Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First band/musician that made take notice of music

Go down 
+30
krokus
Wargod
Alex Dee Rokket
Shawn Of Fire
Getizzyback
White_Mage
bassman
metallicleora
Leatherface
A Handful of Wayne
Joe
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
nevermore
exact33
thejokeriv
mc666
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
allthingsmetal
stepcousin
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

First band/musician that made take notice of music - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First band/musician that made take notice of music   First band/musician that made take notice of music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:18 am

My music obsession really happened around 9th grade. Don't get me wrong, My dad got me into Mortification when I was like 3 or 4. Fond memories riding around with him blasting Scrolls of the Megilloth on cassette. But up until about when I was in 9th grade, I never really was obsessed with music. I would just occasionally listen to it; usually Mortification, sometimes Soundgarden or Rage Against the Machine(can you believe it?) But one day I heard a song that really changed me, I am a Viking by Yngwie Malmsteen. I asked my dad about him and he happened to have Rising Force on vinyl as well as a best of on cd. My birthday came just a few weeks after and he got me Marching Out on cd. It was from there that I started listening to Yngwie nonstop. I also borrowed my dad's guitar and taught myself like crazy till I could play some Yngwie songs.

From there I just gradually got into Megadeth, Judas Priest, Dio, and eventually just got addicted to all kinds of thrash. My cd collection has been growing ever since, as has my guitar collection. Now in my spare time I'm either listening to music or writing and recording it. headbanger

So yeah, Yngwie Malmsteen was the first musician that really got me into music.
Back to top Go down

First band/musician that made take notice of music
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3