Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steelheart

Go down 
+14
kmorg
manny
Fat Freddy
exact33
chewie
powermacho
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
Stender
James B.
Metal Misfit
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Steelheart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey, Matijevic's always gonna be cool with me. He's based out of Charlottesville, Virginia now (not too far away from my hometown of Lynchburg) and someone over at his Steelheart Records label sent me that album to review when it came out (I had every intention of buying it though). I wanted that album ever since I heard "LOL" on XM's Boneyard a few years back. I wish there was some word on a new album but his website only talks about The Doors tour.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Metal Misfit that band he is now is not the damn Doors!!!! Steelheart - Page 2 308838
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:20 pm

manny wrote:
Metal Misfit that band he is now is not the damn Doors!!!! Steelheart - Page 2 308838

Door tribute band at best..... The doors died when morrison died
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 pm

chewie wrote:
007 wrote:
I have the debut and like it well enough. Michael Matijevic's vocals are phenomenal. Didn't he provide the singing voice for Mark Wahlberg in Rock Star ?

Yes.... And I think Jeff Scott Soto, unless he just did the other guys voice.

That's correct. Matijevic did the singing for Marky Mark while JSS was the voice behind Steel Dragon's original lead singer.

I thought he had a great voice, I just didn't care much for the album or their music.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:13 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I actually like John Waite better then any of the bands listed, except GnR. You need to put down the crack pipe on that one. Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_lol

His Bad English stuff is pretty decent, although way too many ballads.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm

manny wrote:

Laughing

Chill out! I don't like the Doors no matter what so I couldn't care less what they officially are. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:54 pm

snooloui wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
I actually like John Waite better then any of the bands listed, except GnR. You need to put down the crack pipe on that one. Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_lol

His Bad English stuff is pretty decent, although way too many ballads.

Way, way, way, way, way too many ballads.

Actually the only John Waite I like is his work with The Babys.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:25 am

I think there are some copies of this album on swapacd if anyone wants them...

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 am

I'm shocked. I know this is old news but I was rocking out to Can't Stop Loving You and decided to see what everybody here thinks about Steelheart. Not many fans, I'm afraid.

They were one of my top 5 end-of-an-era pop metal bands growing up, still are. Every song on that debut ranges from good to phenomenal, and Miljenko was insane. Even their albums after the debut don't disappoint.

You want bland and flat? Where's the White Lion thread...

EDIT: I mean, COME ON guys:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelheart   Steelheart - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steelheart
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2