Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.

Go down 
+2
Metallic Blaze
Stender
6 posters
AuthorMessage

BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Empty
PostSubject: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 pm

I don't listen to a whole lot of thrash or hardcore anymore, but this band made me stand up and take notice. Just stripped down brutality with MAJOR attitude. They manage to sound both retro and completely modern at the same time. Well worth exploring.

Most Recent Album (on Southern Lord)

BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. N72046mlv4z

Escape From Death - from Heavy Breathing

Razor To Oblivion - from Razor To Oblivion EP

Other song samples available on their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/blackbreath
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 am

A little too modern for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:36 am

Interesting. I don't really think of this as sounding that modern, maybe I'm just that out of touch. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am

This is some damned good crossover!!!

I'm on board with this! Good call here detuned!!!

This makes me wanna!!!!

BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. 778825 BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. 778825 BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. 778825 BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. 778825
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:02 am

this is good sh*t.

JDC
Metal novice
Metal novice
JDC

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:09 am

saw them open for DRI in Seattle back in November, they were great
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 pm

The two "modern" things I heard was the production and the over use of blast beats. Which is just a glorified country "bumpa chik" on crack style of playing.

I'd go see them play BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. 11840

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:52 pm

On the first one the production has a modern sound to it. But, I like it alot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Listened to those clips again, and I like the second one better I dont know still not really sold though.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Stender wrote:
Listened to those clips again, and I like the second one better I dont know still not really sold though.

The second track is my favorite of the two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
this is good sh*t.

BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. 438278

I'd buy it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.   BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLACK BREATH - fans of old school hardcore/thrash take note.
Page 1 of 1