Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate Your Music

Go down 
+20
DallasBlack
Wurthless
TheGreatDuck
krokus
A Handful of Wayne
EvyMetal
mc666
chewie
Wargod
SlaytanicPOWER
Dave the Boss
tohostudios
snooloui
Addy
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Rate Your Music - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:44 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/~TheGreatDuck
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 9:37 pm

http://rateyourmusic.com/~Wurthless
Just started mine the other day, Makes me realize that I need more music.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:00 pm

I haven't updated my profile in over a year. Just too much work to keep up (especially during my times of depression this year). Maybe I will update it in the near future.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've thought about getting a RYM account on and off over the last year or two but have been too lazy to actually do so.

Well, I got bored last night so I started fooling around with RYM. So far I've only "added" the handful of CD's I've been carrying around with me in my knapsack to and from work but eventually I guess I'll get my entire collection logged in there in bits & pieces.

http://rateyourmusic.com/~FatFreddysCat

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Havin' fun with R.Y.M. thus far, I'm probably a little less than halfway thru cataloguing my stuff.

Funny thing, when I first started foolin' around with this site a couple of days ago I didn't realize that you could differentiate between different formats, pressings, etc. when you entered albums, so I was just going to an album title and clicking "I own it," "I own it," "I own it," then after a while I realized how exacting you can be and I was like "Crapola! I probably entered a whole buncha sheeeeit incorrectly!"

...so whenever I do get everything logged in there, I'm gonna have to go back over my list carefully to make sure everything I entered is the "correct" format (CD, vinyl, etc.) and/or release/pressing.

I'm curious to see what the final # will be when I get everything logged in. I've been too lazy to count up my collection myself for quite a while so I may as well let this site do it for me.

Great, just what I need...ANOTHER site to contribute to my O.C.D.! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:58 pm

I signed up last week but it would just take too long for me to catalogue all my stuff. If I added DVDs and CDs together I'd be up around 5000.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Havin' fun with R.Y.M. thus far, I'm probably a little less than halfway thru cataloguing my stuff.

Funny thing, when I first started foolin' around with this site a couple of days ago I didn't realize that you could differentiate between different formats, pressings, etc. when you entered albums, so I was just going to an album title and clicking "I own it," "I own it," "I own it," then after a while I realized how exacting you can be and I was like "Crapola! I probably entered a whole buncha sheeeeit incorrectly!"

...so whenever I do get everything logged in there, I'm gonna have to go back over my list carefully to make sure everything I entered is the "correct" format (CD, vinyl, etc.) and/or release/pressing.

I'm curious to see what the final # will be when I get everything logged in. I've been too lazy to count up my collection myself for quite a while so I may as well let this site do it for me.

Great, just what I need...ANOTHER site to contribute to my O.C.D.! Very Happy

Tell me about it, whenever I add something new to my collection, I have go on their and add it to my profile!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:15 am

Ancient bump, but I finally decided to start cataloging what I own. I searched for, and read this thread and added a bunch of you guys as friends on RYM so I can easier find you there and compare our shit.

I created the account last night and added only 70+ CDs and it took 2 hours! I hope it's going to go a bit faster from now on. The troublesome part is I have to get a pile of CDs in front of the computer and then go through what year and what print it is, and sometimes there's multiple matches with the same ref code. And sometimes none, so I've had to add a couple already.

Either way once it's done it seems like a handy thing to have around be able to access anywhere. And I can't deny it's nice to break out some old discs and look at them, so I'm happy to take this opportunity and paw them around a little bit, even if it takes time.

I've also added a rating to each disc I've added so far.

You can click on my signature picture to view my RYM profile.

EDIT: What's funny is that I also discovered my Van Halen I CD is actually an HD-CD. I honestly did not know that. At first I was confused by the edition the ref number told I have, "HDCD? That can't be right!" But I looked at the disc and sure enough it had that HDCD logo, and so did the back cover of the case. I just never paid attention lol!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Weird. It's only showing that we have 1 album in common when it's MUCH more than that. Sometimes RYM is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Maybe it needs to be the same exact edition? Anyway I'll hopefully add a couple hundred more tonight.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Quote :
added a bunch of you guys as friends on RYM

I was wondering who that was when I logged in there today... haha Very Happy

Quote :
I created the account last night and added only 70+ CDs and it took 2 hours!

Yeah, the initial "set up" of your collection is a pain in the ass. When I started my account there a couple of years ago it took me several evenings, for a couple of hours at a time, till I got everything entered.

...I still have a few oddball things that aren't in their database that I keep meaning to add but I've done it a few times in the past and it's an even BIGGER pain in the ass than setting up your collection, so eventually I stopped bothering, haha. Laughing

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm glad i'm all up to date except for the stuff I got yesterday. I sent you an add Lari.
Just keep in mind tho that sometimes for no reason you might have missing albums. Things get deleted for no reason. Hopefully they fixed that by now but I haven't looked.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeah, the initial "set up" of your collection is a pain in the ass. When I started my account there a couple of years ago it took me several evenings, for a couple of hours at a time, till I got everything entered.

That's what kept me from getting on there. I don't have the time to catalog everything again. It took me long enough to just create my own excel spreadsheet.

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I'm glad i'm all up to date except for the stuff I got yesterday. I sent you an add Lari.
Just keep in mind tho that sometimes for no reason you might have missing albums. Things get deleted for no reason. Hopefully they fixed that by now but I haven't looked.

I'm still finding stuff that disappeared who knows when..... scratch

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's what kept me from getting on there. I don't have the time to catalog everything again. It took me long enough to just create my own excel spreadsheet.

I used to keep a list of everything in my collection on a plain ol' Word document but lost that when the PC's hard drive crapped out some time ago, so boy was I glad that I had started using RYM.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I used to keep a list of everything in my collection on a plain ol' Word document but lost that when the PC's hard drive crapped out some time ago, so boy was I glad that I had started using RYM.

I had the opposite problem. Years ago, I used a free website (the name escapes me) to catalog my collection. Then one day, the site went tits-up and I lost everything. Been using a spreadsheet ever since.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Another 2hrs put into it and I'm now up to 170+ entries. Before I started I thought I had maybe a little over 500 CDs (that's what I've told my wife), but considering I'm still on the first tower and I have four of them, I must have been way off (or deliberately lying to myself  Razz ). I think 700-800 is a better estimation. I knew I had over 500 and under 1,000.

If I have over a thousand, then damn. I never thought I'd be one of those people. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 6:38 pm

I use the same excel spreadsheet that I've used since the mid-90s.  There's no chance that I am going to sit around for days/weeks on end entering my collection of 3500+ recordings in various formats into this database.  If I had a smaller collection it would be tempting to use though.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I use the same excel spreadsheet that I've used since the mid-90s.  There's no chance that I am going to sit around for days/weeks on end entering my collection of 3500+ recordings in various formats into this database.  If I had a smaller collection it would be tempting to use though.

I thought the same thing but once I started I couldn't stop. It does get a little tedious when theres so many different versions. Sometimes I'll have to add a version I have because it won't be listed. other times I'm lazy and just pick whatever cause the steps you have to follow to add something is a bit much.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 pm

BTW if any of you guys go on RYM do me a favor and vote for the profile I made for a new band. I went to add the cd only to find out no one made one for them yet so I just did it. So just go to this link and go to the bottom and pick yes to vote. thanks

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/profile_details?id=763039&id=763039

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 pm

BTW if any of you guys go on RYM do me a favor and vote for the profile I made for a new band. I went to add the cd only to find out no one made one for them yet so I just did it. So just go to this link and go to the bottom and pick yes to vote. thanks

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/profile_details?id=763039&id=763039

Can't help, sorry

rateyourmusic.com wrote:
accounts less than 2 weeks old are restricted from participating in the voting process to prevent abuse
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:33 pm

damn. Thats ok I see chewie voted

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Kind of silly its that big of a deal to just add something

Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 9:24 pm

damn. Thats ok I see chewie voted

Yep! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer just guided me to a purchase of Skyclad's Burnt Offering of a Bone Idol. Getting some use out of this service already cheers

I normally don't check ebay. At least not regularly. I'm an Amazon guy when it comes to second hand CDs. But on Amazon it's been going for $50+, some even $100 and even now the cheapeast is more expensive than what I got. And my copy is autographed! Let's just hope it arrives intact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Your Music   Rate Your Music - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate Your Music
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: