Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?

Go down 
+7
mr.electric39
ultmetal
Lari
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Eyesore
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Empty
PostSubject: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:07 pm

So this Battlezone tune called "Metal Zone" just came on. This is one of those old out-of-print albums I downloaded recently, so this is the first time I've heard the song.

Come on! Blatant rip-off of Queensryche's "London." The whole way the verses are sung are nearly identical. Yeah, there are differences, but the similarities are glaring.

For comparison:

Do you hear it?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Yep - rip off! Parts of the song remind me of the end of En Force and parts of Deliverance.

Anyway to check and see if Chris DeGarmo got songwriting credit? LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:22 pm

I noticed this the other day. Seems like it could be a rip-off.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Yep - rip off! Parts of the song remind me of the end of En Force and parts of Deliverance.

Yup. I thought the same thing, but couldn't place the songs. So we'll call this a mishmash of Queensryche tunes. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Yea, I definatley hear similiarities.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yup. I thought the same thing, but couldn't place the songs. So we'll call this a mishmash of Queensryche tunes. Haha.

I had to pull them up - I couldn't remember if that slow part is was an outro or an intro
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Well, for what it's worth, this is the first time I'm hearing them, but this Battlezone band sounds pretty good. Do all their songs sound like vintage Queensrÿche? Cause Queensrÿche certainly doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:03 pm

No, they're more rock-n-roll than early QUEENSRYCHE.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:20 pm

I think it was David Lee Roth that said, "There's only been 11 riffs ever written, everyone else has just been ripping them off ever since."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I think it was David Lee Roth that said, "There's only been 11 riffs ever written, everyone else has just been ripping them off ever since."
That song has more than just a similar riff.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:

amen brother!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 am

Well, for what its worth, Children of Madness were released barely a year after Rage for Order, and its release was delayed at that. Dont really care either way, as "Metal Tears" is a great song, as is "London" of course. QR sunk even deeper than Metallica ever did. Basically everything they did in their first decade was golden, QR was like the perfect band. What the hell happened?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:44 am

stpatrik wrote:
Well, for what its worth, Children of Madness were released barely a year after Rage for Order, and its release was delayed at that. Dont really care either way, as "Metal Tears" is a great song, as is "London" of course. QR sunk even deeper than Metallica ever did. Basically everything they did in their first decade was golden, QR was like the perfect band. What the hell happened?
They got older, like you and me.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:09 am

Older apparantly means start sucking then. *noted*
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:35 am

It's funny. I have friends who refuse to accept that bands change as the members age. They get pissed off, can't understand how anything like that could possibly happen. Yet when I go to their house, they're playing Enya. They sure as hell didn't listen to Enya in high school or college.

But they understand why they listen to Enya and other types of mellow, totally non-metal music now. They get it. But people in bands doing the same thing and it reflecting back into their own art? Nope. That's a giant fucking mystery! Haha.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
It's funny. I have friends who refuse to accept that bands change as the members age. They get pissed off, can't understand how anything like that could possibly happen. Yet when I go to their house, they're playing Enya. They sure as hell didn't listen to Enya in high school or college.

But they understand why they listen to Enya and other types of mellow, totally non-metal music now. They get it. But people in bands doing the same thing and it reflecting back into their own art? Nope. That's a giant fucking mystery! Haha.

Yeah,this doesnt make sense to me either.People change over time and wanna move in a different direction.It happens with all of us. I know from playing in a band that there comes a time when you just wanna do something different.Its not that you dont like what you were doing before,its just that you wanna try new things.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yeah,this doesnt make sense to me either.People change over time and wanna move in a different direction.It happens with all of us. I know from playing in a band that there comes a time when you just wanna do something different.Its not that you dont like what you were doing before,its just that you wanna try new things.

When that happens the band should call themselves SOMETHING DIFFERENT!
If AC/DC started playing country sign or Journey started playing death metal.... fan backlash is always bad.....

It's like if Cheerios started to taste like spinach and then the makers of Cheerios said .... oh we're sorry just trying out new flavors but still calling 'em Cheerios.... those aint Cheerios that is poop..... sign

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Actually, I dont mind QR being different to before, cause they always changed, as did Priest and the different incarnations of Black Sabbath and KISS. What I DO miss, is the great songwriting. I just dont want them to suck, which unfortunately they do - badly.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:32 pm

stpatrik wrote:
Actually, I dont mind QR being different to before, cause they always changed, as did Priest and the different incarnations of Black Sabbath and KISS. What I DO miss, is the great songwriting. I just dont want them to suck, which unfortunately they do - badly.

Good point. If you wanna change, go ahead, change. Just make it good. Unfortunately few do.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Quote :
If you wanna change, go ahead, change.

For some reason, the way you phrased that reminded me of when Edith was going through "the change of life" on "All in the Family" and after being driven insane by her constant mood swings for the entire episode, Archie finally snaps and screams at her "YA WANNA HAVE A CHANGE'A LIFE? FINE! YOU GOT THIRTY SECONDS! CHANGE!"

...yeah, I know. I'm highly random.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:33 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

When that happens the band should call themselves SOMETHING DIFFERENT!
In a perfect world. However, in this world people like a name they recognize. Remember Distant Thunder, James Rivera's band? Yeah, they couldn't even get shows books under that name, so they had to tour as Helstar. They weren't Helstar, but a separate band, but no one wants that; they want something they recognize.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Brand recognition is valued higher by people than actual music.

I wish that DISTANT THUNDER album had actually sounded more like HELSTAR although I guess it is not too surprising that it really didn't.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:42 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]
stpatrik wrote:
They got older, like you and me. [/quote

Hell, I wish that I was as good as a player at 21 then now........sheeeeesh

PostSubject: Re: Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?   Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Battlezone Rip Off Queensryche?
Page 1 of 1