Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question for King's X fans

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A question for King's X fans Empty
PostSubject: A question for King's X fans   A question for King's X fans Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 am

Some of you may know that I have a serious hard on for Pat Travers.....while listening to his discography during vacation, I stumbled upon this lost gem called "Can't Escape The Fire" from the excellent "PT=MC2" album. I couldn't believe how much it sounds like King's X.....even his vocals sound a bit like dUg's...

Tell me if you think this sounds like a song that could have been on "Gretchen" or King's X's self titled album.....maybe it doesn't....

http://mp3upload.ca/music/view/26645
Back to top Go down

A question for King's X fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question for King's X fans   A question for King's X fans Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, there are some definite similarities. The mellow section is more King's X sounding than the heavy part. I think the chord progression and the mixture of acoustic/electric guitar parts is the main thing that creates that overall impression. The ending of the song is almost identical to The Burning Down.

Since this album came out a good 17 years after the King's X debut album, I'm assuming Pat had been listening to some King's X during that period.

Back to top Go down

A question for King's X fans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: