Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LAAZ Rockit

Go down 
+13
Zdan
krokus
Stender
nevermore
Gilbert
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
Troublezone
Wargod
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:47 am

Well I never really gave this band much time until now. Wow what a fantastic bay area thrash band. I've had "Taste Of Rebellion" & "Live Untold" for awhile and finally am now watching the DVD what a killer band that nver made it big.

Totally underated IMO they should have been much bigger. I am now getting their whole catalog!

Great stuff!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:18 am

I knew about them for years but it wasn't until their last album that i finally bought a CD. I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 am

Solid band. Annihilation Principle is a really good record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:18 am

Good band, dumb name. Laughing Of course, the name change to "Gack" in the mid 90s didn't do'em any favors either....

I only have CITY'S GONNA BURN and ANNIHILATION PRINCIPLE from this band but they're both damn good. The title track to CITY'S GONNA BURN has one of those riffs that just makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up... LAAZ Rockit 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:16 am

Very good band.Citys Gonna Burn was more in the traditional metal vein than Know your Enemy or Annihilation Principle which moved them into Thrash status.I even though Left for Dead was a good return for them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:18 am

"Know Your Enemy" and "Annihilation Principle" are absolute classics.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:21 am

First time I heard this band on a metal radio show years and years ago, the DJ pronounced the band name "LEZ Rockit." My brother and I were like, "are they an all-girl band?" LAAZ Rockit Icon_scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:22 am

I only have Know Your Enemy and a cdr copy of Annihilation Principal. Like 'em both very much. Should've been bigger, but maybe the dumb name held 'em back. Laaz Rockit sounds more glammy than thrash.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:13 am

Good band! LAAZ Rockit 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:51 am

Great thrash band and I strongly believe the dumb name held them back. The covers should have been a give away though that this wasn't glam. Left For Dead has modern production but is one heavy platter of metal.
Back to top Go down

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:08 pm

I love their name. One of my fav all-time bands.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Annihilation principle has been spinning in my car for over a week. Longest time i usually listen to an album. Tells you how great it is. LAAZ Rockit 11840
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I agree!! City's Gonna Burn is a great album too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 pm

I think the singer's voice held them back as far as commercial radio airplay...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:06 pm

I love know your enemy.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:39 am

Like HEXX, they started like a pure US METAL band and little by little they got more into power metal and later thrash metal. My fave albums by them are the first 2.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:16 am

I still have a lot of the 1st and jap presses of the last three Laaz Rockit CD's for sale. Love the band totally - especially "Know Your Enemy".
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:11 am

Not a weak release by theses guys,including the Gack one. Know Your Enemy,Annihilation Principle and Nothing'$ $acred are all must haves in my book.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 am

Isn't their name derived from a piece of US military ordinance ? Some kind of anti-tank weapon...

anyways....they were great onstage back in the days

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm

Never heard their music and only one the name, what album would you guys recommend from this band?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:22 pm

manny wrote:
Never heard their music and only one the name, what album would you guys recommend from this band?

anhilation principle and know your enemy are the best in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Stender wrote:
manny wrote:

annihilation principle and know your enemy are the best in my opinion.

What he said. LAAZ Rockit 604261

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Ditto. And the newest one, Left For Dead is a great listen.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 pm

James B. wrote:
Isn't their name derived from a piece of US military ordinance ? Some kind of anti-tank weapon...

anyways....they were great onstage back in the days

Their name is taken from a scene from The Enforcer, the third movie in the Dirty Harry series. There is a scene with a so called "LAWS Rocket". The band changed the spelling of both words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Thanks to that Speed Metal post, I've picked up those two and am checking into a lot of other stuff on that list that I just ignored or thought had dumb band names. These two rock so far.

That Powermad album listed totally kicks ass, though!!!!! Don't know How I missed them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LAAZ Rockit Empty
PostSubject: Re: LAAZ Rockit   LAAZ Rockit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LAAZ Rockit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next