Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIRTY PENNY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:18 pm

I know some of you dig the glam/hair and sleaze metal....this for you all.

DIRTY PENNY is a KILLER new glam band...I dont mean a new metal band with glammy influences I mean, you won't believe these guys are a new young band...you'd think they time warped sraight from the Strip circa 1986....incredible.

http://www.myspace.com/dirtypennysucks

that's a link to their myspace site and a few songs and below is the reply I got when I asked about a cd...

"Visit http://www.dirtypennysucks.com/html/store.html and purchase "Take it Sleezy", the first effort put out by California Sleeze Rockers, DIRTY PENNY.

The cds are $10 and the first 500 will come autographed by the band free of charge. After that, autographed copies will be more expensive. If you want a free autographed copy, just purchase a normal "unsigned" copy for $10 and write to us in the invoice that you want it signed.

Thank you all for your support, and stay tuned for ROCKLAHOMA updates and VIDEOS that will be posted later today.

Take it Sleezy,

Luv the boys of Dirty Penny"

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:12 pm

That rocks! I'm on it.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Me, too!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 6:37 pm

Wow!

Is it 1988?

Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Shiney knows best. I bought my copy right before I came here. I also was going to post about it and PM Shiney, but he beat me to it! Haha.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:51 am

Brilliant band, they remind me a bit of Crashdiet. Massive Def Leppardesque ganged harmonies. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:22 pm

I do what I can....Smile

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 4:42 pm

I got this finally over the weekend...and have listened to it about a dozen times since....

it's KILLER!!!!

Tight as hell and the production....I'll tell you what...this unsigned act has better production on this disc than 98% of the label turds floating in the bowl these days....

It is no frills, non puffy balls out glam sleaze rawk!!! Actually reminds me alot of early Crue....

Whoo-Hoo!!!!!

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:07 pm

You're right! This is a killer CD. Every song is excellent. The only song that I even remotely had a problem with is "Rock." The chorus just seems a bit rushed, he's using too many words when he says "rock me til the wheels fall off." It's just too many words for such a short part. Still a really really good song, though.

"Push Comes To Shove" is probably my favorite track. I also really dig the acoustic version of "Sleaze Disease." It's pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DIRTY PENNY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIRTY PENNY   DIRTY PENNY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIRTY PENNY
Page 1 of 1