Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums that NEED remastering.

Go down 
+12
Fat Freddy
Grimmo
ryanmetalman
Thrasher73
jksilvi
Jesusandmetal23
MetalGuy71
Dave the Boss
Rex
Orion Crystal Ice
exact33
Troublezone
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I forgot about that super-duper deluxe Among the Living release. Does anyone have that? Any good?

I've seen several used copies of that Among The Living reissue recently, under $10 if memory serves, let me know if you want me to check and see if they stil have one.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 am

I forgot..The Death stuff, like 'Human'. Great album, but could that be any more scooped out? I hate listening to it. Scooped out + straining to hear it = hard of hearing in minutes. Come to think of it, I don't think a simple remaster would do the job. I don't know. That one, 'Individual Thought Patterns', the levels need tweaking. 'Scream Bloody Gore' even sounds better IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:41 am

Troublezone wrote:

I think most of the Terry Date stuff ('89-'90) still holds up well.... Years of Decay, Cowboys from Hell etc... But they could still be enhanced a bit.

I agree, but those were recorded with CDs in mind as the primary medium. I was referring more to albums recorded before CDs.

Not just rock/metal stuff either. Most of the 1987 era jazz reissue discs sound awful, but by the time 1991 rolled around things had improved greatly. Then around 1993 there was another jump in quality.

Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:46 am

What about Metallica's first 4 albums? ... especially AJFA?

I totally agree on the early Testament, Anthrax and Overkill stuff.

I understand that Testament wanted their early releases remastered, but the label hasn't budged, ... hence one of the key reasons why Testament released new versions of some songs on First Strike Still Deadly.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 am

Quote :

What about Metallica's first 4 albums? ... especially AJFA?

The first three albums are remastered. (since 1994?)... it says in the album credits. I agree that AJFA needs to be fixed/remixed, Especially the drums and bass.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 am

Come to think of it... I'd say most of the albums mentioned could use a remix/remaster combo, remastering alone probably isn't enough.

The reissue of "The Pillars of Humanity" by The Crucified is a good example. The vocals are a lot more clear and the kick drum is better too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:08 pm

Zion's THUNDER FROM THE MOUNTAIN - decent pop/hair metal album, but it sounds like it was recorded on a boom box.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 am

Holocausto- Campo De Extermino
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:25 am

Flotsam and Jetsam-When the Storm Comes Down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
HamburgerBoy
Metal novice
Metal novice
HamburgerBoy

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 am

Coroner's first two albums. RIP sounds just really budget all-around, and Punishment for Decadence has probably the most buried vocals I've ever heard on a studio album. Actually, remaster No More Color too just so I can hear the sadly-quiet sitar solo in the outro.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 am

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Coroner's first two albums. RIP sounds just really budget all-around, and Punishment for Decadence has probably the most buried vocals I've ever heard on a studio album. Actually, remaster No More Color too just so I can hear the sadly-quiet sitar solo in the outro.

I agree... I even think Mental Vortex could be enhanced.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
Here's a few i can think of at the moment...

Trouble - Manic Frustration
(barely any bass frequency)

Trouble - s/t
(needs to be reissued period!)

Overkill - Feel the fire
(the sound is too low budget)

80s White Zombie eps and lps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 am

The first three Opeth albums.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 am

They should re-issue the Cancer cds, make 'em available to all the Death heads out there. And the award for "CDS that were long overdue, but recently re-issued": Blind Illusion's "The Sane Asylum"
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:35 am

Warrant's "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich" has the worst sound quality I have ever heard......sounds like they recorded it next to an air conditioner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums that NEED remastering.   Albums that NEED remastering. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums that NEED remastering.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2