Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread

Go down 
+7
scottmitchell74
Wargod
Lurideath
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
11 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Empty
PostSubject: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Remember the Heavy Metal In Baghdad movie? The band has an EP out produced by Alex Skolnick. It's streaming for free at the following location:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136395

and purchase at:

http://digital.thinkindie.com/search/release.php?x=release_info&release_id=95446

Download only purchase (ugh!), but you can buy WAV, MP3/320 or FLAC.

I like it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:25 pm

\m/ \m/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Never seen that movie yet, but the music is pretty decent. Good for them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

EXCELLENT movie!!! Rent it!!!! You will love it!!!! It is amazing to see what these guys have gone through!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:00 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

EXCELLENT movie!!! Rent it!!!! You will love it!!!! It is amazing to see what these guys have gone through!

Trust me, it's not because I don't want to see it. I just haven't watched any movies for awhile now. Haven't had much time to sit and relax by myself.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 pm

I haven't caught the movie yet. Hopefully I can see it soon.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Its good! I like it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Holy Iraqi, wow they are great to bad they have to go through all that smurf poo they do just to play HEAVY METAL. Such a shame.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:37 pm

The movie is great. If any of you have Netflix, you can stream it on there.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 pm

I've seen the movie. It was very good. You really feel for these guys.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 4:02 pm

The middle east is the home for some amazing band. It's the place for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Just checked out the video for "Garden of Stones" via YouTube. Not bad. Dunno if I'd run out to buy the CD but I'd like to hear more. Been meaning to check out the documentary about'em but haven't gotten round to it yet.

Thought this was interesting though... the band members seem to be getting disillusioned already that they're not huge rock stars yet.... (from Blabbermouth)

Lorraine Ali of Newsweek.com reports: Though Iraqi heavy metal band ACRASSICAUDA's first-ever recording, the EP "Only the Dead See the End of the War", was released last week, most of the band's members are working two or three service jobs each and living in cramped apartments. They barely have enough time between shifts to practice, let alone put on a show. "We are kings without a throne," jokes bassist Razaq, 28, who left the computer store he owned in Baghdad when he fled with his wife. "We're famous, everyone knows us, but we're still struggling. At some points, to be honest, I've thought, what have I done? The only thing to push me forward is when I look back." Hussein, who was an English and arts teacher in Iraq but now works as a waiter, says looking into the future can be more daunting than grappling with their turbulent past. "We've been here over a year now," he says. "I sometimes wonder, will we make it in America or just be some guys doing whatever refugee jobs we can to survive?"

...What, did they think that America's streets were really paved with gold or something? Sheesh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm trying to get a hold of their album.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lorraine Ali of Newsweek.com reports: Though Iraqi heavy metal band ACRASSICAUDA's first-ever recording, the EP "Only the Dead See the End of the War", was released last week, most of the band's members are working two or three service jobs each and living in cramped apartments. They barely have enough time between shifts to practice, let alone put on a show. "We are kings without a throne," jokes bassist Razaq, 28, who left the computer store he owned in Baghdad when he fled with his wife. "We're famous, everyone knows us, but we're still struggling. At some points, to be honest, I've thought, what have I done? The only thing to push me forward is when I look back." Hussein, who was an English and arts teacher in Iraq but now works as a waiter, says looking into the future can be more daunting than grappling with their turbulent past. "We've been here over a year now," he says. "I sometimes wonder, will we make it in America or just be some guys doing whatever refugee jobs we can to survive?"

...What, did they think that America's streets were really paved with gold or something? Sheesh.

Well, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I think they're just expressing frustration with the whole refugee life they've been stuck with for the past few years. Maybe they weren't expecting to be big rock stars right away but they probably thought things would get a little easier once they made it to the U.S. but so far they're still having to scrape just to get by. You should really check out the movie because it's sobering what they've had to go through.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:55 pm

sheets wrote:

Well, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I think they're just expressing frustration with the whole refugee life they've been stuck with for the past few years. Maybe they weren't expecting to be big rock stars right away but they probably thought things would get a little easier once they made it to the U.S. but so far they're still having to scrape just to get by.

I sympathize, but geez, at least they don't have to worry about bombs being dropped on their heads anymore. They should be thankful for that much. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
sheets wrote:

Well, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I think they're just expressing frustration with the whole refugee life they've been stuck with for the past few years. Maybe they weren't expecting to be big rock stars right away but they probably thought things would get a little easier once they made it to the U.S. but so far they're still having to scrape just to get by.

I sympathize, but geez, at least they don't have to worry about bombs being dropped on their heads anymore. They should be thankful for that much. Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_lol

I'd rather be miserable in my homeland then remain a stranger anywhere else...Just to say.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 am

The documentary about Acrassicauda ("Heavy Metal In Baghdad") was on Sundance Channel early this AM so I set my recorder to catch it. Hopefully I'll have time to watch it tonight. Been looking forward to checking out that flick.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 am

IMO the first thing this band should do if they want more success is change their name.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 am

tohostudios wrote:
IMO the first thing this band should do if they want more success is change their name.

...to "That Iraqi Metal Band" Laughing

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:08 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

...to "That Iraqi Metal Band" Laughing

Sounds like a new show on VH1 Classic
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:56 pm

A few months ago, i purchased an album called Heavy metal baghdad". Great mixture of oriental tunes and metal. A must listen.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread 83628-ing a seriously old thread... looks like Acrassicauda have something new in the pipeline. Check out "Rise" from their upcoming new album, "Gilgamesh."

Am I the only one picking up a serious Nevermore vibe off this track?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Not a bad tune.

Still never saw the doc. Now that I have Netflix, I should see if they have it. I'd be more inclined to watch the doc about them then the music though.

EDIT: Nope. Not on Netflix anymore. Bummer.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Here's the video

http://www.vice.com/video/heavy-metal-in-baghdad-feature
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread   Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acrassicauda (heavy Metal In Baghdad band) thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: