Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)

Go down 
+4
Olafsto
Dave the Boss
manny
krokus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Empty
PostSubject: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 am

What do you guys think about this great album. I always loved it. Songs like the epic THE LAND GOD GAE TO CAINE, IN THE DARKNESS, the comercial VOICE ON THE RADIO or WARCHILD are amazing and i love how DiĀ“Anno sings on this record, nearly better then on the MAIDEN albums, pure heavy metal. Their second album was great too.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:37 am

I have both Paul Di'anno's Battlezone albums and I think they are both great albums but I prefer the debut 'Fighting Back' and I bought on vinyl back in 1986 simply because of Paul Di'anno since I was (still am( a huge Iron Maiden fan at the time.

Loved the album and still think it holds up very well, the epic song 'The Land God Gave to Caine' is an excellent song as is the others you mentioned, I just wish they would reissue this two albums on CD.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:19 am

If I remember correctly the Battlezone albums were reissued as a box set of some sort. Fighting Back is a killer album. Never heard any other Di'Anno solo recordings though.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

I just ordered that 3 CD box set, it has all three Battlezone albums.
Up til now i have only had the two first on vinyl, got it cheap too, at Amazon.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
If I remember correctly the Battlezone albums were reissued as a box set of some sort. Fighting Back is a killer album. Never heard any other Di'Anno solo recordings though.

The box set has been out for quite sometime. I found it at a pretty reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:21 pm

The Amazon link for this 2 cd set lifted their "Editorial Reviews" straight off of Ult's "No Life Til Metal" site, combining 2 reviews into one. Thieving b*stards!! Laughing

http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Back-Battlezone/dp/B003XKB0E4/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_1

Quote :

Editorial Reviews

Product Description

Digitally remastered edition of this album from the band formed by former Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di'Anno. Fighting Back features tons of OTT Speed Metal rockers. Songs like 'Warchild' and the epic 'The Land God Gave To Cain' are some of the finest Heavy Metal songs Di'anno has ever done. As with many other NWOBHM bands, some of the guitar work emulates Thin Lizzy axe attack. The second album also included on this set is more commercial than the band's debut, Despite this, the band just doesn't seem to be able to get away from the club sound and break out with a bigger sound like Maiden's "Piece of Mind" or Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance." Di'Anno's gritty voice sounds as strong as ever.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 am

Battlezone-Fighting Back (1986)
Battlezone-Children Of Madness (1987)
Killers-Murder One (1992)

are the greatest albums of Paul DiAnno (apart from the 2 Maiden albums of course). The rest is pretty much forgettable. And it's a shame that Paul now feels the need to often growl instead of actually singing...
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Great albums. Have (or had?) both first two releases. Never heard the third.

Have any of you heard the Gogamagog release Di'Anno did with Janick Gers, Pete Willis, Neil Murray, and Clive Burr? I have it on vinyl somewhere in my house.

To be honest, I do not think I have listened to any of Di'Anno stuff in like ten years plus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)   BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BATTLEZONE:FIGHTING BACK (1986)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: