Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler

Go down 
+5
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Required Fields
akeldama
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:06 am

This time it was Mike Shaw, otherwise known by WWF fans as Bastion Booger. He died of heart failure at 53. Sadly, this wasn't suprising considering his size but still too young to die. His character in WWF was disgusting but I remember it making me laugh especially when he would be eating a buffet while watching matches. R.I.P

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/mike-shaw-known-as-bastion-booger-dead-at-age-53-111677

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm

I remember Bastion Booger. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:19 pm

I remember him better as Norman The Lunatic in WCW. Fun gimmick there both as a heel and a face (when people would bring him teddy bears).

RIP.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I remember him better as Norman The Lunatic in WCW. Fun gimmick there both as a heel and a face (when people would bring him teddy bears).

RIP.

I remember him a little from those days when I would watch WCW on Saturdays in the early 90s but it was his WWF reign I remember most.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 pm

Wow why did I think he died a few years ago.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 am

tohostudios wrote:

RIP.

That was his name on WCW, I was trying to remember that all evening.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 am

he also worked here in Dallas for wccw
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 am

I saw him wrestle back in 1990 as Norman when he took on Rip Rogers. RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 am

I liked when he first came in to WCW as Norman The Lunatic. I thought it had potential. I remember he used to get a lot of magazine coverage when he was in Calgary. So it was a big deal to me to finally see him wrestle. In fact one of my favorite live wrestling experiences was when he took on Kevin Sullivan at the Baltimore Arena. Sullivan threw his teddy bear into the crowd so that he would get counted out chasing the thing into the crowd. The fans ran and got it for him and were pushing him to get back into the ring before the count. Of course since he had to get counted out he did an amazing job stalling with the fans by playing stupid. It was fun stuff.

The Bastion Booger thing was about the time I decided maybe wrestling had left me.

It's sad watching old tapes and counting up the number of guys who've died way before their time.

RIP
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Add another to the list, this time the tallest wrestler of all time The Giant Gonzalez. Remebered for his embarrassing stint with the body suit and the Undertaker, I remember him better from his feud in WCW with Sid Vicious about who the real giant was.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/tallest-wrestler-ever-former-wwe-wcw-star-dies-at-44-112673

R.I.P., 44 is too young of an age to die at.

Last edited by DallasBlack on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Beat ya DB!
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 pm

wow that is too young RIP
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:31 am

Wow he was only 44? Thought he would have been older than that. That sucks

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:41 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Add another to the list, this time the tallest wrestler of all time The Giant Gonzalez. Remebered for his embarrassing stint with the body suit and the Undertaker, I remember him better from his feud in WCW with Sid Vicious about who the real giant was.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/tallest-wrestler-ever-former-wwe-wcw-star-dies-at-44-112673

R.I.P., 44 is too young of an age to die at.

I remember him... He also did a episode of Baywatch. RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler   Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once Again, Another Dead Wrestler
Page 1 of 1