Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
jstate
Lari
Dave the Boss
Addy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
fingers
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Crown of Worms' by Megadeth. Love that song. There was also a song whose names escapes me at the moment by Guns n' Roses that was making it's rounds from a live performance bootleg. It was really good and I was kinda disappointed when it wasn't on Chinese Democracy.

"Silkworms"?

I'll say
Velvet Revolver- Messages
Velvet Revolver - Gas and a Dollar Laugh
Brides Of Destruction - Entertain Us
AC/DC - Cold Hearted Man
Motley Crue - Stick To Your Guns
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
'Crown of Worms' by Megadeth. Love that song. There was also a song whose names escapes me at the moment by Guns n' Roses that was making it's rounds from a live performance bootleg. It was really good and I was kinda disappointed when it wasn't on Chinese Democracy.

"Silkworms"?

Yea, that was it. I'm still hoping it turns up on a soundtrack or something.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
W.A.S.P. - Phantoms in the Mirror

"Unreal" by W.A.S.P.

Where might one find these tunes? Where they ever "officially" released?

Well, 'Phantoms' is on some of the 'Crimson Idol' remasters, mine is a 2-disc where it has a bunch of Donington live tracks and then B-sides, on the second disc. Having 'Unreal' just depends on what release of 'Still Not Black Enough' you have...there are about 4 songs that show up on different editions: 'Breathe', 'One Tribe', 'Skinwalker' (the best IMO), and 'Unreal'. I don't know why either. There might be a re-release containing these songs though, I don't know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
W.A.S.P. - Phantoms in the Mirror

"Unreal" by W.A.S.P.

Where might one find these tunes? Where they ever "officially" released?

Right here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GHBVE5RV

Freshly ripped by yours truly.....
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

AC/DC - Cold Hearted Man

When did that song by AC/DC come out? never heard of it before
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:24 pm

fingers wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

AC/DC - Cold Hearted Man

When did that song by AC/DC come out? never heard of it before

Cold Hearted Man was written during the PowerAge sessions... One of the BEST AC/DC songs EVER ! and I'm pretty much a fanatic.... It appeared on a 12" import single in a box set and also on European versions of Powerage.... French I think... The original Euro version of Powerage is so different from the American it isn't funny....

AC/DC were the kings of writing great songs that never saw the light of day..... Finally that stuff is coming out...

AC/DC's 'BackTracks' has Cold Hearted Man and Crabsody in Blue and several other unreleased gems, and I do mean gems....

The $200 version has the complete unreleased mix CD... The $40 version has most of the best stuff but is still missing a few various gems....

I know that ULT has the Crown Jewel $200 set, from a gift if I understand correctly....

humble
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Getizzyback wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

"Silkworms"?

Yea, that was it. I'm still hoping it turns up on a soundtrack or something.
Well with all the vulgar lyrics a soundtrack seems unlikely, and as for a possible b-side, I wouldn't count on it, seems there are no "A" sides to go around. It was rumored sometime ago that they recorded Silkworms in the studio, but a lot of people think that's BS, or it would have leaked by now. The 2001 Rock in Rio show seems to have the best quality :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ehf2qHRqHs

the 2001 House Of Blues show version is awful.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 am

this may seem completely ridicules but I think one up the b side off bark at the moon should of been there the riffs and the guitar solos on that album sound awesome but of course the lyrics should rewritten
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 10:22 pm

also Its All right by Gruntruck one of the few songs that grabs my attention from them
Back to top Go down
HamburgerBoy
Metal novice
Metal novice
HamburgerBoy

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:31 am

Artillery - Ain't Givin' In (it's a bit of a Don't Believe v2, but still great)
Dream Theater - Raise the Knife (I guess those eleven minutes were better spent on You Not Me and Hollow Years, huh)
Judas Priest - Fire Burns Below (the synth makes it sound really dated, but I love it)
Overkill - The Answer (Overkill playing doom metal? oh yes)
Testament - Reign of Terror (a minor forgotten thrash classic)

EDIT: Forgot one of my very favorite songs, Coroner's Shifter. The groove to that song is just so twisted and evil sounding; top 3 Coroner material, probably.

And everything Forbidden did between Twisted Into Form and Distortion, that didn't make it onto the latter. Really dark and melodic almost-thrashing stuff, kind of makes me think of Nevermore before the fact. Disillusions is particularly great and probably my favorite Forbidden song. I can't believe that those didn't make it to an official release, yet Undertaker and that useless King Crimson cover did.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:40 am

Quote :
Velvet Revolver- Messages
Velvet Revolver - Gas and a Dollar Laugh

Most definitly I think both those tracks are Itunes exclusive I really dig Messages their version of Psycho Killers is great too

Id also include from the Contraband Sessions both are covers

Negative Creep (Nirvana cover)
No More No More (Aerosmith cover)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2