Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
Eyesore
jstate
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Eyesore, I think these bands have a retro feel about them. Do you differ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:55 pm

This thread rules!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Great suggestions guys!

I'm loving the stuff I've heard that's a little more on the metal side and has a little more getty-up.

Priestess
Grand Magus
Spiritual Beggar

So far those are hitting me hardest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

...don't forget about Orange Goblin. If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Eyesore, I think these bands have a retro feel about them. Do you differ?
I don't.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Solace
Karma To Burn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

By the way, De, has Graveyard put out anything else? I was spinning the debut last night. Love that album.

I just checked their myspace page and the headline is..."Believe it or not, the album is being mixed".

Sounds like good news! Now if Witchcraft would just record a new album! The vocalist (Magnus Pelander) is releasing a solo EP, but no word yet on the next band record.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:26 pm

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

By the way, De, has Graveyard put out anything else? I was spinning the debut last night. Love that album.

I just checked their myspace page and the headline is..."Believe it or not, the album is being mixed".

Sounds like good news! Now if Witchcraft would just record a new album! The vocalist (Magnus Pelander) is releasing a solo EP, but no word yet on the next band record.

He should focus on a new Witchcraft album.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:03 am

Conclusion:

This has been a great thread! What I've picked up:

Spiritual Beggars - On Fire (great overall, with a couple of fillers. Tall Tales is a monster song!! It's in my head constantly)

Robot Lords of Tokyo - Blood, Whiskey & Napalm (Just love their sound, silly lyrics - got this cheap. Worth a listen if you haven't)

Priestess - Hello Master and Prior to the Fire (Just a good rocking hard rock/heavy metal band)

On its way:

High on Fire - Snakes...(?) samples I've heard prove this to be monstrous. Can't wait to get it.

Still need:

Grand Magus - Iron Will (everything I've heard on youtube is fantastic)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:12 pm

NP: The Sword - Gods Of The Earth

If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Great selections! High On Fire is incredible, definitely get Blessed Black Wings and The Art of Self Defense when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Scott, I asked the same question of the person who recommended me The Sword (whose 2 albums I take to the gym at least twice a week) and he said, Baroness. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:15 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Scott, I asked the same question of the person who recommended me The Sword (whose 2 albums I take to the gym at least twice a week) and he said, Baroness. Peace.

I can't agree with that. Baroness has good music, but it's typical "monotone, hollering vocals" with no sense of melody in sight. I can't listen to them for 10 minutes without running from the room.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:14 am

Maybe BARONESS

http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Scott, there's a new cd by The Sword coming out on 8/24 called Warp Riders.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:37 am

Try these guys on for size...Puny Human

http://www.myspace.com/punyhuman

I think they're done, but the 3 albums they put out are good stoner/sludgy fun rock'n roll. You should be able to find their stuff fairly cheap. A band that writes a song about Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High are A-OK in my book.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Check out the Briton Rites debut album. Doesn't sound like The Sword, but if you like your heavy metal doomy but still rocking it should be right up your alley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel   If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I love: The Sword - Gods of the Earth...then I will surel
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2