Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 thus far...

Go down 
+45
Lari
James B.
mez
Getizzyback
Muloc7253
Gilbert
troublemagnet
Igor
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
adrian
powermacho
Alaskan Metalhead
Wargod
Stender
Red Kitty
scottmitchell74
Metal Misfit
Starman
snooloui
nevermore
chewie
JBall_Z
Grimmo
kmorg
jstate
krokus
Joe
Ben Grimm
Lurideath
allthingsmetal
ryanmetalman
mc666
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Hamer12
Rex
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Addy
ultmetal
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

2010 thus far... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:20 am

I'm likin' the new Maiden, lovin' Rex Carroll Band's THAT WAS THEN, THIS IS NOW, and I'm looking forward to that new Accept arriving at my house from Amazon sometime this week headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Too many to list but a quick run through.

Avantasia
Dream Evil
The Sacrificed
Sabaton
Maiden'
Overkill
Airbourne

Looking ahead:

Accept
Death Angel
Helloween
Halcyon Way
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

This year has been really good so far. I am looking forward to the new stuff coming out. for me the new Wig Wam is still tops but the new bobnoxious is very good.

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah, I really enjoy that WW. Forgot Blind Guardian which is excellent.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Yeah, I really enjoy that WW. Forgot Blind Guardian which is excellent.

BG is growing on me. I am beginning to appreciate it a lot more than i did after the first spin.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Death Angel

Have you heard the samples of this Nazgul? After hearing them Im not too excited about it.I hear a little core sound creeping in.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:17 pm

The new sword album was good, a little different but I still liked it. I still need to hear the final frontier and im looking forward to the new forbidden. headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Ratt - Infestation
Raven - Walk Through Fire
Pretty Maids - Pandemonium
Y&T - Facemelter
Heart - Red Velvet Car

Good list.

I have yet to hear the new Heart. Is it really that good?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
Ratt - Infestation
Y&T - Facemelter
Heart - Red Velvet Car

Good list.

I think so. It has a good combination of rockers, mid-tempo, and ballads. The more I listen, the more I like. Ann still has the pipes...no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Stender wrote:
The new sword album was good, a little different but I still liked it. I still need to hear the final frontier and im looking forward to the new forbidden. headbanger

Im with ya on the new Forbidden bro.I've been looking forward to it all year.
I can help ya out on that New Maiden.I'll trade ya a sealed copy of it for one off your list.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Whats everyones favorites for the year so far? Some that come to mind for me:

Heathen-Evolution of Chaos
Early Man-Death Potion
The Sword-Warp Riders
The Sacrificed-2012
White Wizzard-Over the Top
Iron Maiden-The Final Frontier

Early Man's Death Potion isn't grabbing my attention as much as I thought/hoped it would. I really loved their first 2 right off the bat, but this one might take some time to sink in.

Maiden's new one is kinda so-so for me. I certainly like it better that A Matter of Life or Death, and it starts off strong, but it drags on a little too long. I start losing interest after about 50 minutes or so.

The new Sword is awesome x10.

Another 2010 purchase that I forgot to mention was Priestess - Prior to the Fire. It's another one that will end up in my Top 10 of the Year. Good stuff.

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Maiden's new one is kinda so-so for me. I certainly like it better that A Matter of Life or Death, and it starts off strong, but it drags on a little too long. I start losing interest after about 50 minutes or so.

Start it on track 6 and listen through till the end, that's the strongest section of the album IMHO...but it comes too late in the running time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm also looking forward to Halford's new CD next month...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:
Ratt - Infestation
Y&T - Facemelter
Heart - Red Velvet Car

Good list.

Well the new Heart is different definitely not like early Heart, it is more focused on acoustic numbers with a few uptempo songs. Ann does still have the pipes and Nancy actually sings abit more on this. They were of Palladia the other night and it was actually pretty good mixed in 3 new songs with old classics and Alison Krause even sang one song. In all I'd rate it about a 7/10.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:38 pm

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Start it on track 6 and listen through till the end, that's the strongest section of the album IMHO...but it comes too late in the running time.

Yeah, I usually listen to it in two sections as well. But, I do like the first half.

Here is my list so far:

Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos
Dew Scented - Invocation
Exodus - Exhibit B
Sigh - Scenes From Hell
Overkill - Ironbound
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
Brain Drill - Quantum Catastrophe

Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Lots of great music listed here! I have quite a few that have been mentioned but I have to tell you, the CD I keep spinning week in and week out is the latest Heathen. That is one slamming, heavy disc!! Nothing gets stale or old about this disc!!!

Nods to Ratt, Scorps, Overkill, and Exodus as being excellent and big time envy for those of you who have Masterplan, Accept, and others but I am the happiest about the Heathen CD!!

Keeps my neck aching on a weekly basis! 2010 thus far... - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 am

I really like Crazy Lixx "New Religion". It will definitely be at the top of my list for best of 2010.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:16 am

NEW MASTERPLAN
GAMMA RAY
BLIND GUARDIAN
RAGE
PRIMAL FEAR 16.6
ACCEPT
IRON MAIDEN
SCORPIONS
RATT
ARMORED SAINT
JON OLIVAS PAIN
OVERKILL
OZZY
SINBREED
THE MOSHKETERS Wink

NEED TO GET
HEATHEN
NEVERMORE
MAYBE "LOUDNESS"
AND "HEART"

GRAVE DIGGER(WILL BE A GREAT ALBUM ANYWAYS)

Also I never bought so many new releases of the same year before.And I don't think history will repeat ITSELF. This year has been filled with great albums, in which I wasn't aware of; since my computer had a virus and was recently fixed
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:10 am

Honestly I can't think of any other 2010 releases I've bought besides Ironbound and Exhibit B. I really enjoyed both, although Ironbound is all around better.

Some I'll definitely be buying that I'll be sure to enjoy are the new Forbidden, the new Yngwie, Exciter - Death Machine, and eventually that Heathen album.

Is the new Testament coming out this year? They seemed to suggest that to me, but I haven't seen any release dates. All I know is that they told me it would be really heavy headbanger
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:21 pm

I would also like to add Sons of Liberty - Brush-fires of the Mind. IMO, this is better than the last couple of Iced Earth releases.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:51 pm

So far this year:

Iron Maiden - TFF
The Sword - Warp Riders
Ratt - Infestation
Accept - Blood Of The Nations
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 pm

The year is not over, and I'm going to loose more money:

I need to get the new Grave Diggger album and there are other releases I also need to get:

Allen/Lande
Firewind
Kiske/Summerville

I have money burning a hole in my pocket that isn't even in my possesion yet.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:12 pm

The new Helloween and Halford discs are still on my "must buy before the year ends" list.

Truthfully though, it's gonna be tough to beat the new Accept for my Best of the Year award. Even after dozens and dozens of plays, that album still friggin RIPS.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The new Helloween and Halford discs are still on my "must buy before the year ends" list.

Truthfully though, it's gonna be tough to beat the new Accept for my Best of the Year award. Even after dozens and dozens of plays, that album still friggin RIPS.

right now for me the new Accept and the Wig Wam cd are vying for first place.

I pre-ordered the new Helloween from the End and got 15% off!

Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Its gonna be hard to beat out either Heathen or Early Man for my top spot but the new Forbidden or Negligence may just do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 thus far...   2010 thus far... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 thus far...
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next