Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fighting With Neighbors

Go down 
+8
Olafsto
kmorg
mc666
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
jstate
12 posters
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Fighting With Neighbors Empty
PostSubject: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:33 pm

So today I got into it with one of the neighborhood association busy-bodies over them wanting to install cameras and alarms (complete with 24hr surveillance) in the clubhouse/pool area. My anger had been brewing awhile over this and today I couldn't stay quiet. These people literally feel there are marauding hordes just looking to come in an do bad things to the community area. We live in a gated community in the desert a mile and a half off the road. It would be funny if not for the increased dues that such craziness always brings and the fact it is very uninviting to prospective home-buyers. Also they refuse to have community votes to decide such things. There are literally 72 locks (some gates have three locks), a motion light, and a hired guard company to lock up. And now all this.

I tried to be polite at first, but got the total brush off (they were deciding placement for the cameras)- which then set me off. Also one of the other association guys seemed to think my complains were funny. Now longer ago I could be a hot-head especially at any sign of disrespect. Today I had a relapse. My only regret was the profanity but that only came later. Also since they are older I should've dialed down some of the intensity. Won't change a thing; but felt pretty good I'll admit.

Anyone have stories of fighting with the neighbors?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:49 pm

When I was about 5, I asked my neighbour why her (alcholic) husband drank so much (cut me some slack: I was 5). She got really mad and came to our house demanding an apology from my Mom, who refused on account of the woman's husband's bad reputation around town. I guess I said what was on everyone else's minds. Then again, isn't that what children do?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:07 pm

I feel for you Jstate. Our community isn't gated, but's it's a "set apart" type neighborhood and we wanted a nice place for our family but there are some pompous folks here.

TO BE FAIR, there are some really good folk here, as well.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 pm

We have some busybodies that tried to start a HOA in my neighborhood, but thank goodness it never took off. All of the houses in our neighborhood have HUGE yards, 3 plus acres or more & I'm sorry but what I do on MY property is nobodys buisiness. I have had a few run ins with people in the hood that cant even see house from theirs, but everyone within a half mile of me is cool, though.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:10 am

I wonder how they are feeling about having YOU inside the gates after all this? Do you think you'll get your own camera following you around?
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:59 am

Oh I'm already under their "watch" for the fact that I workout in the early hours (I hop the three locked gate each morning to do so and am friendly with the lock-up guard). But that is just it - too many people here are too nice about it and just roll-over for these few who feel they own the place. I was too nice about it for too long.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:48 am

jstate wrote:
So today I got into it with one of the neighborhood association busy-bodies over them wanting to install cameras and alarms (complete with 24hr surveillance) in the clubhouse/pool area. My anger had been brewing awhile over this and today I couldn't stay quiet. These people literally feel there are marauding hordes just looking to come in an do bad things to the community area. We live in a gated community in the desert a mile and a half off the road. It would be funny if not for the increased dues that such craziness always brings and the fact it is very uninviting to prospective home-buyers. Also they refuse to have community votes to decide such things. There are literally 72 locks (some gates have three locks), a motion light, and a hired guard company to lock up. And now all this.

I tried to be polite at first, but got the total brush off (they were deciding placement for the cameras)- which then set me off. Also one of the other association guys seemed to think my complains were funny. Now longer ago I could be a hot-head especially at any sign of disrespect. Today I had a relapse. My only regret was the profanity but that only came later. Also since they are older I should've dialed down some of the intensity. Won't change a thing; but felt pretty good I'll admit.

jstate,
I refuse to live in a neighborhood where there is a neighborhood association that thinks they can tell me what I can and cannot do with my property. We lived in one of those areas for a while. They kept raising the fees. You had to get permission to paint your house any other color than the original color. You couldn't have a "cloths line" in the backyard that was visible from anywhere in front yard. You were not allowed to convert your garage into a living space. Rule and rule on we could and could not do with our own house.

One day the association's landscaping company came by and weed-wacked all my wife's flowers down in the front yard. We had a corner against the house that we put in some beautiful wild flowers. The space was probably about 2' square. The association decided that we could not plant wild flowers in our front yard and cut them down without our permission. We were pissed. We decided if this was the way things were, we were done paying them. Unfortunately in these sorts of places, not paying is not an option as they put a lean on your home if you don't pay. It's a bully system and it sucks. We moved out into an older neighborhood without the stupid "neighborhood association". Never again will I live in a place like that. It's ridiculous that anyone has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own home and property.

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:50 am

Our home owner's association have already sent us a letter detailing how my nude fairy dancing in the backyard is against some stupid bylaw.

At this point, I feel really empty and lost not having had the opportunity to fairy dance in quite some time.

I hope there will be freedom to fairy dance with my metal brothers at the first annual Metal Up! Convention in 2009 in sunny Las Vegas, Nevada.

Maybe Ultimatum will let me onstage with them to fairy dance along?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
jstate wrote:

jstate,
I refuse to live in a neighborhood where there is a neighborhood association that thinks they can tell me what I can and cannot do with my property. We lived in one of those areas for a while. They kept raising the fees. You had to get permission to paint your house any other color than the original color. You couldn't have a "cloths line" in the backyard that was visible from anywhere in front yard. You were not allowed to convert your garage into a living space. Rule and rule on we could and could not do with our own house.

One day the association's landscaping company came by and weed-wacked all my wife's flowers down in the front yard. We had a corner against the house that we put in some beautiful wild flowers. The space was probably about 2' square. The association decided that we could not plant wild flowers in our front yard and cut them down without our permission. We were pissed. We decided if this was the way things were, we were done paying them. Unfortunately in these sorts of places, not paying is not an option as they put a lean on your home if you don't pay. It's a bully system and it sucks. We moved out into an older neighborhood without the stupid "neighborhood association". Never again will I live in a place like that. It's ridiculous that anyone has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own home and property.
that's taking things to the extreme. our association is not quite as strict and allows for the beautifying of ones property such as painting & flowers. simply, it keeps people from turning their yards into junk yards, & makes them get permission for construction, out door pets, etc. basically looking out for all of the home owners & their property values.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:18 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
When I was about 5, I asked my neighbour why her (alcholic) husband drank so much (cut me some slack: I was 5). She got really mad and came to our house demanding an apology from my Mom, who refused on account of the woman's husband's bad reputation around town. I guess I said what was on everyone else's minds. Then again, isn't that what children do?

Yeah, and drunks too! Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 4:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Our home owner's association have already sent us a letter detailing how my nude fairy dancing in the backyard is against some stupid bylaw.

At this point, I feel really empty and lost not having had the opportunity to fairy dance in quite some time.

I hope there will be freedom to fairy dance with my metal brothers at the first annual Metal Up! Convention in 2009 in sunny Las Vegas, Nevada.

lol!
WOW!
I have to work very hard to get that picture out of my head!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Olafsto wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

lol!
WOW!
I have to work very hard to get that picture out of my head!!!!

suddently my metal up fund 09 is empty so i cant be in attendance.....

Alex

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 pm

My neighbors are all pretty chill with me and my parents, a older couple from texas told me to turn down my music when I was working outside one time though which was legit considering I was playing Celtic Frost at 7:00 in the evening. I think they forgot all about it because the lady makes us her texas recipe chili from time to time.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:51 pm

I honestly can't say that I have ever had problems with my neighbors (other than the cantankerous old curmudgeons who threatened to keep my soccer/base/football that went over the fence, but nothing on a grand scale) and I have lived here since September of 1976. Very Happy

I hope for a peacefull resolution to your situation, jstate.

P.S. Is your name short for Jacksonville State College?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Wow. I didn't realize these sorts of issues existed. If any of you guys feel that you are ready to snap; come and visit me for awhile. We can drink beer on the front porch and wee-wee all over the front yard, and nobody will ever be the wiser. There isn't a soul within a quarter mile.
Seriously though, every situation has it's down side. It really gets scary out there by myself when it's 20 below F or there is a blizzard going on.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Quote :
It really gets scary out there by myself when it's 20 below F or there is a blizzard going on.

I'd like to live "out" but me not being home every 1/3 night, it would bother me and my wife. I'd worry too much. My wife has never been without neighbors and I see the value in having neighbors.

Although we have some snobs, the ones who live close to us are all either neutral or cool except for the ones with dogs who crap in our yard. I have, however, made my yard a place of terror for them. When they so much as see me 200ft away they run off barking. They would come into my yard to crap and even once ran into my BACK YARD through the gate barking at my kids. I now throw stones at them, run at them as fast as I can and try to kick them....whatever. I love dogs, but not jerk dogs who threaten my kids. The big one could easily take a kid down, so I don't play. Like I said, I love dogs but I will kill these ones and having had dogs I understand them enough not to be afraid. Act bigger and meaner than them and they will run.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:07 am

Of course now that I've decided to take up this battle flag - a couple of nice neighbors have had their homes foreclosed in the last few days. Kind of made my complaints and problems seem trivial now. But man, will I not be a happy camper when the inevitable increases in community dues is raised because of "improvements" and "security".

Fortunately the neighborhood dogs are all cool and real quiet. An adjacent neighbor has four big dogs and I don't know that I've ever even heard them bark. Ever.

Scott, your kids are so adorable I'm surprised the dog owners aren't more careful or aware. Good that you can scare them off though.

And Sentinel - the name is actually an old family alias. J for John and the State being the alias part. Interestingly enough I had it monogrammed on a jacket (no idea why) and more than once people brought up Jacksonville State.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks Jsate..yeah, these people are aloof idiots with three young kids of their own. You're not supposed to let dogs run free, but they just let them so I've no problem throwing rocks. I have even dusted off ye 'ol sling-shot.

And I thought it was a play on the word - gestate - for some reason!

insane surprised don\'t know
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Ahh, I see. cool
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Brother, Neighbors SUCK! (sorry Lord) I mean...I love my neighbors as myself!!!!!

That's why I moved out to the country, really, I could not take living in a neighborhood ANYMORE....EVER AGAIN. crazy happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting With Neighbors   Fighting With Neighbors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting With Neighbors
Page 1 of 1