Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speed Metal

Go down 
+12
krokus
T-Roy
ultmetal
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Zdan
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Jesusandmetal23
Olafsto
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:10 pm

New old school sounding Thrash bands seems to pop up every day the past years, but what about Speed Metal?
I`m thinking early Helloween, Rage, Iron Angel, maybe Agent Steel, Realm ++++++.
Those still in business seems to have wandered into Euro flowerland or more traditional US power metal.
Are there any up and coming Speed Metal bands you would recommend, or is the 80`s sounding Speed a dead genre?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:15 pm

You would like Ravage.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:46 pm

I've read that DarkThrone actually tried to become an old school speed metal band on their latest album.

Agent Steel are still around, and with Cyriis back, I'm excited for some new stuff.

There aren't any new specific speed metal bands around that I am aware of. But Swedens Enforcer are close....

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Have you tried IMMACULATE?

Speed metal is definitely more rare, I agree ....
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:21 pm

Thanks, haven`t heard any of those. I will check them out.
Keep em coming if you know more bands Speed Metal Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Enforcer was the first to come to mind for me.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Checked out IMMACULATE so far, thay sound very promising and are working on a new album. Should be worth getting.
ENFORCER is next in line, i have read positive things about them in the press..
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Speed metal is a hard style to pinpoint that is probably while there are few modern speed metal bands today. But check out Enforcer and Striker from Canada for some cool speed metallish madness. Striker's debut EP is really something.

Edit: Also Germany's Sacred Steel while not being a pure speed metal band do a ton of speed metal tunes on their discs. Check out "Charge Into Overkill", "Victory Of Black Steel", "Wargods Of Metal", "Tonight The Witches Ride" and "At The Sabbath Of The Possessed".
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Enforcer and Striker are absolutely great. The new Enforcer album is absolutely massive. There's absolutely nothing original about it, but damn, is it good! Haven't heard the Striker full length yet, but the samples I heard were pretty darn good.

When it comes to oldies, Savage Grace is mandatory. Master of Disguise might just be the finest speed metal album ever recorded.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:09 pm

FYI, anyone looking into Enforcer (like I was) will find at least 3 different bands going by that name...

Enforcer, the speed metal band from Sweden
(http://www.myspace.com/enforcerswe)

Enforcer, the traditional/doom band from Chicago
(http://www.unsigned.com/enforcer)

Enforcer, the now-defunct thrash band
(http://www.myspace.com/enforcerthrashes)

All 3 are very different, yet very good.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Ravage, enforcer, striker, exciter and razor (these two being also thrash) Speed Metal 11840

Many other bands deliver excellent speed metal songs , although not being speed themselves.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Local band DREAD would most certainly fit into this category

http://www.myspace.com/impalerofficial

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 4:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Local band DREAD would most certainly fit into this category

http://www.myspace.com/impalerofficial
"ALBUQUERQUE'S THRASH KINGS!??"

WRONG!!!!! Speed Metal 795291
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:33 am

One of the kings of speed metal back in the 80s came from germany, LIVING DEATH. Also VIOLENT FORCE was a great speed metal band. Also the spanish band MURO was a great speed metal band. TELON DE ACERO is a classic. Today you got ENFORCER, but they already talked about this band and others like FLAGELATOR from BRAZIL.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:38 am

Judas priest's painkiller Speed Metal 11840

Better then all...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Good Call on Living Death, Krokus
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Good Call on Living Death, Krokus

Thanks. They were really great and till BACK TO THE WEAPONS they were just a great speed metal band. With PROTECTED FROM REALITY on they started to play thrash metal, but their first ep´s and lps are speed metal all the way.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:47 pm

I know most of the bands from the 80`s. Living Death rules! Hellpike Hellpike Speed Metal 11840 .
Also Savage Grace of course, read somewhere that they are back together and planning a new album btw.
This thread is gonna cost me, because all of the newer bands you guys have suggested sounds great. Need to get Enforcer, Striker, Dread, Ravage and Immaculate...
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Enforcer from the Heavy Metal Killers compliation Enforcer? They sound pretty good, I need to listen to more of their stuff in that case.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:10 pm

snooloui wrote:
Enforcer from the Heavy Metal Killers compliation Enforcer? They sound pretty good, I need to listen to more of their stuff in that case.

Yes, thats the band. I saw them live in the south of spain and they are very young, maybe 19 or 20 or younger but they know how to kick ass.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:10 am

Holy Terror
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:04 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Holy Terror

Had them spinning in my car this morning Speed Metal 11840
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Any of you guys check out DREAD? What did you think?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm

I did, and they sounded "good"....but....look farther up for my post. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Any of you guys check out DREAD? What did you think?

Checked their Myspace, and really like their sound.
Do you know how to get their album? It is not for sale anywhere as far as i can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speed Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speed Metal   Speed Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speed Metal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: