Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper Covers Album

Go down 
+12
Ben Grimm
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
exact33
Sutekh
Lurideath
troublemagnet
16 posters
AuthorMessage
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Stryper Covers Album Empty
PostSubject: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 pm

"
Greetings from Stryper.com,
As most of you know, Stryper has been busy in the studio working on the brand new record "The Covering." As described by Michael Sweet, this record is a collection of covers from "bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Kansas and many others, who helped shape our sound and make us who we are today, musically speaking." Want to hear samples of the new Stryper album, The Covering?
All you need to do is become a follower of Michael Sweet on Twitter at www.twitter.com/michaelhsweet. Michael will be revealing a hidden website via twitter where fans can listen to samples of the new Stryper album. Go now to www.twitter.com/michaelhsweet and sign up to follow Michael and get the latest news on the new album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Rather not, should be another way to hear them other than watching over a lame web site just to get to hear it. Lame promo tool!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:28 pm

I agree.....
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm sure the secret website will be linked on a forum sometime soon, and avoid the Twitter promo. Much as I love Stryper, I'm not joining Twitter.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:31 pm

me either. Twitter is not for me..

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:37 pm

what the hell is a "twitter"

sounds like a ghetto-euphemism for a body part.

Lame way to promote

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 pm

The site's name describes the personality and intellect of many of it's users. Stryper Covers Album Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Told you there'd be a link on a forum soon... just didn't expect it to be me Very Happy

http://www.stryper.com/thecovering777/

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:56 am

After hearing the samples I cant wait for the album to be released.The guys really nailed those covers.I especially like how Heaven and Hell and The Trooper turned out.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 am

AWESOME!!!! This will be first day buy!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:20 am

This actually sounds better than I expected. I'm no Stryper fan, but I can listen to this.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks for posting the link. Looking fwd to getting this.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Sounds good to me. Stryper Covers Album 604261

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:53 pm

What's the release date?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:23 am

I enjoyed it. I might have to get this...

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:03 pm

I have a hard time getting excited about cover albums...I will probably pass
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:53 pm

Is it impossible for a band to play 'Heaven and Hell' in the original key?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:38 am

Sounds great. I'll definately buy a copy.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Sounds way better than I'd dare to hope for!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:57 pm

I had really enjoyed their cover of Breaking the Law. I would hope they would return to doing their own songs but a cover album isnt a bad one-time thing...

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm sure they will. I think this is the last album in their contract, too, so it wouldn't surprise me if was a way of fulfilling obligations and having a little fun without writing a whole album of new material. Hoping to hear one or two of these next month when they play in Australia.
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Van Halen - On Fire.....nice Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Sounds really good but couldn't they have picked different songs to do ? Alot of those have been re-done to death. Covers albums aren't really my thing so I won't be getting it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 am

Quote :
I think this is the last album in their contract, too, so it wouldn't surprise me if was a way of fulfilling obligations and having a little fun without writing a whole album of new material.

I mentioned in another thread that I think the recording of cover albums is becoming what live albums used to be. They're the "contractual-fullfillment albums" of the new millenium.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Stryper Covers Album Icon_wink

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 am

Whatever the reason for this album (fun or contractual fulfillment)... i'm happy they did it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper Covers Album   Stryper Covers Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper Covers Album
Page 1 of 1