Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VH1 Classic concerts

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Wargod
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

VH1 Classic concerts Empty
PostSubject: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Anyone watch these? Some are good some suck. One of the best I've seen so far is Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live in Santa Monica 1978. This is most music from their first 2 albums which you rarely hear, plus the first time they played Refugee. I love their first 2 albums very raw and great.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Anyone watch these? Some are good some suck. One of the best I've seen so far is Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Live in Santa Monica 1978. This is most music from their first 2 albums which you rarely hear, plus the first time they played Refugee. I love their first 2 albums very raw and great.

Wargod51

O yeah - been watching them for years. Great series, great stuff!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:13 pm

They play a KISS gig from Australia 1980 every so often. Cool stuff!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:35 am

I watched the Tom Petty show recently. Great concert!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 am

I've tuned into them on occasion, but never sat through an entire episode. Cool to see the old footage though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 pm

oh yeah, great stuff. I have the Tom Petty show on DVR and waiting to watch it, maybe tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Those early Tom Petty records are so great. I have a bunch of the Classic concerts on the DVR. I really need to make some time to watch them all.

Pack Up The Plantation is one of my favorite live records. So I'm sure I'll love the Santa Monica concert.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:53 am

Are these the old MTV concerts that they are showing? I remember there being a really cool April Wine concert from back then.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:31 am

I would kill for that April Wine show to turn up. Funny to think for a brief time April Wine was all over early MTV. Made me a big fan. Sometimes I wish VH1 Classics would just air old MTV exactly as it first aired.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 am

They were showing Iron Maiden's ROCK IN RIO gig late last night...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:24 am

They have some cool ones, it's a neat concept.

I'd like to see more go bands go back and offically release more videos though, there's some cool boot stuff out there that's really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:57 pm

jstate wrote:
I would kill for that April Wine show to turn up. Funny to think for a brief time April Wine was all over early MTV. Made me a big fan. Sometimes I wish VH1 Classics would just air old MTV exactly as it first aired.

Me too.... "Sign Of The Gypsy Queen" and "Enough Is Enough" received a lot of rotation and got me into them. I don't remember if "Just Between You And Me" was played, though.

That would be Super Cool if VH1 Classics did that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VH1 Classic concerts   VH1 Classic concerts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VH1 Classic concerts
Page 1 of 1