Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CTE or the black album?

Go down 
+32
MoonChild
bassman
Olafsto
nevermore
Joe
Troublezone
Leatherface
thejokeriv
XYZ
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
allthingsmetal
troublemagnet
akeldama
ryanmetalman
Approval Guy
Wargod
James B.
WhenTheWildWindBlows
JBall_Z
Smindas
Ben Grimm
Lurideath
mc666
chewie
Temple of Blood
Addy
exact33
Jesusandmetal23
Metal Misfit
fingers
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Black album or Countdown to Extinction?
Black album
CTE or the black album? Vote_lcap33%CTE or the black album? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 14 ]
Countdown to Extinction
CTE or the black album? Vote_lcap67%CTE or the black album? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

CTE or the black album? Empty
PostSubject: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:33 am

Please note this is absolutely not one of these annoying Megadeth vs Metallica threads. I am just asking about the two albums, I vote for Countdown to Extinction well in a small margin I think it's better since it is better produced well maybe not from a pop music perspective point of view but certainly from metal perspective and the songs are alot rougher around the edges than the songs on the black album. What impressed me the most was dave Mustaine and co had the ability of topping the charts and sticking to their guns
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:27 am

The Black Album holds some great songs, but also some filler. I think Countdown is more consistent.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:38 am

Countdown for sure.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:59 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Countdown for sure.

x2!

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:05 am

Countdown for me too

for a few reasons one being I love Megadeth much more than I do Metallica, another is I have both albums and i spin Countdown much more often and another its much easier to listen to than the Black Album, now the black album has some songs I do like but only a few
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:55 am

Can't choose.

They both have songs I think are really good and ones I think totally stink.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 pm

I have always told people that asked, If that didn't say Metallica on it, I would have liked it. I'm a little less militant about it now, though. With that being said, I voted for Countdown.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 pm

the black album is one of the best commercial metal albums ever made.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Neither. Both are equal in the "not good at all" department.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:29 pm

I have both both have good songs but I prefer Megadeth anyday, my Countdown album I listen to very regularly, my Black album has a layer of dust on it so thick you would not know what album it was without dusting it off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Countdown easily but I still like The Black album. Thrash was primed for someone to bo a little more melodic and add some pop to it and Metallica did that.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Don't mind the Black album, but I love Countdown. Easy choice, it just simply has more memorable songs. Best moment on the album has to be Marty's country guitar solo at the end of 'High Speed Dirt'. So out of place and yet so perfect.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:39 pm

CTE has got my vote.
Back to top Go down
WhenTheWildWindBlows
Metal novice
Metal novice
WhenTheWildWindBlows

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:25 pm

I love both albums but i'll go with Metallica on this one.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:43 pm

This old fart and fellow redhead goes with Mega Dave.

although the self titled Metallica album was very important in bringing harder edged music to the forefront of public knowledge.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Megaeth!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Black album by a hair. I know most people say this was their "sell-out" moment but then again Ive heard people say they "sold-out" after Kill Em' All.

On par with the four previous IMO.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:38 pm

That is actually pretty close for me.

In fact, I didn't realize there was a problem with the Black Album till my friend's little sister asked to borrow it. She didn't like Megadeth though. So "Countdown to Extinction" certainly has more "cool" appeal.

While there is some filler, I think the song writing is more interesting on "Countdown..." so, that is where I voted.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Approval Guy wrote:
Black album by a hair. I know most people say this was their "sell-out" moment but then again Ive heard people say they "sold-out" after Kill Em' All.

On par with the four previous IMO.
I remember a few years back, someone coming on to this forum and vehemently arguing that Metallic sold out when they recorded 'Fade To Black'. I think he left shortly after that.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 pm

CTE, not just b/c the Megs are my fave band but b/c it's a great album and TBA is nothing but a polished turd with a couple of exceptions IMO.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:47 pm

The Black album Sucks

Last edited by troublemagnet on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because the black album really sucks)
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I guess I'm the oddball (or one of them) here. I prefer Metallica over Megadeth as a whole, but certainly like 'the black album" over CTE. I like both albums a lot but the s/t album is one I play more more often. I hated that they slowed things down on this album but I can't deny how great a lot of the songs sound very loud. It had the 'lower end' that '...and justice for all' didn't (which if you were around when that came out, you remember that was the big complaint about that album). Plus I have always thought that (even as much as I love Megadeth) Megageth would have better with a better vocalist. But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm going to go with Countdown here. Now if you would have asked me this when they first came out the Black albums wins hands down. I just heard the songs on the Black album way too much. Both killer albums though IMO...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Over the years, I've listened to COUNTDOWN a hell of a lot more than the Black Album. No contest.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:42 pm

wow - Countdown is crusing the black album. I would have thought it would be split more evenly.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CTE or the black album?   CTE or the black album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CTE or the black album?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next