Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
jstate
Lari
Dave the Boss
Addy
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
fingers
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:29 am

1. Lake of Fools by WASP (my favourite WASP song) Blackie what the hell you were thinking of NOT adding it to the original pressing of headless Children? fainting
2. Living Bad Dreams by Judas Priest One of the best songs off Painkiller almost better than Touch of Evil
3. Liar by Ozzy Osbourne. Good song off NRFTW that should of been on the original pressing
4. Living in the know by Motley Crue. Great song with John Corabi
5. Dead Kennedy Rolls by MetallicA This song would of blown all the other
trax on St anger if it was added. I heard it before St Anger and was completely disappointed when the album came out that didnt make it on the album sure it needs alot of adjustments here and there but it has got more fire than the rest off the songs off St Anger also why didnt they add Shadow of the Cross as well
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 am

Total Eclipse - Iron Maiden
(Great song from the Number of the Beast recordings. It was used as a b-side and is one of the few b-sides that Maiden performed live)

Angel's Eyes - Aerosmith
(Recorded for a soundtrack. Should have been used as an album track)

Big Gun - AC/DC
(actually a hit for AC/DC. Recorded for the Last Action Hero soundtrack)

King of Kings - Motorhead
(recorded for some wrestling event. Great song.)

The Game - Motorhead
(ditto the above comments)

Junior's Gone Wild - King's X
(Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey soundtrack. Great song that was never to be heard again)

Angry Again - Megadeth
(a catchy song by Megadeth recorded for the Last Action Hero. Has a vibe similar to the material on Metallica's black album. Later showed up on the band's odds and sods album Hidden Treasure.)

Demon Bell - Dangerous Toys
(recorded for the Shocker soundtrack. Better than anything on the abysmal ' R*tist 4*merly Known as Dangerous Toys')

Poison My Eyes - Anthrax
(another song recorded for the Last Action Hero Soundtrack. The music on the soundtrack was better than the move itself. This song could have been one of the cooler songs on Stomp 442 IMO.)

Recon - Light the Fire
(How could they not record this song for Behind Enemy Lines? Released on the obscure California Metal Compilation.)

Seven Angels - Seventh Angel
(Recorded on their demo just prior to their first album, but somehow not recorded for the album itself. Why? It's a great song. It's actually one of my favorites from the band. The demo was eventually released on CD a few years ago but the song really should have been used on "The Torment" IMO.)

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 am

Quote :
Junior's Gone Wild - King's X
(Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey soundtrack. Great song that was never to be heard again)

I second this one...

Also:

Chasing Blue Sky by Queensryche - if this had been included on Hear In The Now Frontier it would have made the album a little better...it's a great song and much better than a lot of what is on the album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:19 am

If soundtrack songs count as "left over" songs then "Go to Hell" is one of my favorite MEGADETH songs and I wish they had played it live more often and included it on a "real" album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:24 am

Definitly agree about the Motorhead songs Ult posted also liked Line in the Sand by Motorhead too

Also agree about the ACDC song Big Gun its one of my favs and Definitly agree bout the megadeth

I havent heard Angel's Eyes by Aerosmith would like to hear that

And Im not sure bout the Metallica ones mentioned Ill have to check those out too

Last edited by Addy on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cuz i cant read so good)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 am

Addy wrote:
I havent heard Angel's Eyes by Aerosmith would like to hear that

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:55 am

Dream Theater - To Live Forever

As far as I know, there has never been an officially recorded version of this song on a studio album...they do it live, and have included it or bits of it on their live releases...but have never recorded it...it's a great song.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks Ult, Im liking this tune
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Iron Maiden - Burning Ambition
Iron Maiden - Reach Out
Judas Priest - Prisoner of your Eyes
Judas Priest - All Fired Up
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Bruce Dickinson - Broken
Bruce Dickinson - Silver Wings
Savatage - This Is Where You Should Be
Savatage - Stay
Blind Guardian - Harvest of Sorrow
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:05 pm

I know its not metal but im gonna throw in

Burn- The Cure (it showed up on The Crow Sndtrk)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:54 pm

How about Dio's Hide In The Rainbow from the Iron Eagle soundtrack.

Come to think of it Helix's It Too Late was another from that same soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:35 am

Two of my favorite songs.

Q-5- Freedom (recorded for their abortive third album I think?)
Cheap Trick- Reach Out (on the Heavy Metal soundtrack)
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:40 am

As ToB said, if we're counting sountrack songs as left off I'll add:

Machine Head - My Misery (on the Demon Knight soundtrack)
Megadeth - Diadems (also, Demon Knight soundtrack)
Megadeth - 99 Ways To Die (Shocker soundtrack, I believe)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:25 am

Best ones have been mention:

Megadeth - Go To Hell
King's X - Jr's Gone Wild (AWESOME, AWESOME SONG!!!!)
Iron Maiden - Total Eclipse with is now included as a track on The Number Of The Beast. Great song and better than Gangland!
AC/DC - Big Gun - cool, cool track! I thought it was from The Razor's Edge when I first heard it (didn't have the album at the time)

A couple others:
KISS - In You Face, It's My Life - just shows that Bruce "Horns" Fairbian wasn't in touch with KISS fans or what songs should have been on Psycho Circus. Replace two of the filler tracks with those two and BAM! a better album!

Queensryche - Last Time In Paris - I like this song and it would have fit well on Empire.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 am

thejokeriv wrote:

KISS - In You Face, It's My Life - just shows that Bruce "Horns" Fairbian wasn't in touch with KISS fans or what songs should have been on Psycho Circus. Replace two of the filler tracks with those two and BAM! a better album!

Definitely agree with that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:38 am

W.A.S.P. - Phantoms in the Mirror
Queensrÿche - Prophecy
Queensrÿche - Chasing Blue Sky
Running Wild - Skulldozer
Rage - On The Edge
Darkseed - Lifetime Alone
Recon - Light the Fire
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:57 am

'Crown of Worms' by Megadeth. Love that song. There was also a song whose names escapes me at the moment by Guns n' Roses that was making it's rounds from a live performance bootleg. It was really good and I was kinda disappointed when it wasn't on Chinese Democracy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:43 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Queensrÿche - Prophecy

Good call!!!!! That song would have better fit on The Warning, even though the version now included on the EP was recorded during the Rage For Order sessions. I can see why they didn't include it on Rage - fits better on Warning.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:47 am

The song was actually written before the first EP. I was into QR very early on. Had the EP logo painted on my denim vest. That song was very well known by QR fans, many of whom were quite disappointed that it didn't make it onto The Warning. A live version did appear on their Live in Japan VHS tape.

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:54 am

"Black Night" by Deep Purple
"When A Blind Man Cries" by Deep Purple
"Unreal" by W.A.S.P.
"The Brave" by Metal Church
"The Last Judgement" by Trouble
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

"Unreal" by W.A.S.P.

oh, that's one from the 'Still Not Black Enough' session. Forgot that one...also 'Skinwalker'..though, I think that one was on some editions.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Quote :
W.A.S.P. - Phantoms in the Mirror

"Unreal" by W.A.S.P.

Where might one find these tunes? Where they ever "officially" released?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Quote :
Demon Bell - Dangerous Toys
(recorded for the Shocker soundtrack. Better than anything on the abysmal ' R*tist 4*merly Known as Dangerous Toys')

agreed
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Enemy Attack - Avenger Of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums   Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 left over metal trax that shouldof been on albums
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next