on the first three could have gotten all the radio play that the other 70's hard rock bands did.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:15 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
exact33 wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:

I threw that on my list as well so theres 3 of us haha

headbanger

you go PRD!!!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:06 am

I like Psycho Circus but it's not a Top 5 record for me. It could have been so much better if they had just let Kiss be Kiss instead of Fairbairn trying to turn it into a pop record. I can only imagine what might have been if Eddie Kramer was there and actually tried to get the best he could out of the four members. Fairbairn never even gave Peter Criss a chance from all the accounts I have read. Ace's "Into the Void" is the only song that actually features the four original members and it's one of the best songs on the album IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:41 am

Creatures Of The Night was my first real exposure to Kiss. Instantly I became a big fan. I still think the video for I Love It Loud is one of the greatest ever. Creatures will always be my favorite.

I also have a lot of love for Animalize too. Destroyer and Lick It Up wouldn't be too far behind those two.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 am

I'm flipping a coin between Creatures... and Revenge. *flip* Heads.

Creatures of the Night wins. Sonic Boom is holding up surprisingly well after all the hype has died down.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metal Nox

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:09 am

Hmmm...If I had to choose, "Love Gun" where my Favorite all time song "Shock Me" is from By Ace!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 am

My Top 5 KISS albums:

1. Destroyer
2. Asylum
3. Unmasked
4. Creatures Of The Night
5. Dynasty

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am

ultmetal wrote:
I like Psycho Circus but it's not a Top 5 record for me. It could have been so much better if they had just let Kiss be Kiss instead of Fairbairn trying to turn it into a pop record. I can only imagine what might have been if Eddie Kramer was there and actually tried to get the best he could out of the four members. Fairbairn never even gave Peter Criss a chance from all the accounts I have read. Ace's "Into the Void" is the only song that actually features the four original members and it's one of the best songs on the album IMO.

Agreed!!!! Supposedly, they wanted Bob Ezrin to produce but he wasn't available. They should have used Eddie Kramer, but Gene and Paul probably didn't want him because they were afraid he would side with Ace on the direction of the album. The cuts left off this one, like In You face and It's My Life are much better than 1/2 of the album. If KISS wanted a "modern" producer, they should used someone like Brendan O'Brien - he would have locked the four of them in the studio and had them bang out a great album as a BAND.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Creatures of the Night wins. Sonic Boom is holding up surprisingly well after all the hype has died down.

Sonic Boom is a GREAT album!!!!! It's not a total "70's KISS record" and Paul liked to say - it's just KISS doing what they do best
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:43 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sonic Boom is a GREAT album!!!!! It's not a total "70's KISS record" and Paul liked to say - it's just KISS doing what they do best

Yea, it's a nice combination of 70's and 80's KISS. Sometimes the initial "wow factor" of a new album wears off and you see it's not as great as you originally thought. Not so with Sonic Boom. I still like it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 am

I'm still diggin' SONIC BOOM too... in fact, I have it in my stack of "to be listened to" discs today yet again.

When I first posted in this thread and listed my faves from the 70s, 80s and 90s, I thought about adding SONIC as my fave for the '00s but then I realized that it's the only thing they've released in the 00s that wasn't a live set, a DVD or a compilation of some sort...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 am

70's KISS/KISS (It doesn't seem to get mentioned all that much)
80's KISS/Creatures of the Night (All time favorite!!! The album was so dark, it made Destroyer seem pleasant.)
90's KISS/ Revenge (Not much to choose from regarding this decade)
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I agree. I love Sonic Boom, and I hope they release a follow up soon. I am concerned about Paul's voice though. I don't know if he has vocal nodes or if after years of pushing his voice to the limit, it finally started to break.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I agree. I love Sonic Boom, and I hope they release a follow up soon. I am concerned about Paul's voice though. I don't know if he has vocal nodes or if after years of pushing his voice to the limit, it finally started to break.

On the last tour, it seemed like his voice is finally starting to break down a bit - he had some trouble hitting the high notes that he didn't have on past tours
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:09 pm

I noticed that too. At first I was chalking it up to a bad night, but I've heard several people mention that Paul's voice is starting to crack. Sucks getting old.

PostSubject: Re: Fav KISS album   Fav KISS album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav KISS album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next