Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]

Go down 
+24
EvyMetal
exact33
Thordis
DallasBlack
Sutekh
manny
Required Fields
Dave the Boss
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
chewie
nevermore
jstate
SideShowDisaSter
Addy
Wargod
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
kmorg
Leatherface
Schbopo
thejokeriv
snooloui
Metallic Blaze
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:26 am

My last few snags:

Legion
The Book Of Eli
Crank: High Voltage
National Treasure

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Another trip to Wal-Mart, another 4-film collection of low budget horrors from their $5.00 bin. Can't find a pic of the actual DVD, but these are the movies on it...

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 418AJK8146L._SL500_AA300_
COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 51YVEQZFWKL._SL500_AA300_
(Bought the set based on this picture. I'm a sucker for an evil-hot-chick movie.)
COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 51qPsY4iBpL._SL500_AA300_
(Helpful hint: if searching for this movie, do it with Google Safe Search "ON" otherwise you're gonna see a lot of, shall we say, unsavory photos. Haha)
COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 51ZY0ABo9yL._SL500_AA300_

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 am

Helloween - 7 Sinners (YES!)
Paul DiAnno's Battlezone - Fighting Back
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:38 am

007 wrote:

Those are movies? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Those are movies? Laughing

Whoops Embarassed ! No they are not. Please ignore the previous post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
(Bought the set based on this picture. I'm a sucker for an evil-hot-chick movie.)
COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 51qPsY4iBpL._SL500_AA300_

Is this the same movie ?

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Imgp4210

In Lately

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Imgp4211
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 pm

I've gotta find that four dvd horror set just based on the covers alone. All four are amazing covers. No way any of them live up to the covers.

Having recently watched Red Heat (and not liking it from way back), I have to say it is a pretty entertaining 80's action flick.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Locky wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Is this the same movie ?

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Imgp4210

Looks like the same flick to me. Both covers even have the same critic's quote on'em. Have you seen it yet? (I haven't.) If so...any good?

jstate wrote:
I've gotta find that four dvd horror set just based on the covers alone. All four are amazing covers. No way any of them live up to the covers.

The Wal-Mart $5.00 bin/aisle is a treasure trove of such cheesy filmic delights. I've gotten quite a few of these "multi-movie" packs from there. I figure, what the hell, $5.00 for 4 movies = $1.25 a flick. Cheaper than a rental, and even if only one of the movies turns out to be any good, you still get your money's worth.

So far I've only watched "Tamara" off of the set I just bought -- it was a fun little B-Movie with a hot chick in the lead. No complaints thus far!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 am

Spongebob: Legends Of Bikini Bottom
Phineas & Ferb: Christmas Special
Shrek: The Final Chapter/Shrek: Christmas Special
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Quote :
The Wal-Mart $5.00 bin/aisle is a treasure trove of such cheesy filmic delights. I've gotten quite a few of these "multi-movie" packs from there.

Tried to find that four pack today in the mess of a bin. No luck. It looks like most of the multi packs get snagged up pretty quick around these parts. An older woman tried to convince me to buy Grumpy Old Men. So at least I got some entertainment out of going there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm

jstate wrote:

Tried to find that four pack today in the mess of a bin. No luck. It looks like most of the multi packs get snagged up pretty quick around these parts. An older woman tried to convince me to buy Grumpy Old Men. So at least I got some entertainment out of going there.

Bummer. I first noticed that "Creep"/"Tamara"/etc. 4-pack on a rack/shelf, not in the bin, surrounded by a bunch of similarly priced cheap movies a couple of weeks ago. I was going to grab it then, but must've gotten distracted (probably one of my kids running off on me and I had to go chase him -- haha) so I never went back for it.. When I went to the same Wal-Mart this weekend there it was again, sticking out of the gigantic bin of random $5.00 DVDs, so I snagged it before it got buried in the pile. Guess I got lucky. (whew)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Picked this up at the dollar store today. Always wanted to see this! Laughing very hard

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Dvdsci2

Duuuude, it's digitally remastered, even!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:12 pm

That " Boy Eats Girl" was just on Chiller. Not too bad. It has Samantha Mumba. That at least gives me something to look at for 80 minutes. The heavy machinery part towards the end was good. I just don't care for running zombies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:18 am

SpectreFate wrote:
That " Boy Eats Girl" was just on Chiller. Not too bad. It has Samantha Mumba. That at least gives me something to look at for 80 minutes.

Yeah, she was cute huh?

As zombie comedies go, it was no "Zombieland" or "Shaun of the Dead" but it had its moments.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:39 am

Shrek The Halls
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 am

The Karate Kid

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Ray
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:45 pm

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Yogi-Bears-All-Star-Comedy-Christmas-Caper-1982-%E2%80%93-Hollywood-Movie-Watch-Online

headbanger

A childhood favorite of mine finally released on DVD this year!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Boiling Point
JCVD (blu-ray)
We Own the Night
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Quote :
When I went to the same Wal-Mart this weekend there it was again, sticking out of the gigantic bin of random $5.00 DVDs, so I snagged it before it got buried in the pile. Guess I got lucky. (whew)

Hoping my Wal-Mart is just behind on getting it in stock. They're usually slow about putting stuff out. I always hear about great finds and then never see them for awhile. Hope thats the case with this.

Went back and picked up Outlander on blu-ray. A blind buy - but it has aliens, dragons, and vikings. Almost assured to be my kind of flick.

Quote :
JCVD (blu-ray)

Great pick-up. I really liked that movie. Should've re-established Van Damme.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:44 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :
When I went to the same Wal-Mart this weekend there it was again, sticking out of the gigantic bin of random $5.00 DVDs, so I snagged it before it got buried in the pile. Guess I got lucky. (whew)

Hoping my Wal-Mart is just behind on getting it in stock. They're usually slow about putting stuff out. I always hear about great finds and then never see them for awhile. Hope thats the case with this.

Went back and picked up Outlander on blu-ray. A blind buy - but it has aliens, dragons, and vikings. Almost assured to be my kind of flick.

Quote :
JCVD (blu-ray)

Great pick-up. I really liked that movie. Should've re-established Van Damme.

Got some buzz going for him, if he took the role Sly offered him for Expendables he'd be on his way...
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:45 am

The Defender
Diamond Dogs
Mystic River
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:54 am

How To Train Your Dragon (for my son for Christmas)
How I Met Your Mother season 2
Scrubs season 1
Scrubs season 2
Gamer
National Treasure 2
The Expendables

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Got an early Christmas present. Rocky collection on blu-ray. Going to marathon at least the first three tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:28 am

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Imgp4221
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]   COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COLLECTOR'S CORNER: Recently Acquired Movies [2010]
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next