Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?

Go down 
+10
martinsane
MetalGuy71
chewie
MoonChild
the sentinel
James B.
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
14 posters

Lesson Well Learned
What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Vote_lcap17%What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
False Alarm
What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Vote_lcap67%What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
On the Way
What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Vote_lcap16%What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Empty
PostSubject: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 2:24 pm

I'm going to see Armored Saint in Mesa, AZ in November and purchased VIP with Meet & Greet. Pretty psyched about it, so I wanted to get the ball rolling on threads exploring the Armored Saint discography.

Their self-titled EP was released on Metal Blade Records in 1983. "Lesson Well Learned" had already been issued the year before on the compilation Metal Massacre II. "False Alarm" is easily my favorite track on this EP. It would be re-recorded for their debut full-length album. I think I like the EP version better. Can't put my finger on the difference when playing them back-to-back. Maybe because I heard the EP version first or maybe the EP version is rougher?

I see there is a 1982 demo listed on Encyclopaedia Metallum with more tracks. Didn't look like an official release, so I'm starting the polls with this 1983 EP.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 2:57 pm

Although I've never owned the EP, I've heard every song from it thanks to them putting it on the Nod To The Old School compilation. All three songs are really good but I think I'll go with On The Way.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm

One of my favorite EPs!  I picked "False Alarm" as my favorite, but there are no bad picks.

By the way, the EP and the 1982 demo are the same recordings.  Metal Blade simply left off "No Reason To Live" and "Stricken By Fate" from the demo when they released the EP in 1983.  Metal Blade repressed the EP in 2012 and included all five tracks.  "No Reason To Live" would also show up on 1988's Saints Will Conquer - and it's the original studio version from 1982.  The other four tracks from the demo/EP were included on the 2001 compilation Nod To The Old School.

Last edited by Witchfinder on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 3:07 pm

I just recently picked up Metal Massacre II so I've been hearing "Lesson Well Learned" a lot lately, therefore it gets the nod.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:46 pm

False Alarm

RIP Dave Pritchard

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Lesson Well Learned is a great tune, but I went with False Alarm. But, like WF said, there are no bad choices there.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 12:31 am

False Alarm
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:04 am

All three are great but went with Lesson Well Learned.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 11:03 am

All 3 are solid tracks, however, I went with 'Lesson Well Learned'. As soon as I read the title, the song immediately popped into my head.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Yes all three a perfect LP which I have owned since its release.

If I pick right now False Alarm.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 4:21 pm

My favorite is False Alarm
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 4:19 am

False alarm.

Haven't played any armored saint cds in quite a while.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
False alarm.

Haven't played any armored saint cds in quite a while.

Yeah this thread prompted me to jam on Raising Fear the other day and it made me wonder why I hadn't listened to them in so long. My favorite album of theirs was always a tie between Delirious Nomad and Symbol of Salvation.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 9:23 am

False Alarm

PostSubject: Re: What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP?   What's the Best Song off Armored Saint's 1983 EP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1