Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Empty
PostSubject: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:40 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100311/ap_on_hi_te/eu_britain_pink_floyd_11

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Good for them. Stick it to the man!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:51 pm

How in the world was EMI planning to split an album like Animals into individual tracks?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
How in the world was EMI planning to split an album like Animals into individual tracks?

No joke!!!! or 'the Wall" or :wish you were here"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Radio edits? Studio magic? I dunno.

It's nice to see some artists stand-up for their artistic integrity (Beatles, Floyd, AC/DC) by not allowing their music to be chopped up and sold, however the cynic in me also says it's a heckava lot easier to stand-up for it after you've made your money.

Ah well, that's neither here nor there for me. I'm not an itunes user anyway.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:11 pm

i wish some of these anti-digital bands would put their music on spotify caouse i cant afford the albums and i dont want to download really
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:

At the moment on iTunes, those are sold by the track. But the looong tracks are sold as "Album Only"....meaning you have to buy the entire album to get those over 10min songs. Which is funny with Animals because all but the first and last song are that way.

The Wall....is split up by track as you see it on the back of your cd case and sold that way. Which in turn is equally as funny as with Animals. Track 11 on disc 2...the song "Stop".....is 30 seconds long and cost $1.29 yet song 12 on disc 2....."the Trial"......is 5:20 long and cost the same price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:26 pm

That is screwy and i've wondered about that. Good for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit   Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pink Floyd Wins Lawsuit
Page 1 of 1