Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics

Go down 
+11
Mac & Cheese
manny
mlotek
Stender
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
ResedaCountryClub
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
15 posters

Wendy O/Plasmatics
Love em
Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_lcap43%Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_rcap
 43% [ 9 ]
Hate em
Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_lcap10%Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
They are kinda cool
Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_lcap38%Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_rcap
 38% [ 8 ]
Dead puppies aren't much fun
Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_lcap9%Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Empty
PostSubject: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Love her/them or no?  Or no opinion?  If you dig 'em, what is your fav from either the Plasmatics or her two solo albums?

Not Suitable for the Uptight

Even Less Suitable

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 am

She had a rockin' body and nice teats, but her voice was nails on a chalk board to me. Her duet with Lemmy on 'Stand By Your Man' caused Fast Eddie to leave Motorhead. True story.

Even still, I voted 'Kinda cool'. She knew how to work a crowd.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:57 am

I remember when USA network used to play movies hosted by Gilbert Gottfried. They would play "Reform School Girls" and she was in it. Not much interest in her or The Plasmatics, just not my style.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:59 am

Cool look, but a terrible band.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:10 pm

ResedaCountryClub wrote:
Cool look, but a terrible band.

Same opinion.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:40 pm

No interest in them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 1:04 pm

The Plasmatics' Coup D'Etat was (and still is) badassery personified. I will never forget the first time I saw the video for "The Damned" on MTV when I was a wee lad. Wendy O. fascinated, and terrified, me in equal measure.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Love em. It sucks that suicide was the best option for Wendy. RIP.

Pretty novel group too considering the timeline of Metal and punk collaborating on any level.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Metal nowadays could use some more doomsday titties and explosions
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:43 pm

Stender wrote:
Love em. It sucks that suicide was the best option for Wendy. RIP.

Pretty novel group too considering the timeline of Metal and punk collaborating on any level.

Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics 25679 Love em . One of the first "extreme" (?) bands I got into. I was already into raw rifferama by The Ramones, but at the same time of the thrash explosion of Metallica/Venom/Slayer/ etc, I was discovering hc/punk, and one band I remembered read about for years in rock mags like Creem was The Plasmatics. Every time I seen an album  of theirs in a record store for an affordable price, would grab it.
When the first W.O.W. lp was released, I played that vinyl everyday for months. Funny now that I learn, Wendy only changed it to a "solo band name" to avoid legal hassles, and documentaries now say, every record she did was Plasmatics, no matter what the cover says.
The last album was ok, never gave it enough of a chance.

The first Playboy I bought was because  she was inside it. One photo was her parachuting naked out of a plane I think.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

I was like 12 or 13 when I caught the Plastmatics on late night show, I think it might have been 'Night Flight' and frankly I did not know what to make of it.

On one hand her smoking body turned my young soul on but that voice was, I never heard a woman sing like that in my life up to that point. Than she blow up a car and smashed a tv with a sledgehammer and I thought what the f**k. I reacted more to the spectacle than the actual music.

A year later I bought Coup D'Etat and I was surprised I liked it.

She was very cool and was very saddened when they announced her death as a suicide.

Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 pm

I liked Wendy O's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Barely familiar with any of them.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Always familiar with the various shades of Wendy.
I was saddened that she took her life. Crazy life.
That live concert in London is fantastic.
"Bump and Grind" - had Ace on guitar -
Gene played bass on one sone. Stanley on another.
Eric Carr played drums on a song.
Yes, even Vinnie Vincent too, played a song.
I always liked punk and punk rock...and that rebellion sound.
Wendy was queen of it, hands down.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 8:14 pm

I remember talking about the Plasmatics with another oldschool metalhead back in the late 1980s/early 90s and he said "they're not punk, they are just shitty metal". Laughing
But nothing he said would stop me from liking them. Just like when high school friends made fun of me for liking The Ramones and not being a clone like them and only into popular metal like Triumph.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Suddenly Danzig doesn't seem so bad...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 3:09 pm

You're ALL correct! Except for Candlemass - Danzig is still a wussy B.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 3:35 am

Just reviving an old thread for a band that is super important to me in many ways. Been 3 years. Has your opinion changed? Or did you miss this first time around?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 1:18 pm

Funny you should mention the Plasmatics - I just got my hands on a CD copy of Coup d'Etat a couple of weeks ago, and waxed rapturous about it on my blog...

https://spinditty.com/genres/Plasmatics-Coup-DEtat

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Never owned an album by them... but they were interesting.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 2:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Funny you should mention the Plasmatics - I just got my hands on a CD copy of Coup d'Etat a couple of weeks ago, and waxed rapturous about it on my blog...

https://spinditty.com/genres/Plasmatics-Coup-DEtat

Unique perspective from a, don't know how else to say this, a person that did not grow up with Wendy or the Plasmatics music. Totally cool ya gave them a shot.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 9:04 am

Still thinking about buying this one....
What wild introductions to songs ha !
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 am

Glower wrote:

Still thinking about buying this one....
What wild introductions to songs ha !

That, what you started there, may or may not be the best concept album of all time. Best Punk/Metal concept album? Most DOLPHINATELY.

Listen to the whole album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics   Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wendy O Williams/Plasmatics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: