Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews do help sales......

Go down 
+4
bassman
Lurideath
mc666
exact33
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Reviews do help sales...... Empty
PostSubject: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:51 am

well going by the review below it works, remember this album has a total of 4% rating.

Quote :
As a reviewer, I like to give verbal justice to the effort put forth by the musicians I write about. Since bands like Brodequin and Cryptopsy, Death and Suffocation, Lord Azmo and Qafas give their all in creating their music; I try to ensure my efforts reciprocate theirs. With Mutilated Messiah, there is no effort. The band doesn’t try. Instead, this band mocks the music I enjoy, find meaning in, and can actually understand. Therefore I will choose to mock this band while I ensure that the effort the band put into their music is reciprocated in my review. Expect a lot of swears, incoherence, and unnecessarily inflammatory comments, because that is all Mutilated Messiah deserves and all that this band brings to the table in the pathetically titled “Total F**king Slaughter”.

With eleven tracks of agonizing sixteenth note cymbal hits on top of eighth note snare drumming, inaudible bass guitar, a single riff from a single guitar for each single track, and terrible yells that are supposed to be gutturals, this band deserves to have taken the place of Decapitated in the bus wreck, Buddy Holly in the plane crash, or Great White in the inferno caused by their pyrotechnics mishap. Why do all the adversities have to happen to good bands while these mindless people still mill around from club to club defaming and giving stereotype to bands that can actually make music?

Mutilated Messiah has the kind of cohesion expected from a toddler banging wooden spoons on metal pots and pans. By this I mean these useless musicians actually have the mental capacity start a riff and their musically retarded formulaic drum beat at the exact same time, wow they really deserve a cookie. What’s more, the vocalist has the ability to come in at random times, make no sense, and destroy each flaccid structure the terrible sounding guitar and annoying glam drumming create, geez they must really know their death metal. And around all this terrible sound, the band is able to encapsulate some insightful words like “Blow the Goat”, “Eat Sh*t and Die”, and “Howling at the Moon”, Yonkers, I wonder who they ripped off for that last shithouse title. If you don’t get it yet, Mutilated Messiah, who I expect are probably a group of sfincter meatheads who decided to leave their “Enter Sandman” blasting gym for fifteen minutes while they “wrote” this crap, I am being condescending towards your showcased stupidity, and you deserve every word of it for this pathetic excuse for music, let alone this impotent hard rock that you call death metal.

This is what happens when requesting a review blows up in your face. If you’re part of a label, try to find good bands. Try to find bands that actually play the style they say they play, and try to ensure the music fans who buy from you aren’t getting ripped off. But enough about the label, let’s talk more about this atrocity of a band.

The reason for this score of four percent is simple: 0% for the terrible guitar, especially the horrific solo on “Skull Throne”, 0% for the terrible drumming, 0% for the terrible vocals, 0% for the inaudible bass guitar, 0% for the terrible song titles, 0% for the terrible songwriting, 0% for the terrible production, 0% for their designation as (and their contribution to) death metal, 0% for their actual hard rock, and one percent for every following word: f**k you Mutilated Messiah. If you ever see this band live, please try, convict, and execute them for treason to metal.

Reviews do help sales...... 201269

"treason to metal" is a cool second album title.

Happy Christmas and a free MM CD to anyone who wishes to have one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:10 am

Merry Christmas Locky!

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:06 pm

bad reviews on metal-archives don't stop me from buying & enjoying a cd. both of which i did with this one. then again, i enjoy Venom & Hellhammer too.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:05 am

mc666 wrote:
bad reviews on metal-archives don't stop me from buying & enjoying a cd. both of which i did with this one. then again, i enjoy Venom & Hellhammer too.

yeah - I am much more apt to understand opinions from people who like somewhat the same stuff I do. Ill still listen but it makes me pause if someone I know berates a cd...

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Thats a pretty harsh review!

I wouldn't trust any damn review on Metal-Archives. They don't ever get things right anyways. They don't pay attention what-so-ever to what they are reviewing. Probably download and review type deal. Very irritating.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Thats a pretty harsh review!

I wouldn't trust any damn review on Metal-Archives. They don't ever get things right anyways. They don't pay attention what-so-ever to what they are reviewing. Probably download and review type deal. Very irritating.

I agree, if someone on Metal-Archives hates it I usually like whatever it is they are reviewing, be it thrash, death, power, or anything else.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Probably download and review type deal. Very irritating.

Those are the worst, yeah. Unfortunately this is the internet and every schmuck is entitled to an opinion, so the best one can do is laugh it off and move ahead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 pm

We also got one of those infamous "0%"-ers on MA too, from a Romanian reviewer never the less Smile
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 pm

i find metal-archives helpful maybe 50-70% of the time....which isnt bad compared to a blind shot. i just take into account where the reviewer is coming from based on clues dropped in the review and other reviews the user has written (since you can see what genres they review, what ratings theyve given cds youve already perhaps heard, etc). any time a reviewer rates something between 0% and 10% you know its probably a waste of time to read what theyve written. i tend to read the best reviews and worst reviews of a cd, if it has multiple reviews, and interpolate some helpful conglomeration of the supposed positives and negatives.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:09 pm

What really upsets me with MA is a lot of fans would say their reviews got rejected for being "too biased" yet MA never have a problem accenting those 0% "constructive critiques" doh!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:42 am

All reviews positive or negative have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:15 pm

stormspell wrote:
We also got one of those infamous "0%"-ers on MA too, from a Romanian reviewer never the less Smile

Damn it, I'll always play second fiddle to you, I though I had you with the 4%

what by the way got 0% ? and are your sales big in Romania ? can't imagine it, as most of them are begging on Irish streets these days, it's so bad here that they would rather be selling "the Big Issue" magazines than a Slaney Records CDs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:36 am

LICH KING - Toxic Zombie Onslaught was the recipient of the 0%

Romanian thieves and beggars are a well-known plague, as well as their Bulgarian counterparts, I hate to admit. Giving us a bad name all over Europe! I hope you keep them all in Ireland Wink
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Album reviews are like opinions and aholes everyone has one. Best to stick those reviwers that best resemble your likes!

Two guys who I respect and value their opinions on music is Mr. Electric, and White Metal Man. If they like something I usually like it as was.

Remember on the internet Lady Gaga is the most famous Music like not exactly groundbreaking is! For those who were alive in the 80's the same crap was called Madonna! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews do help sales......    Reviews do help sales...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews do help sales......
Page 1 of 1