Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NWOBHM - Hellanbach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NWOBHM - Hellanbach Empty
PostSubject: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Anyone familiar with this NWOBHM band? I just picked up their album Now Hear This. Never heard of these guys before, but I was linked to them thorugh another ebay seller's list. I liked what I read and heard, so I put in a bid for sh*ts & giggles and ended up winning it.

http://www.myspace.com/hellanbachuk

Very Van Halen-esque hard rock. Even some of the reviews I read dubbed them "Halen-bach". Far as I can tell they only released 2 albums and an ep. BNR Metal had this to say...

Quote :

Now Hear This, Hellanbach's debut album, was quite plainly influenced by early Van Halen, particularly in the guitarwork and songwriting areas, while still retaining some of the rough NWOBHM trademarks of the era. While the album got some good reviews, the followup, The Big H, didn't capitalize on that initial success, and the band disappeared soon after.

They mention the guitarwork and songwriting, but failed to mentioned the lead singers DLR sound as well. Fans of NWOBHM and early Van Halen should check these guys out. It's good time hard rock.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 pm

Hell and back?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hell and back?

Yup. Ain't them guys clever? NWOBHM - Hellanbach 201269

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 pm

They were decent enough, but imo there were other NWoBHM bands that were a lot better at the melodic heavy rock sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
They were decent enough, but imo there were other NWoBHM bands that were a lot better at the melodic heavy rock sound.

Oh they certainly weren't setting the world ablaze with their sound or originality, but it's a good listen nonetheless. The Van Halen similarity is uncanny.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:01 pm

The vocalist is very similar to DLR, awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWOBHM - Hellanbach   NWOBHM - Hellanbach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NWOBHM - Hellanbach
Page 1 of 1