Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shiva (NWOBHM)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Shiva (NWOBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Shiva (NWOBHM)   Shiva (NWOBHM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Shiva (NWOBHM) Shivafront

Anybody here ever hear of this obscure NWOBHM band? As far as I know, I have never heard these guys included in any NWOBHM comps. Neither have I seen them in the playlist thread here. I stumbled onto a reissue of their music at a used book store. I also remember seeing the album cover when searching for the female fronted melodic metal band of the same name. They were not really a clone of other NWOBHM bands as they added unique elements in their music (one song had a touch of reggae in it). Found some stuff on youtube:

Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Shiva (NWOBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiva (NWOBHM)   Shiva (NWOBHM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Yep. I've got Firedance. They were pretty unique in the NWOBHM in that they had a lot of proggy stuff going on. Interesting band.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Shiva (NWOBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiva (NWOBHM)   Shiva (NWOBHM) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:32 pm

A couple of years back I scored the NWOBM Majestic Box Vol. 1 (still kick myself for not getting Vol. 2 at that price. Those things got crazy high in price) I pretty much bought it for the Chariot records they had on there. But it was Shiva's Continuance that impressed me the most. Good stuff. Always hope I'll come across a legit version Firedance at some point.
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

Shiva (NWOBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiva (NWOBHM)   Shiva (NWOBHM) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 am

Very good music
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Shiva (NWOBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiva (NWOBHM)   Shiva (NWOBHM) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:28 am

I might have something by them around here. I had a buddy who was a big NWOBHM nut(in a good way). He kicked me down a ton of comps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shiva (NWOBHM) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiva (NWOBHM)   Shiva (NWOBHM) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiva (NWOBHM)
Page 1 of 1