Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi - Lost Highway

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:09 pm

What do you think of the latest Bon Jovi album? I never thought I'd have seen them turn country on us.

However, I really like "Lost Highway". My biggest problem is not the country style (as I like some country stuff), but I just don't seem to come back to this album. It seems to lack hooks.

Overall I'd rate it: 7/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:18 pm

Have only hard the title track (it was on some movie but I'm shagged if I can remember which) and it sounded cool, i'm awaiting it in the post as we speak, hopefully this week.

If you are after country, there's a track they do on the latest LeAnn Rimes CD "Family", song is called "till we ain't strangers anymore" it's excellent, you should check it out (maybe it's on the "Last Highway" CD also ? i've no Idea).

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:34 pm

If you mean country as in modern country, then I probably would not like it. The only modern country album I am interested in for the near future is the Van Zant one. Besides, I haven't listened to Bon Jovi since Keep The Faith.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:55 pm

This is not country!! Sure, it's not the bands best effort. But it still contains the trademark Bon Jovi songwriting skills!

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 3:18 pm

I haven't been impressed with what I've heard, so it's sitting on my lala want list. Seems like a used bin turd for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 3:48 pm

kmorg wrote:
This is not country!! Sure, it's not the bands best effort. But it still contains the trademark Bon Jovi songwriting skills!

It still does have the trademark Bon Jovi sound - but it's mixed with modern country. I'd call it country-rock. I like it - but it is country. Heck, they are being played on the country stations here in New Mexico for pete's sake.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:21 pm

I've heard a couple of songs off of it.

The country/rock mix they did isn't exactly my cup of gruel, but it's not terrible.

"(You Want To) Make A Memory" and the title track are pretty good songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:02 pm

More of a country/rock & pop hybrid. I don't like it.

(You Want To) Make a Memory (CLASSIC Bon Jovi ballad, up there with the best) and We Got It Goin' On (which could've been a really GREAT rocker without Big & Rich) are the only songs I like.

But hey, that's two more songs I like than from Have A Nice Day. IMO, these two are quite easily the worst albums they've released.

Overall, their 2000s output has been 50/50 for me. Crush was awesome, and Bounce was very good, but I haven't enjoyed either of these two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:23 pm

While I like "Have a Nice Day" and "Lost Highway", for some reason they just don't seem to have much staying power for me. I hardly ever want to hear them.

Though when I do put them on - I like them. Weird. Just don't have the hooks they used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi - Lost Highway   Bon Jovi - Lost Highway Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi - Lost Highway
Page 1 of 1