Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1983-D

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
kmorg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:18 pm

I recently taked to a fellow movie buff about this, and the Amityville thread got me thinking about it again.... 1983 was the year of 3-D craze! I remember Jaws 3D & Amityville 3D, but there has to be more of them from that year. Can anyone remember more 3D titles from 1983?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Friday The 13th Part 3 D, but I am not sure what year this movie was released
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Yea, I remember the brief 3-D boom of the early 80s. I'm not 100 percent sure that all of these came out in '83, but at the very least they were released around that time:

"Jaws 3-D"
"SpaceHunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone"
"Treasure of the Four Crowns" (a godawful silly "Raiders of the Lost Ark" ripoff)
"Parasite" (Demi Moore's acting debut!)
"Comin' At Ya!" (saw this one on cable about a dozen times as a kid...)
"Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:42 pm

FF, I forgot that awful 'Jaws 3D' that has to be one of the worst movies ever made!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:46 pm

manny wrote:
FF, I forgot that awful 'Jaws 3D' that has to be one of the worst movies ever made!

Oh yeah, it's bad, but nowhere near as bad as the fourth (and thankfully final) "Jaws" movie, "Jaws: The Revenge."

A couple of years ago I watched both of those "Jaws" flicks back to back on the Encore Action channel, by the end I felt as if I'd been physically beaten about the face and head by the filmmakers. Too much badness for one night!!! Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:06 pm

"Jaws: The Revenge."

Question: If a shark is out for revenge and following you and your family, do you:

A. move to the Bahamas, an island surrounded by water, his natual habitat?
or
B. move to the middle of Iowa and hope he can't find you amidst all the corn fields

If you've answered A, you deserve to be eaten.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:10 am

As a kid I thought MetalStorm: The Destruction Of Jared Syn was the coolest movie title ever. So yeah, I saw it about three times in the theater. And each time it was me and whoever I dragged to it as the only people there.

I also at the time liked Jaws 3-D. My favorite 3-D effect was Dennis Quade shooting the crossbow.

I refuse to watch any of these today since I don't want my precious childhood movie memories ruined.

Also at this time WGN out of Chicago did a big deal showing Creature From The Black Lagoon in 3-D. You had to go to 7-11 to get the glasses. All I remember was at our viewing party everyone got bored with it and quit watching. I was the only one who liked it.
Back to top Go down

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:17 am

Anyone remember when there was a 3-D movie shown on US television? I remember a sort of craze about it. You had to get 3D glasses at McDonald's or something.....I think the movie had something to do with an ape. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? I don't think it was the Creature From The Black Lagoon like jstate mentioned....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:22 am

Dunno what movie you're thinking of, Spec, but I remember the 3-D airing of the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" flick too. Here in the NY area it aired on Channel 11. Even though there were no 7-11's near me so I had no way to get the 3-D glasses, I remember watching the movie anyway. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:22 am

Spec wrote:
Anyone remember when there was a 3-D movie shown on US television? I remember a sort of craze about it. You had to get 3D glasses at McDonald's or something.....I think the movie had something to do with an ape. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? I don't think it was the Creature From The Black Lagoon like jstate mentioned....

Yep - I remember creature from the back lagoon, free glasses at 7-11 in the DC area, channel 20 I think back in the 80's. I guess a lot of local non-network stations did that at the time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:23 am

Now that I think about it, I have NEVER actually seen a 3-D movie in 3-D. I saw all those cheesy early '80s ones on cable TV when I was a kid, but never saw any of them in a theater.

Back to top Go down

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:24 am

Hmmm....Maybe it was the Creature. I was 9 or 10 then so I was more interested in the discovery of my penis at that time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:38 am

Spec wrote:
Hmmm....Maybe it was the Creature. I was 9 or 10 then so I was more interested in the discovery of my penis at that time.

Spec there was a 3D movie shown on one of the local stations back in the 80's about an Ape, it was some 50's or 60's B movie and it must have sucked because I cannot remember the title or even what the hell the movie was about expect it involved an ape
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:45 am

jstate wrote:

I refuse to watch any of these today since I don't want my precious childhood movie memories ruined.

Well, then don't watch this trailer:

1983-D 201269 It's "An epic non-stop action adventure movie that will challenge your senses!"

I haven't seen this since I was a teen but I vaguely remember thinking it was pretty bad-ass. Hey, it's got Tom ("Halloween III") Atkins and Richard ("Night Court") Moll in it, how can you go wrong with a powerhouse acting combo like that? 1983-D Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:53 pm

jstate wrote:
As a kid I thought MetalStorm: The Destruction Of Jared Syn was the coolest movie title ever. So yeah, I saw it about three times in the theater. And each time it was me and whoever I dragged to it as the only people there.

I also at the time liked Jaws 3-D. My favorite 3-D effect was Dennis Quade shooting the crossbow.

Also at this time WGN out of Chicago did a big deal showing Creature From The Black Lagoon in 3-D. You had to go to 7-11 to get the glasses. All I remember was at our viewing party everyone got bored with it and quit watching. I was the only one who liked it.

I remember that, too. Good Grief.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:49 pm

I've seen most of these movies. The only one I actually saw in a theater in 3-D was Friday the 13th Part 3. Very awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:54 am

FF, that trailer makes me NEED to see that again.

I'm going to have to do a double feature with that and Yor: The Hunter From The Future (sadly not a 3-D movie)

Back to top Go down

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Treasure Of The Four Crowns was a terrible movie, but actually had some pretty impressive 3-D effects...of course once you see the movie in 2-D all the wires become visible and all your left with is the laughable script, atrocious acting and $1.75 set design....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1983-D Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1983-D   1983-D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1983-D
Page 1 of 1