Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best & Worst of QUEEN

Go down 
+30
JaguarBlaze
exact33
EmoElmo
dark avenger
Grimmo
jksilvi
INVADERS
jerseyultifan+
Gilbert
fingers
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
rattpoison
chewie
ryanmetalman
Sutekh
T-Roy
spiritoradio
Addy
snooloui
mc666
Schbopo
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
James B.
XYZ
tohostudios
manny
ultmetal
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
JaguarBlaze wrote:
Quote :
"Prophet Song" off of Night at the Opera is one of my all-time favorites

Definitely my favorite track on A Night at the Opera.

I'm going to commit mainstream music blasphemy and say that I like it better than the overplayed (though not necessarily overrated) Bohemian Rhapsody. Because, after all, that's the only track Queen ever recorded... Rolling Eyes

The Prophet Song is a more impressive arrangement really and a better song. That was the nice thing about becoming a Queen fan in the 70's, MANY of their songs were played on the radio, Bohemian Rhapsody was just one of them.

It wasn't until the Wayne's World thing happened that it became "the" socially accepted Queen song.

I know, I know. Corporate radio just makes me want to puke. Back in the day, when everyone had an independent radio station around, you could hear a huge variety of tunes from an artist. Now, it's only one or two classic hits. My sons and I joke about it all the time: KISS only ever released Detroit Rock City and Rock and Roll All Night; Pink Floyd, only Comfortably Numb and Money; Zep, only Stairway and the Immigrant Song, etc. Frustrating to those of us who know better, and the reason I usually only listen to CDs or my iPod in the car. End old fart rant! Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 387733
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 am

I don't know about the album, but my all-time fav song is Mustapha

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:53 am

i love all early 80s era album, which are "bad" dunno why.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:44 am

Best Album: Queen S/T

Worst Album: Hot Space, ... or if you count Flash Gordon ...

Best Song: Sheer Heart Attack (on News of the World)

Worst Song: Body Language
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:01 am

I wanted to post this somehwere but there were no new Queen threads:

Scott wrote this in his review of "Hot Space":

" All in all, side one of the record was synth-driven, camp, ga-hey, disco, crap. Seriously, there is no redeeming value whatsoever to side one. "

I've been on a Queen trip lately and decided to give Hot Space another chance. I started to play side one of my vinyl LP and couldn't make it through the third song. So I went to Scott's Nolifetilmetal site and saw this and laughed my head off.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 7:38 am

After the first few songs I thought Hot Space actually turns out to be a pretty good record. But yeah those first few are tough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst of QUEEN
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4