Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best & Worst of QUEEN

Go down 
+30
JaguarBlaze
exact33
EmoElmo
dark avenger
Grimmo
jksilvi
INVADERS
jerseyultifan+
Gilbert
fingers
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
rattpoison
chewie
ryanmetalman
Sutekh
T-Roy
spiritoradio
Addy
snooloui
mc666
Schbopo
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
James B.
XYZ
tohostudios
manny
ultmetal
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
BTW,

Just to throw some gasoline on this thread, I'd say the worst Queen album is still better than anything King's X has ever put out (including "Gretchen"). Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_razz
fixed

Eh, Hot Space is really pretty low on my Queen pantheon. But there are some days I'd agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW,

Just to throw some gasoline on this thread, I'd say the worst Queen album is still better than anything King's X has ever put out Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_razz

On that I agree a bazillion percent
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:22 pm

manny wrote:
That is a diffcult question, but at the moment:

The Best: Queen II- Had all the elements that would use in the future, heavy guitars, pop melodies and vocals and more vocals etc, and one of the heaviest Queen albums to boot

The Worst: Queen-Hot Space- A few good songs but the band was writing pop, disco and even wanna be funk numbers and even the inclusion of 'Under Pressure' does not save this dog

Bingo -right off the bat! I had the greatest hits for a long long time, but have been digging into the catalogue in recent years. Queen II is a monster (though A Night at the Opera comes close). On the whole, the earlier albums are more experimental, but ironically more consistent than their 80s output.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Best albums: Queen, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera.
Worst: Hot Space, The Miracle, Flash.

Honorable Mention: Its a Kind of Magic--but that's only because I like Highlander. (In reality about half of this album sucks.)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:18 pm

I really love JAZZ as well. Great album IMO. Really, they didn't release anything I didn't like from their debut through News of the World.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:22 am

Best - Queen II

Worst - Flash Gordon, Hot Space
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:24 am

Best: Queen S/T, one of the greatest debuts in rock n' roll history and probably the greatest "Heavy Metal" record of all time.

Worst: None...........okay probably Flash Gordon if you could call that a Queen album!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:52 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Best: A Night at the Opera & News of the World

Worst: Kind of unfair because it's a soundtrack, but I want to be different so I will say Flash Gordon. The title track is awesome, but other than that...

My 2 faves as well. As a kid, I grew up to "Opera" and "News" and only about 3 years ago I heard their first two albums for the first time, other than the hits so I wish I could say Queen II is their best but I dont really know it very well.

As for worst, the soundtrack doesnt really count so I'll go with "Hot Space", followed by everything after except for "Innuendo", it's not bad at all, but far from the classic 70's stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Best is a best of two disc set imo. They don't have any albums that don't have a lot of duds.

Ditto. Queen is one of those bands where a "best-of" compilation pretty much has everything I need from them.

Same here.I've got a greatest hits and thats enough for me.

Yup, me too. Even the double-disc 'Greatest Hits' could use some prunning in my opinion. The latter-era stuff doesn't interest me that much aside from a few songs here & there. I've thought about picking up their earlier albums, like maybe the first 3, but I've got way too many other wants for now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:40 pm

hmm... i like all albums. they got all magic that past time. no weak.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:10 am

ultmetal wrote:
What would you say are Queen's absolute best and worst albums?

I was just about to ask that question.

I actually like some of their commercial 80s songs even the songs I want it all, One Vision, It's a kind of Magic, I want to break free and Radio Gaga (I know I am committing heavy metal balsphemy) even though they don't hold a candle to their 70s stuff. Best album probably A night in Opera or Sheer heart Attack

Unforunately what puts me off Queen is it has been exploited terribly by talentless boy bands, DJs (Ministry of Sound),(Skanky) Ladette Gaga and other sorts of filth thats a waste of space in the music scene. Great shame indeed Crying or Very sad Worst album most likely that album after its a kind of magic

Last edited by fingers on Thu May 27, 2010 8:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:35 am

tohostudios wrote:
BTW,

Just to throw some gasoline on this thread, I'd say the worst Queen album is still better than anything King's X has ever put out (except for "Gretchen"). Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_razz

Put the bong down
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:16 am

I personally have liked every Queen with the expection of 'Flash Gordon' and 'Hot Space' , I think the band was incredibly talented.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:40 am

I was attending a conference two days ago. The moderator looked exactly like freddie mercury! Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am

i've read on the nltm update CDs a new reviews bout 2 early 80s stuff.
got Q for you, why all of you don't like that albums ?
there's absolutely no worst albums, it's Queen dude.
i might say the same as Aerosmith or KiSS and i won't cos it's Aero/KiSS...
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
i've read on the nltm update CDs a new reviews bout 2 early 80s stuff.
got Q for you, why all of you don't like that albums ?
there's absolutely no worst albums, it's Queen dude.
i might say the same as Aerosmith or KiSS and i won't cos it's Aero/KiSS...

What do you want me to say? Aerosmith never released a disco album. Some accuse Kiss of going disco with Dynasty, but besides I Was Made for Loving You, it's really just a rock and roll album. The first half of Hot Space is full on disco, thus I don't really care for it much.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:24 am

i like queen songs rather then albums..the songs i dislike the most are "flat bottomed girls" and "crazy little thing called love" freddie and the boys should have stuck w/ rock they did it well! scott,steve told me that freddie put out a somewhat christian lyriced album right before his death.made steve question whether or not he actually accepted the lord.know anything about that and what album he refers to?? just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 am

tohostudios wrote:
BTW,

Just to throw some gasoline on this thread, I'd say the worst Queen album is still better than anything King's X has ever put out (except for "Gretchen"). Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_razz

Since King's X sounds absolutely nothing like Queen, I'm under the assumption that you really don't know what you're talking about. At least as far as this topic goes.

I'll let you know when we need some Aqua Net though....

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:49 am

Best: Queen II
Worst: The Works

I don't actually mind Hot Space because it was one of the album's my auntie played constantly when I was growing up and I guess I just got used to it. Smile
Back to top Go down
jksilvi
Metal novice
Metal novice
jksilvi

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 pm

One of the best Bands ever IMO.

Best: Sheer heart attack, A night at the opera, A day at the races, Jazz, Made in heaven and Innuendo.

Worst: hot space.

God save the Queen.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 2:19 pm

detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
BTW,

Since King's X sounds absolutely nothing like Queen, I'm under the assumption that you really don't know what you're talking about. At least as far as this topic goes.

I'll let you know when we need some Aqua Net though....

Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 201269

I know exactly what I'm talking about. I was just trying to get a rise of some people.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Best: Queen s/t ... followed by A Night At The Opera, then News of The World.

Worst: Flash Gordon ... followed by Hot Space.

As a kid, I really enjoyed the song Sheer Heart Attack ... strange how it was on NotW and not the album of the same name. Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:41 pm

Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 775710

Best: Sheer Heart Attack, and Jazz.

Worst: Hot Space, and even that one ain't that bad.
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Best is a best of two disc set imo. They don't have any albums that don't have a lot of duds.

Ditto. Queen is one of those bands where a "best-of" compilation pretty much has everything I need from them.

Yup, me too. Even the double-disc 'Greatest Hits' could use some prunning in my opinion.

I have to say i'm quite surprised with these comments: those Greatest Hits are made in order to appeal to the Mainstream audience, and totally occult the heavier side of Queen's music; i think Queen's songs that could appeal the most to heavy metal fans are hidden gems from the early albums. Actually, a heavy metal fan who wants to discover Queen's music should avoid the Greatest Hits like the plague, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm

dark avenger wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yup, me too. Even the double-disc 'Greatest Hits' could use some prunning in my opinion.

I have to say i'm quite surprised with these comments: those Greatest Hits are made in order to appeal to the Mainstream audience, and totally occult the heavier side of Queen's music; i think Queen's songs that could appeal the most to heavy metal fans are hidden gems from the early albums. Actually, a heavy metal fan who wants to discover Queen's music should avoid the Greatest Hits like the plague, in my opinion.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Queen's heavier side shows most prominently in the "album cuts" that were never big radio hits IMO. I'd say the same thing applies to Styx although to maybe a lesser degree. People who think of Styx as Lady, Show Me The Way, Babe, or Too Much Time On My Hands would be well-served to dig into album tracks that never got a lot of airplay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worst of QUEEN   Best & Worst of QUEEN - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best & Worst of QUEEN
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next