Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate Your Music

Go down 
+20
DallasBlack
Wurthless
TheGreatDuck
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
EvyMetal
mc666
chewie
Wargod
SlaytanicPOWER
Dave the Boss
tohostudios
snooloui
Addy
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Rate Your Music - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 6:50 pm

I rarely use ebay anymore myself but once in a while I like to see whats on there. I just recently got the original Nocturnal Rites In a time of blood and fire.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 8:22 am

Lari wrote:
Ancient bump, but I finally decided to start cataloging what I own. I searched for, and read this thread and added a bunch of you guys as friends on RYM so I can easier find you there and compare our shit.

I created the account last night and added only 70+ CDs and it took 2 hours! I hope it's going to go a bit faster from now on. The troublesome part is I have to get a pile of CDs in front of the computer and then go through what year and what print it is, and sometimes there's multiple matches with the same ref code. And sometimes none, so I've had to add a couple already.

Either way once it's done it seems like a handy thing to have around be able to access anywhere. And I can't deny it's nice to break out some old discs and look at them, so I'm happy to take this opportunity and paw them around a little bit, even if it takes time.

I've also added a rating to each disc I've added so far.

You can click on my signature picture to view my RYM profile.

EDIT: What's funny is that I also discovered my Van Halen I CD is actually an HD-CD. I honestly did not know that. At first I was confused by the edition the ref number told I have, "HDCD? That can't be right!" But I looked at the disc and sure enough it had that HDCD logo, and so did the back cover of the case. I just never paid attention lol!

Just wanted to let you know I added you.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Are you on my friends too?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:45 am

If you mean me, I don't believe so.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 7:47 am

And I just added you.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:23 pm

hahaha yea my name isn't the same as it is on here. cool!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:14 am

And nice Hulk mask !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:46 am

Quote :
I still have a few oddball things that aren't in their database that I keep meaning to add but I've done it a few times in the past and it's an even BIGGER pain in the ass than setting up your collection

Perfect example: This past week I got a copy of Warrior Soul's Classics disc from Secondspin. It's an American pressing on the Spitfire label. The only version shown on RYM is the European version on the Dream Catcher label (whom I assume Spitfire licensed it from for the U.S.).

I almost clicked the button to add a new listing for the U.S. version but then I thought... to do that ya gotta type in all the info, scan a pic of the cover, then wait for who knows how long for their Mods to approve it and add it to the site, yadda yadda yadda, so I said to myself "Do I really wanna be bothered with all that nonsense? Mmmm, nah." and just added the Dream Catcher version to my collection list. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:06 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
other times I'm lazy and just pick whatever cause the steps you have to follow to add something is a bit much.

I've actually done that quite often because a lot of the CDs I have are South African printings which nobody's bothered to add, so I've just picked another one as I can't be bothered either and there's no fundamental difference.  Although I have come across two compilations which have different track listings from any of the existing versions (one just seems to be in a different order while the other actually has different tracks), so at some point I might get around to adding those.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I still have a few oddball things that aren't in their database that I keep meaning to add but I've done it a few times in the past and it's an even BIGGER pain in the ass than setting up your collection

Perfect example: This past week I got a copy of Warrior Soul's Classics disc from Secondspin. It's an American pressing on the Spitfire label. The only version shown on RYM is the European version on the Dream Catcher label (whom I assume Spitfire licensed it from for the U.S.).

I almost clicked the button to add a new listing for the U.S. version but then I thought... to do that ya gotta type in all the info, scan a pic of the cover, then wait for who knows how long for their Mods to approve it and add it to the site, yadda yadda yadda, so I said to myself "Do I really wanna be bothered with all that nonsense? Mmmm, nah." and just added the Dream Catcher version to my collection list. Laughing very hard

When that happens I just click 'release view' and catalogue it with non-specific release info. You can still list the format as CD.

But I've also added like a dozen releases already. It's not such a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:05 am

Quote :

Maybe they've streamlined the process since the last time I did it... when I joined RYM in 2011 or whenever it was, it was a pain in the ass. Not so much the actual entering of the info, but then waiting for it to be "approved" and added to the site. I gave them a pic of a CD cover a while back and swear to God it took them six months to finally e-mail me and say that it was being "rejected" because the quality wasn't good enough. I was like 'Well excuuuuuuuse me." Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am

I noticed new releases go up automatically. It's the corrections to other entries you make, and especially uploaded images that take forever.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Lari wrote:
I noticed new releases go up automatically. It's the corrections to other entries you make, and especially uploaded images that take forever.

So you like my 1 review, eh? (Fistful of Metal & Armed and Dangerous)

I don't like to do reviews, but that album sounded soooooo bad I had to let people know to stay away from that two-fer and just get the original versions.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 7:58 pm

It just makes you seem like a grumpy old man, to have only one review and it's 0.5/5 stars! lol!

I rarely use ebay anymore myself but once in a while I like to see whats on there. I just recently got the original Nocturnal Rites In a time of blood and fire.

I received the Skyclad CD today and the seller had included some extra stuff for free, unannounced! Like a Rock Hard Festival 2005 Live CD
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Lari wrote:
It just makes you seem like a grumpy old man, to have only one review and it's 0.5/5 stars! lol!

I am a grumpy old man! lol! Now get off my lawn!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:53 pm

007 wrote:
And nice Hulk mask !

hahaha thanks. The wife and I saw them in a store and I thought it would be funny for a picture.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

chewie wrote:
Lari wrote:

I don't like to do reviews, but that album sounded soooooo bad I had to let people know to stay away from that two-fer and just get the original versions.

it sounds band? good thing I got the originals then. I was going to grab this when I saw it cheap.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Lari wrote:

I received the Skyclad CD today and the seller had included some extra stuff for free, unannounced! Like a Rock Hard Festival 2005 Live CD

Wow! Awesome! I like sellers like that. Glad it worked out.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Maybe they've streamlined the process since the last time I did it... when I joined RYM in 2011 or whenever it was, it was a pain in the ass. Not so much the actual entering of the info, but then waiting for it to be "approved" and added to the site. I gave them a pic of a CD cover a while back and swear to God it took them six months to finally e-mail me and say that it was being "rejected" because the quality wasn't good enough. I was like 'Well excuuuuuuuse me."   Haha.

I just added an album last week to the band page I made which finally got approved. Making band pages takes a while cause they want so much info and then people are really nit picky about things too. The album I added tho went quick mat 3 days and I took the pic from the bands website with no problem you just have to show them where it came from.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:18 pm

chewie wrote:
Lari wrote:

it sounds band? good thing I got the originals then. I was going to grab this when I saw it cheap.

Yeah! Like really poorly recorded mp3s. I had bought it and was hella excited. Then I played it and was disappointed. I can't remember if I returned it or sold it back. Stick with the original cds.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:45 pm

good to know

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

I started ranking band discographies on RYM. It's not much yet, but click on my signature, if you're bored.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 9:48 pm

Lari wrote:
I started ranking band discographies on RYM. It's not much yet, but click on my signature, if you're bored.

Interesting that you listed Thunderdome at 9..... It was my introduction to the band and the first album I bought from them. I love it!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 9:59 pm

I made these lists a few months ago:

chewie's silly lists

I'm not sure what you can see, but a couple of them aren't finished(are they ever?).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 pm

chewie wrote:
Lari wrote:

Interesting that you listed Thunderdome at 9..... It was my introduction to the band and the first album I bought from them. I love it!

Well, Pink Cream has been so consistent, it's pretty hard to rank their albums. Some pretty good ones end up towards the bottom.

How would you rank them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate Your Music
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next