Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Europe or Bon Jovi?

Go down 
+27
SAHB Healer
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
Addy
exact33
Metalgiant
Lionheartâ„¢
iamrockerfun
snooloui
Vexer6
ZetaReticuli
nevermore
T-Roy
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
manny
chewie
tohostudios
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Metallic Blaze
fingers
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Both bands are targeted at a more specific audience: females.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Europe are FAR superior, but I still do kinda like Bon Jovi.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 am

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Which band does everyone prefer Europe or Bon Jovi and ultmetal Id interested to know which of them would you rather listen to. With me I choose Bon Jovi because I dig their album 7800 degree farenheit IMO after that album they SOLD OUT big time. Cant Stand Europe though.
Sold out? How exactly?

By getting Desmond Child to write their songs
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 pm

I hope you're joking. Europe by a long shot. John Norum and Kee Marcello are both better guitarists, Joey Tempest can sing better and their songs rock just a bit more. Plus John Norum did an awesome cover of "Back On the Steets".

If I had to rank the top 5 albums by either band it would be:
1. Out of This World - Kee Marcello's playing is awesome!
2. The Final Countdown
3. Slippery When Wet
4. Prisoners In Paradise
5. New Jersey
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:28 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:

Indeed
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:39 pm

of cors both.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:

So?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:

I'm sure all the single guys didn't mind at the concerts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Europe for me also
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:35 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:

Yeah, and I always tended to target the females too.

Perhaps that's what caused me to like bands like this to begin with. So what? Whoop-tee-fukty-doo.

Maybe that's why all the guys (who like the girls at least), started to like music that the girls liked too.

I admit I have my thrash 'card' and am a thrasher right up there with the best of em. I probably own more thrash and death and black metal than most here do.

But I got to thinking at my young age that I always wanted to be where the girls were. Yep. Always did like the women. So I started listening to some of the music they liked. I enjoyed it! What do ya know? I even bought albums from Poison, Bon Jovi and Skid Row. I'm a fan to this day.

And ... no offense to you ZetaRetaculli, but I've probably had a lot more women then folks like you have as well.

Go listen to your 'only metal all the time' music. I'll take it all ... PLUS the good looking girls.

Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Europe by far. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan and never have though. I like all of Europe albums except for Prisoners In Paradise, as it was a bit too bluesy for me.

Out Of This World is a Melodic Hard Rock/AOR classic and a 10/10. Their first two are extremely well done traditional heavy metal albums as well. Countdown was a little pretentious, but has some good songs. Their last 3 are good modern hard rock albums, although perhaps not as consistent throughout as I'd have liked.
Back to top Go down
Metalgiant
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 7:09 am

EUROPE their new stuff is far better than the BON JOVI Housewife music.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Metalgiant wrote:
EUROPE their new stuff is far better than the BON JOVI Housewife music.

Interesting I might have a look could you upload a recent youtube clip of their stuff
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:52 pm

fingers wrote:
Which band does everyone prefer Europe or Bon Jovi and ultmetal Id interested to know which of them would you rather listen to. With me I choose Bon Jovi because I dig their album 7800 degree farenheit IMO after that album they SOLD OUT big time. Cant Stand Europe though.

I would go with Bon Jovi too. They sold out as you said but their early stuff is good.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Bon Jovi sell out arenas to this day! Of course they sell out!!!

Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Bon Jovi sell out arenas to this day! Of course they sell out!!!

Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_lol

whipper snapper!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:16 pm

Id probobly go with Bon Jovi
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:21 pm

I like both but give the edge to Europe b/c Wings of Tomorrow is one of my all time faves by any band !!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:19 pm

fingers wrote:

WHAT? Laughing

Europe is okay, Bon Jovi is one of my favorite bands of all time (even though their last three albums have been awful).
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
fingers wrote:

WHAT? Laughing

Europe is okay, Bon Jovi is one of my favorite bands of all time (even though their last three albums have been awful).

Bon Jovi is one of my faves too.

I even like their last three.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:23 pm

I got to listen to Bon Jovi live once, I wasnt at the show but I was across the street at a friend's where you could hear the show perfectly clear also got to hear Lynard Skynard live this way too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:24 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

WHAT? Laughing

Bon Jovi is one of my faves too.

I even like their last three.

I think Crush is their last great album. Bounce was really good but it was a noticeable slip. I think what has followed has continued down that slippery when wet slope. The Circle seems to be well-received more or less, even from old school fans, but I disliked it just as much as the previous two. They all sound the same to me.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Out of their new albums, "Have a Nice Day" is actually my fave.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Out of their new albums, "Have a Nice Day" is actually my fave.

I like the song 'Last Man Standing'. Mainly for the start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Europe or Bon Jovi?   Europe or Bon Jovi? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Europe or Bon Jovi?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next