Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College football time!

Go down 
+5
bassman
exact33
mc666
tohostudios
The_Jayroh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

College football time! Empty
PostSubject: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:36 am

Being from Alabama it's impossible to escape it, but in truth I'm a big Tennessee Vols fan. I have some high hopes for this year, and maybe TN will FINALLY not let me down. I doubt we will be in the BCS bowls, but you never know. Makes me really wish there was a tournament.

So what's everyone's thoughts about college football. Love it or hate it? Who do you guys root for?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:19 am

I love college football. Favorite teams are Mizzou, Vanderbilt, Connecticut and whoever is playing Notre Dame or Oklahoma.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:54 am

i'm still pulling for UT.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 am

I am a nominal college football fan. Until they get a real playoff system, its not really that much fun to see Fl State beat up on Marys School of Dance.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Love college football! I like it better than the NFL, favorite teams are Mizzou and Boise St.

We need a playoff system, the BCS is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:20 pm

College football is meh to me. Just cannot get into it. Like the King has stated, get a real playoff system in there and maybe things will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 pm

The guy who actually created (or at least contributed to) the algorithm that is used to calculate who is ranked what in the BCS teaches statistics at my college (UAH), and even he agrees there should be a rank system. I'm really not worried too much about there being such a thing however. Tennessee, being an SEC team, plays a chunk of the top ten teams every year.....and loses. Except that one year where TN went undefeated.

We beat Cincinnati pretty bad last week. The Florida game will be awesome!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 am

I still hate UT from the 5 years I spent living in middle TN. Such an obnoxious bunch of fans; and if I never hear "Rocky Top" again, I've still heard it way too many times. Razz

Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 pm

I love NCAA football! MUCH better than the No Fun League. GO BGSU FALCONS!
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 am

tohostudios wrote:
I still hate UT from the 5 years I spent living in middle TN. Such an obnoxious bunch of fans; and if I never hear "Rocky Top" again, I've still heard it way too many times. Razz

I once saw a house painted checkered orange and white. Wow. I live in Alabama, and I never stop hearing, "Roll Tide" or "War Eagle". I finally went to a Tennessee game last year when they played Oregon and TN got dominated. There was a huge storm that came through and postponed the game. After the storm passed me and my family went to the restroom which was horribly crowded. Apparently in the women's restroom some women were guarding the stalls and asking people if they were "Bamers". None of us had a clue what they were talking about, but figured it was supposed to mean an Alabama fan, which we obviously weren't. It really gets taken out of hand by some people. Tennessee has a hard time actually winning games too *sigh*.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:09 pm

I follow mostly FCS teams since the NDSU Bison are in that clssification. Well they played the Minnesota Gophers which I also love but I'm a bigger fan of NDSU. Well they played last night and the Bison are #12 in the FCS poll and they beat Minnesota 37-24 which was awesome.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Mizzou's not looking too good, I'm afraid the rest of the schedule is gonna be BRUTAL.

Oh, well, there's always next year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Tennessee's go to receiver tore his ACL during the TN vs FL game last week and is out for the season. There went all my hopes and dreams Sad
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm not a fan overall, but as a diehard Wisconsinite living elsewhere at the moment, I am of course pleased with the outcome of the Badgers game yesterday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College football time!   College football time! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College football time!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: