Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Hell starting to freeze over?

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
manny
exact33
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Smindas
A Handful of Wayne
SlaytanicPOWER
Addy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Is Hell starting to freeze over? Empty
PostSubject: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 pm

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/oct/17Duff_McKagan_Reunites_With_Axl_Rose.shtml
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:31 pm

Is Hell starting to freeze over? Hell-sign
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:43 pm

I don't think it will be more than this one time

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:37 am

I was there. It was awesome. He was also on stage for 'Patience' and I think one more song.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 am

Duff seems to be a cool guy... his neutral attitude is probably why Axl is ok with him.

I like his bass tone on AFD. headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 am

Too much money waiting for the "reunion" tour - it will happen one of these days
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Too much money waiting for the "reunion" tour - it will happen one of these days

they will do it but they wont look at one another on stage Razz

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 am

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

they will do it but they wont look at one another on stage Razz

Yep - pretty much!!!! I am sure Slash will put in the contract "Axl must show up on time and the concert will start on time"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:47 am

I am sure this will be first steps for the reunion tour which after all the lawyers, ego massaging, record label shenigans, the reunion tour will should kick off around 2025
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 am

Well, hey, we know Steven Adler's available. He says so on Blabbermouth just about every other day. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:31 am

I don't know, Slash seems to really dislike Axl and he's done ok, not like with GnR but i'm sure the royalties are enough to live on. If they do reunite I bet one outburst or late show from Axl and Slash walks off.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:41 am

manny wrote:
I am sure this will be first steps for the reunion tour which after all the lawyers, ego massaging, record label shenigans, the reunion tour will should kick off around 2025

Yea, this is just the first baby step towards a full-blown reunion. It's gonna happen at some point. If DLR & Van Halen can play nice, I think these guys can too. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but eventually. They all do. No band that was this big can stay mad at each other forever. Even if it's just for a show or special event, like when Roger Waters and David Gilmor put aside their differences and trot out Floyd every 10 years or so.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Yea, this is just the first baby step towards a full-blown reunion. It's gonna happen at some point. If DLR & Van Halen can play nice, I think these guys can too. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but eventually. They all do. No band that was this big can stay mad at each other forever. Even if it's just for a show or special event, like when Roger Waters and David Gilmor put aside their differences and trot out Floyd every 10 years or so.

I agree with two egomaniacs like DLR and Eddie Van Halen can bury the hatchet, then Slash and Axl 'Little Hitler' Rose can
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I agree with two egomaniacs like DLR and Eddie Van Halen can bury the hatchet, then Slash and Axl 'Little Hitler' Rose can

they will have to build a stage the size of two football fields to keep Axl and Slash apart from one another - although a Axl/Slash cage WWE event would draw major $$$$...

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Dave had an ego, but he was funny about it. Axl has a dangerous combination of being an egomaniac AND an @$$h0le...it's like a funny drunk vs. a mean drunk.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dave had an ego, but he was funny about it. Axl has a dangerous combination of being an egomaniac AND an @$$h0le...it's like a funny drunk vs. a mean drunk.

Exactly. Axl's on a totally different level of ego than Dave ever was. Axl is psychotic too, something Dave is not. I don't think we'll ever see Axl & Slash together again. The only one stopping it is Axl. Slash has said plenty of times he's up for it. Everybody is. It all depends on Axl and he'd rather not go back to that line-up. With all the canceled shows and bad PR over the last few years, I can't see how this GNR version stays making money but I guess they do..? I mean, they can't even play the U.S. Ticket sales basically keep them in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:02 pm

I'm sure the Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Stanley Cup before Slash returns to Guns N' Roses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I don't think it will be more than this one time

But the fact its happened is freakin cool

I think if a reunion show tour ever happens I think that Duff would be the glue that binds it and I Agree about Slashing wanting that in the contract too, I wasnt suggesting or expressing hope for a reunion just thought it was very cool, and you know Axl and Izzy are cool with each other so all thats left is Slash and Steve or Matt
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Hell starting to freeze over?   Is Hell starting to freeze over? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Hell starting to freeze over?
Page 1 of 1