Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010 Empty
PostSubject: My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010   My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Dagon -- Terraphobic
Fashion Bomb -- Visions of The Lifted Veil
Bloodstream Parade -- Apocalypse In Retrospect
ULTIMATUM -- INTO THE PIT (tied with Bloodstream Parade)
My Silent Wake -- A Garland Of Tears
Earthen Grave -- Dismal Times (Demo)
Metallica -- Death Magentic
No Love Lost -- 4 Demo
Disonic -- The Value Of Truth
Iron Maiden -- Flight 666 Soundtrack
SlipKnot -- All Hope Is Gone
Grave Robber -- Inner Sanctum
Disturbed -- Indestructable

Dagon and Fashion Bomb made the top for a reason because they did something unique with their distinct metalsounds. There are quite a few bands on this list that hail from Chicago and the vincinity. Earthen Grave actually came out of four bands to form a doom metal supergroup in the local area and the drums are done by Scott Davidson Rebel Radio.

I actually reviewed a few of these CDs and Demos on VampireFreaks.com. I posted a link to all my reviews for all of you to take a look at them. I do this between writing a nvoella and working on a magazine. Scott, Bloodstream Parade sounds kind of like you guys in Ultimatum if Ultimatum were Athiest and had Sam Kinison for a vocalist.

The bassist in the band is a friend of mine so I am going to try to give him some exposure on here too. Scott over in Myspace.com I was pointing you to a bunch of local bands who got a lot of talent in metal, and some of these acts I actually caught live.

The bands that have the explicit lyrics in the list are Bloodstream Parade and Fashion Bomb. "Sick One" by Fashion Bomb is the most explicit track on the album and it's got some real nudity but very artistic in the way it is delivered.
Back to top Go down
Professor Norwood
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010   My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 pm

My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010 11840 Some nice discoveries there!
Back to top Go down

My picks for Heavy Metal for 2007-2010
Page 1 of 1