Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elixir - NWOBHM

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Elixir - NWOBHM Empty
PostSubject: Elixir - NWOBHM   Elixir - NWOBHM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:48 am

Got this news in an email today, though maybe someone here would like to know abou it.

HARD ROCKER MANAGEMENT PRESENTS A CTR RELEASE: ELIXIR "ALL HALLOWS EVE"
- BRAND NEW STUDIO ALBUM OF THE NWOBHM HEROES

NWOBHM band Elixir released their 5th studio album entitled "All Hallows Eve" on October 31st on the CTR label. The album features the line-up that recorded the acclaimed "The Son of Odin" album: Paul Taylor on vocals, Stormin' Norman Gordon and Phil Denton on guitars, Kevin Dobbs on bass and Nigel Dobbs on drums. Phil Denton remarked, "We recorded ourselves this time, which gave us a lot more freedom to experiment and get things sounding how we wanted them to be. We have some killer songs, and can't wait to get out there and perform them live." Tracks include the 14 minute epic "Samhain", "The Pagan Queen", "Daughters of the Moon", "The Spell", "You're Not Fooling Me", "All Hallows Eve" and "Midnight Messiah" - performed live at Hard Rock Hell III and described in a recent edition of Classic Rock Magazine by writer Geoff Barton as a "soaring anthem". The band worked in collaboration with artist Duncan Storr, who's artwork has graced many covers including Hawkwind's "Chronicles" album, and Elixir's 'Lethal Potion'. "We worked closely with Duncan to get a great album cover that suitably reflects the theme of the new album" says Phil.

Album artwork: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img254/4738/elixirallhallowseve.jpg

Visit the band: www.myspace.com/officialelixir
Official website: www.coldtown.com/elixir

Elixir - NWOBHM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elixir - NWOBHM   Elixir - NWOBHM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Haven't heard about these guys in ages, cool they're still doing music.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

Elixir - NWOBHM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elixir - NWOBHM   Elixir - NWOBHM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Elixir - NWOBHM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elixir - NWOBHM   Elixir - NWOBHM Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 am

Got it in last week. One spin in, I have to say that it's the best thing they've done since The Son of Odin, which is a NWoBHM classic imo. Overall it's a pretty fine album, and definitely worth the 8 pounds they're charging for it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9855

Elixir - NWOBHM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elixir - NWOBHM   Elixir - NWOBHM Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 12:53 pm

Great band. I just got The Remedy 3cd set in the mail.

Awesome stuff. I am a huge fan of the vocalist who also fronts Desolation Angels.

Standout track:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elixir - NWOBHM Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elixir - NWOBHM   Elixir - NWOBHM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elixir - NWOBHM
Page 1 of 1