Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]

Go down 
+24
EvyMetal
exact33
Thordis
DallasBlack
Sutekh
manny
Required Fields
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
chewie
nevermore
jstate
SideShowDisaSter
Addy
Wargod
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
kmorg
Leatherface
Schbopo
thejokeriv
snooloui
Metallic Blaze
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 pm

October will be here before you know it, which means it'll be time for Fat Freddy's Schlock-tober Craptacular Movie Marathon! Picked up two candidates from the Shop-Rite bargain bin tonite:

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Dvxkvzycdo1kae_l

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Darkarvest3b

Never saw "Dark Harvest" 1 or 2, but what the hell, it was only $3.99. I would imagine there's not much back story in a series dealing with killer scarecrows anyway. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
October will be here before you know it, which means it'll be time for Fat Freddy's Schlock-tober Craptacular Movie Marathon! Picked up two candidates from the Shop-Rite bargain bin tonite:

Never saw "Dark Harvest" 1 or 2, but what the hell, it was only $3.99. I would imagine there's not much back story in a series dealing with killer scarecrows anyway. Laughing
Dark Harvest 2 is one of the worst movies(if you can call it that)that I've ever seen. Just people lost in one of those mazes made out of a cornfield for almost two hours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 4:56 am

The Book of Eli blu-ray
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 am

Leatherface wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Dark Harvest 2 is one of the worst movies(if you can call it that)that I've ever seen. Just people lost in one of those mazes made out of a cornfield for almost two hours.

That remake of Maniacs is OK but doesn't touch the HG Lewis original IMO.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:11 am

Leatherface wrote:

Haha, that bad huh? To be honest I never even heard of the "Dark Harvest" movies before I came across "3" last night. I figured what the hell, I have a weakness for killer-scarecrow movies.

tohostudios wrote:

Never saw the HG Lewis version. Is this one a "remake" or a belated sequel? (I thought the "2001" indicated it was supposed to be a follow up...) Either way, hell, Robert Englund as a cannibal redneck, I'm sold. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Haha, that bad huh? To be honest I never even heard of the "Dark Harvest" movies before I came across "3" last night. I figured what the hell, I have a weakness for killer-scarecrow movies.

tohostudios wrote:

Never saw the HG Lewis version. Is this one a "remake" or a belated sequel? (I thought the "2001" indicated it was supposed to be a follow up...) Either way, hell, Robert Englund as a cannibal redneck, I'm sold. Laughing

2001 Maniacs is more an "homage" to the HG Lewis film I guess. The plot (what there is of it) is essentially the same but the kills are different.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:47 am

Was given a "Spaceballs" DVD yesterday. Can't wait to see it again. "May the Schwartz be with me".

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:18 am

The Dark Knight
The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnasus
Daybreakers
Bill Bailey Live: Part Troll

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:24 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Bill Bailey Live: Part Troll

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Found some good'uns in the Walmart $5.00 bin today...

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Othersdvdcover

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Escape%20from%20l.a

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Event-horizon-2010-re-release-20091208112224779_640w

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:57 pm

The Others is really good but once you've seen it, it's ruined.

I recently got Event Horizon as well and it wasn't as good as I remembered it. If fact, a lot of it doesn't really make sense.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The Others is really good but once you've seen it, it's ruined.

Yeah, I've seen it before but it's been awhile. I thought it was great the first time though. Mainly due to Nicole Kidman wearing those vintage '40s outfits and stockings. Woo woo. Razz

Quote :
I recently got Event Horizon as well and it wasn't as good as I remembered it. If fact, a lot of it doesn't really make sense.

I haven't seen "EH" since it first came out on VHS back in the day. I honestly remember little of it except that I dug it back then.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Hellraiser (blu-ray)

Pinhead looks great in blu-ray!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 pm

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 The-Rocketeer-6305428514-L

Love this flick. Not only is it a fun action movie and a very faithful adaptation of a great comic book, but Jennifer Connelly was baked to absolute hottie perfection as the hero's Bettie Page-esque girlfriend. Yum yum.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:00 pm

In over the past week or two

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Imgp4013

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Imgp4014
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Lots of awesome films there!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:02 pm

I bought Conan: The Complete Quest yesterday afternoon. It has Conan the Barbarian on one side of the disc and Conan the Destroyer on the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:28 pm

My Amazon order came today, so I am now the proud owner of the new Accept disc and this classic...

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Starcrash-dvd-boc-211x300

Can't wait to see this cheeseball classic again! It's been 20+ years!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 am

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 516HG6ZJC9L._SL500_AA300_

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:35 am

The Evil Dead-blu-ray
Army of Darkness-blu-ray
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Wrong Turn 3

Yeah, I know it's supposed to be terrible but it was on an endcap at Sam's and was only 6.88.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Picked this up for $5 at a "Five Below" store today...

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 794043683121_a

Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Jackie Brown
Universal Soldier
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am

Gradually replacing my favorites with Blu-ray.

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 51clVL2uVtL._SL500_AA300_

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 51SO6AI-QML._SL500_AA300_

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:03 am

Nice! Loved both of those flicks, Toho.

I don't have a BluRay player yet but if and when I do get one, I doubt I'm gonna be bothered upgrading all of my "old" DVDs to Blu's. Shoot, I'm still "upgrading" some of my old cassettes to CDs. I don't need to add another "project" like that to my already overburdened wallet/credit card balance.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next