Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Crowes

Go down 
+6
White_Mage
manny
tohostudios
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Black Crowes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:38 am

I think the days of the Black Crowes rockin it up are gone, they won't make songs that are conventional rockers anymore. But that's not a bad thing, the new one is great. With some of their best songs they have written in their career.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:20 am

rattpoison wrote:
I think the days of the Black Crowes rockin it up are gone, they won't make songs that are conventional rockers anymore. But that's not a bad thing, the new one is great. With some of their best songs they have written in their career.
No, it's not a bad thing; but it will test even the hardiest of fans at times, I think. Still, I would like to see a nice mix, like they had on Lions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:18 am

I'm an avid Black Crowes fan. I got into them about a year ago (though I had the first album for several months) and within a month or so I had all of their albums. Unlike most bands, they don't really have any "bad" albums; all of their albums fall into that Exile on Main St. era Rolling Stones sound. However, the older albums are a little more straight-up rockin'. The riffs are very Keith Richards sounding. Shake Your Money Maker (1990: the first album) is a definate gold mine. The second album, The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion (1992), is basically the same stylistically, only a bit more mature. Amorica (1994) and Three Snakes and One Charm (1996) are solid, very bluesy albums, which are very cool; really cool Doors-like ambience to them. By Your Side (1999) has much better production and sounds a bit more commercial, but it still retains their core sound. It's actually an awesome albums. Lions (2001) is probably the least thrilling: it has a lot of the same of what they had done, but there were a few really bluesy, almost neo-psychedilic tunes on it (I think Rich Robinson had more input on that album). Even that is an awesome album, though. They just released their new album Warpaint on Tuesday. I've listened to it a few times and am very impressed with it. It sounds a lot like Amorica era Crowes, but with a little bit of the poetic Lions era stuff, creating a really cool sound. There are great hooks, too; don't take the word poetic to mean Jim Morrison-like banter (though I can't get enough of that myself).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Black Crowes great band I love "Three Snakes and One Charm" album, I have to agree that are, at least on their first album more influenced by the Faces than the Rolling Stones, great band I have not picked "War Paint" yet, but first one up I need to buy is Jimmy Page/Black Crowes " Live at the Greek Theatre, I am afaird if I don't buy this soon, it will be out of print, great thread filled with some great insight.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:27 am

I loved "Shake Your Money Maker" every song on that one rules and I find "Amorica" rather intrestring even though its not a very solid album its got some really good tunes and some good ballads
I found "The Southren Harmony and Musical Companion" the other day in an old box of cds and i was just about put it on but I opened the case and the cd was missing so I've been searching around for it cause it hear its a wicked album and really wanna listen to it

I really haven't listened to the other albums with the exception of the singles but there going on the ol'wanted list
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Been listening to War Paint tonight. It's not bad, but it's incredibly mellow. The guys need to either put down the bong for the next album or get themselves some stronger herb and kick it up a notch in tempo. It's gonna take some repeated spins to get this one. Not an album I'd recommend to 1st time fans.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 am

Black Crowes eat your heart out......

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:21 am

watched black crowes on the for those about to rock dvd. they were pretty cool performance
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 pm

New album info...
THE BLACK CROWES will release their new studio CD, "Before the Frost..." , on September 1, 2009. A second album, titled "…Until The Freeze", will be given away for free exclusively through a unique download code which is included in "Before The Frost…" as a "thank you" to their fans for two decades of continued support.

"Before the Frost..." and its corresponding free album, "…Until The Freeze", were recorded over a series of five nights at Levon Helm Studios in Woodstock, New York. Although both are studio albums, all the new material was performed and recorded in front of an intimate audience of the band's fans, making them a part of THE BLACK CROWES musical history.

The innovative technique of inviting fans into the studio to become part of the process during recording is a rare experience.

"Before the Frost..." features eleven new and previously unreleased BLACK CROWES
songs, including "Good Morning Captain", "I Ain't Hiding", "Been a Long Time (Waiting on Love)", and other original songs that will serve to spotlight the bands ability to make emotional connections through their music. The free album "…Until The Freeze" is a nine-song collection featuring eight new original BLACK CROWES songs plus a cover version of the STEPHEN STILLS classic "So Many Times".

A limited-edition vinyl release of "Before The Frost…Until The Freeze", featuring all 20 tracks, will also be available on September 1, 2009.

Chris Robinson conceived the concept of "Before the Frost...Until The Freeze". "I think we fulfilled a musical commitment to continue on the golden road of artistic independence," he said. "Approaching 20 years into our careers, we still are ambitious enough to push ourselves to create something unique that we have never done before."

Critical acclaim and popular success has seen THE BLACK CROWES sell over 20 million albums worldwide. As they approach their upcoming 20th anniversary of the release of one of rock's most influential records, "Shake Your Money Maker", which produced such hits as "Jealous Again", "She Talks To Angels" and "Hard to Handle", they are time and again hailed as one of rock and roll's best live acts.

THE BLACK CROWES are: Chris Robinson (vocals), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass), Adam MacDougall (keyboards) and Luther Dickinson (guitar).

"Before The Frost…" track listing:

01. Good Morning Captain
02. Been A Long Time (Waiting On Love)
03. Appaloosa
04. A Train Still Makes A Lonely Sound
05. I Ain't Hiding
06. Kept My Soul
07. What Is Home
08. Houston Don't Dream About Me
09. Make Glad
10. And The Band Played On
11. Last Place That Love Lives

"…Until The Freeze" track listing:

01. Aimless Peacock
02. Shady Grove
03. Garden Gate
04. Greenhorn
05. Shine Along
06. Roll Old Jeremiah
07. Lady Of Avenue A
08. So Many Times
09. Fork In The River

"Before the Frost…Until The Freeze" was produced by Paul Stacey and will be released through THE BLACK CROWES' label, Silver Arrow Records, and Megaforce Records.

I hope this one's a little more up-beat than their last one, Warpaint. I'm a pretty big fan, but that one's a sleeper. I have a hard time getting through the whole thing.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:36 pm

I agree that Warpaint was kind of a snoozer, I liked it but I feel it's one of their weaker efforts along with By Your Side. I'll be getting the new one ASAP as the Crowes are one of my fave bands.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 am

Wow a double album a year after releasing their latest..........the boys are working on a Brian Jonestown Massacre like productivity.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:24 pm

I picked up Before the Frost... at a used shop over the weekend. I know if you bought it new, you were given a code or something to download the 2nd album ...Until the Freeze for free. I didn't get anything with my used purchase.

Is there someway to LEGALLY get that 2nd album download or am I sh*t outta luck?

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:20 pm

iTunes has the whole album(Frost & Freeze) for $9.99, otherwise, I do not know....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I picked up Before the Frost... at a used shop over the weekend. I know if you bought it new, you were given a code or something to download the 2nd album ...Until the Freeze for free. I didn't get anything with my used purchase.

Is there someway to LEGALLY get that 2nd album download or am I sh*t outta luck?
I can upload it for, if you want. PM me, though, because I hardly ever see this forum, because it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
.........because I hardly ever see this forum, because it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

Agree, the RIP section is the worst thing to happen to this forum........other than Fingers!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:38 am

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
.........because I hardly ever see this forum, because it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

Agree, the RIP section is the worst thing to happen to this forum........other than Fingers!
lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:34 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

The Black Crowes - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Crowes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2